It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Melbourne Protestors clashing with police (w/ video)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
All said and done for today with more activity planned for tomorrow. It has been an interesting day- absolutely great to see people in solidarity and peace although I still fear the whole occupy movement being a strategic move by TPTB. I have to help a friend move tomorrow and then am going to the football but plan on attending again. Once I'm back on a PC I'll start a thread with all of the pictures and footage I'm collating.

The problem is that it is a 'leaderless movement' with far too many hugs, high fives and pats on the back as opposed to defining clear goals.

Out for now

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I take back some of my earlier comments.

New footage makes me sick.

I don't care if what I saw was idiots or not, I saw pigs.

damn...

Outright pigs being scum even if I dislike what I consider rent a crowd.. I've not seen that level of police thuggary before here, so.. I was wrong..

It was peaceful this morning, and if anything else things escalated due to the damn cops....

edit--
I cannot obviously alter my earlied comments, but I would if I could.
edit on 21/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Mate it was an absolute disgrace! Victoria police are nothing but dogs. As people were yelling out 'get that animal off the horse!'

Bear in mind, the Victoria police logo has the inverted 5 pointed star
more on that in a thread to come when I finish researching the Masonic history and other connections.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Violence will only get more people out on the street i feel.

So will be a very interesting weekend. Will keep my eyes open.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

Hahaha, well the only animal with an arse on it's back is a police horse..

Get that animal off the horse

I was in a very different mind this morning, but right now I wish I was there.

There won't be any Occupy St Georges Terrace I doubt, but if there is... as someone who does give a damn I would be there.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JamesGC
Violence will only get more people out on the street i feel.

So will be a very interesting weekend. Will keep my eyes open.

Don't forget we have CHOGM in the next few weeks - right here in Perth... The cops have prided themselves on their security, so you will likely see an unprecedented amount of brutality here.

Im curious and anxious.. it will be a telling time.

-- LMAO I just found I have a warning for something I said in a related thread ... god knows why but I admit it I suppose....

well whatever I said, I apologise, no point asking the mod, I'll just get post banned if I do.. so whaveer I said, if I say it again, let me know. They make it too easy here to get nabbed, and never help you if you're sincere.

Thanks mod. You get a WATS from me, .... leave you to work out the W...

edit on 21/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Yes Victoria Police are filthy Dogs.
However the tide will turn in due course, all the pigs will realize they are the minority.
It will not stay peaceful.The police will be brutally beaten in retaliation.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

There won't be any Occupy St Georges Terrace I doubt, but if there is... as someone who does give a damn I would be there.

not exactly occupy st georges tce
not yet
but we're having a general assembly/know your rights for CHOGM day style thang
tomorrow
starting in the central square of the perth cultural centre
at 11
the more voices, the better.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by decepticonLaura

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

not exactly occupy st georges tce
not yet
but we're having a general assembly/know your rights for CHOGM day style thang
tomorrow
starting in the central square of the perth cultural centre
at 11
the more voices, the better.

I'm there!

We'll see what happens from there!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Does anyone think its about time the police were given 'one over the bows' for violent behaviour. People have a legitimate rightto protest about what is happening in a democracy. However every time the news is on, there they are deliberately roughl handling people and behaving virtually like thugs in armour.

Luckily for the police they get their job, no worries there mate, virtually for life with a neat pension. In the UK we recently learnt, even though they are a private company and not, what most of us assumed, a government department, they were gettings sweet little perks like £200,000 mortgages at natty rates etc all from public purse and whatever they can claw back in fines, proceeds of crime acts etc. Neat job if you are a bully which the ob seems to attract more and more of today.

Surely there is some way to let one's government know how far these demonstrations are supported by those of us who are either too old and inform, too far away or clinging onto jobs and daily necessary routine. Are there any email addresses we can put our names to and make our remarks visible. I do support the need to get rid of the people who have damaged our ecomonies. I also know that with their replacement by carefully vetted people, we could turn around this situation slowly instead of plunging down the plug as we are patently doing.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Lol. Dude at the start of the video look at the man in the cap standing behind the guy with the bullhorn. Thats Bruce Willis wearing glasses!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Nice Vids!...Protest and you WILL be taken away in a "Headlock"...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzTruth
finally getting the bums off the street. In Melbourne we don't like American created protests. Melbourne was voted 2011 most livable city in the WORLD. Aussie dollar stronger than US dollar. They really have no reason to protest and with the lowest unemployment rate in the world. Its time these bums go back to work. We don't tolerate BS. Great to hear they cleaned up my beautiful city.

You can have your opinion, but please stop stirring trouble

I dont think you should be so judgemental - people believe in many different things, it is the protestors right to believe what they are doing is extremely urgent, as it is your right to believe they are 'bums'.

The only thing that i just have to say though is that the Occupy movement is more than just economics and bankers - read the below Declaration of Occupation of NYC, it is more about attacking the root of many of these problems - the 1%.

Declaration of the Occupation of New York City
September 29, 2011
As we gather together in solidarity to express a feeling of mass injustice, we must not lose sight of what brought us together. We write so that all people who feel wronged by the corporate forces of the world can know that we are your allies.

As one people, united, we acknowledge the reality: that the future of the human race requires the cooperation of its members; that our system must protect our rights, and upon corruption of that system, it is up to the individuals to protect their own rights, and those of their neighbors; that a democratic government derives its just power from the people, but corporations do not seek consent to extract wealth from the people and the Earth; and that no true democracy is attainable when the process is determined by economic power. We come to you at a time when corporations, which place profit over people, self-interest over justice, and oppression over equality, run our governments. We have peaceably assembled here, as is our right, to let these facts be known.

They have taken our houses through an illegal foreclosure process, despite not having the original mortgage.

They have taken bailouts from taxpayers with impunity, and continue to give Executives exorbitant bonuses.

They have perpetuated inequality and discrimination in the workplace based on age, the color of one’s skin, sex, gender identity and sexual orientation.

They have poisoned the food supply through negligence, and undermined the farming system through monopolization.

They have profited off of the torture, confinement, and cruel treatment of countless animals, and actively hide these practices.

They have continuously sought to strip employees of the right to negotiate for better pay and safer working conditions.

They have held students hostage with tens of thousands of dollars of debt on education, which is itself a human right.

They have consistently outsourced labor and used that outsourcing as leverage to cut workers’ healthcare and pay.

They have influenced the courts to achieve the same rights as people, with none of the culpability or responsibility.

They have spent millions of dollars on legal teams that look for ways to get them out of contracts in regards to health insurance.

They have sold our privacy as a commodity.

They have used the military and police force to prevent freedom of the press. They have deliberately declined to recall faulty products endangering lives in pursuit of profit.

They determine economic policy, despite the catastrophic failures their policies have produced and continue to produce.

They have donated large sums of money to politicians, who are responsible for regulating them.

They continue to block alternate forms of energy to keep us dependent on oil.

They continue to block generic forms of medicine that could save people’s lives or provide relief in order to protect investments that have already turned a substantial profit.

They have purposely covered up oil spills, accidents, faulty bookkeeping, and inactive ingredients in pursuit of profit.

They purposefully keep people misinformed and fearful through their control of the media.

They have accepted private contracts to murder prisoners even when presented with serious doubts about their guilt.

They have perpetuated colonialism at home and abroad. They have participated in the torture and murder of innocent civilians overseas.

They continue to create weapons of mass destruction in order to receive government contracts. *

To the people of the world,

We, the New York City General Assembly occupying Wall Street in Liberty Square, urge you to assert your power.

Exercise your right to peaceably assemble; occupy public space; create a process to address the problems we face, and generate solutions accessible to everyone.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
All said and done for today with more activity planned for tomorrow. It has been an interesting day- absolutely great to see people in solidarity and peace although I still fear the whole occupy movement being a strategic move by TPTB. I have to help a friend move tomorrow and then am going to the football but plan on attending again. Once I'm back on a PC I'll start a thread with all of the pictures and footage I'm collating.

The problem is that it is a 'leaderless movement' with far too many hugs, high fives and pats on the back as opposed to defining clear goals.

Out for now

Thanks heaps for the updates dude!! Please make sure you put a link to your thread in this one once you create it

Today will be an interesting day, with the MSM spreading footage of the vioence yesterday it wil be an interesting yardstick as to how this sort of thing 'sits' with people. I hope for a massive turn out!

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Well i for one can confirm the police used excessive force. Macing a protestor just for yelling back at him is not on. The cops were hyped up and ready for a fight i dare say they were trying to instigate one. Also i noticed a couple of cops dressed AS protestors and one of the protestors was yelling "thief" " there is a thief among us" i assume thats code for wolf in sheeps clothes. The fact that they were trying "infiltrate" the group is worrying. To all the folks going down there just be careful there is no level of duplicity the cops wont sink down to. Dont forget how much the powers that be stand to loose if this house of cards comes falling down. There is nothing they wont do to maintain the illusion of freedom. Be safe.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by srsen

Melbourne City Square is not Wall St.

Australia is not 14 trillion dollars in debt.

Australia is not America.

Get a life. Occupy a job.

Or move to China, Pakistan or Iran and see how far you get?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTruth

given the way you're trolling this and other occupy Melbourne threads and your join date i would theorize that you are a current member of this forum incognito trying to cause dissidence on here. Unfortunately for you, not everybody is as stupid as you. Typical coward maneuver but it doesnt surprise me given the company you keep.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
yes he might be trying to get a reaction, it's hardly trolling though, my troll-o-meter is only at 10%.

He has some valid points, you guys are just too hell bent on supporting the disruption of the CBD to stop and think about it.

And on that topic, yesterday with stopping the path of trams and other transport. What did OMC achieve yesterday? They made the working and tourist population spend more on transport, while boosting taxi revenue this reduced the cash-flow of many, many working Melbournians. You also caused big delays for people trying to get around, which in all seriousness most likely made people late for meetings, presentations, etc possibly losing money in the process.

Going well so far.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The protestors have regrouped and are heading to Trades Hall.

Twitter:

OccupyMELBOURNE OccupyMELBOURNE #occupymelbourne Peaceful assembly about to begin.

OccupyMELBOURNE OccupyMELBOURNE Occupy Melbourne is peacefully walking from Federation Square to Trades Hall to continue to talk out of the rain. Everyone is welcome.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join