It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Letter from the Boss

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I agree with the letter in one way.... on the otherhand:

WHY is our human life such that we NEED to work this hard to "succeed". Is this guy really a success? spending so many hours denying his life in order to make a competitive business? Yes, he's successful in one meaning of the word. He's also a total failure in one way because the system we have allowed to overrule us decrees the real profits and benefits go to those few "elite" sociopaths that keep us always wanting more!

We NEED an overall change for many reasons - one, so people don't need to sacrifice their lives to have "success"; and two, so we have a system where the masses get more for what they do. A woman at home with four children should count that as her job! Raising a child is harder than any job I've ever worked. I don't mean welfare for all, I mean we need to have MORE for everyone and less for the so-called elite.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Who ever wrote this made valid points. But I do admit it irks me to see a boss sending out a mass email to his/her employees going on about who to vote for, politics and the economy etc...

I may just be biased though. I had a boss that actually got into fist fights with employees after going on about politics! Talk about a hostile work environment. I quit that job pretty quickly.

I see exactly what this guy is saying, but it still irks me some how...that he sent this email. It seems like it could have been written with out taking about who to vote for, and politics and all that... I don't know.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
You're boss sounds like an amazing person. Next time Obummer makes a speech in you're town or a neighboring one he should say word for word what was in that email to him and see his reply, I'm guessing if it's not on his teleprompter he won't respond. Send that to the news organizations, I wish every owner in America would do something like this.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by supine
reply to post by barkingdogamato

This guy is the rear end of a donkey in my opinion.

Without coming right out and stating who he thinks people should vote for, he is veiling his thoughts by threatening the jobs of his employees. I would hate to work for an opinionated person such as this.

The person can't be too badly off since they state that they could easily give it all up and retire to a beach somewhere.

Perhaps this person is upset that they won't be able to afford the best beach some place.........

And in my opinion too.
I am surprised and shocked at the number of people who feel threatening a person and their vote for political reasons and threatening their employment based on who they or anyone else vote for is even freaking legal.

I DARE MY BOSS TO GIVE ME THIS LETTER and I will get an attorney and slap an unlawful and discriminating discharge on him so fast it will make his suspenders snap.
This is so illegal it is not even funny. This is not a communist country where workers have to go along with "the party" their employer votes for in order to keep their job. We are even protected against such coercion and blackmail bribery and threats.

And this is a loosely veiled threat to peoples jobs.

I find it sad people are letting America and what America was founded on and stands for GO STRAIGHT DOWN THE CRAPPER to promote a political ideology that will make them a profit.

It is disgusting and shameful and I just can't believer the number of people who think this is not only OK - they think it is legal. Go back to communist China or where ever you came from people.
edit on 21-10-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
What's unfortunate is that the evil corporatists use such stories to try to make it seem like the middle-class hate small business owners.

I worked for a huge corporation, who's corporate offices are in Dublin (so they don't pay US taxes on their rather substantial annual profit.) I personally paid $25-30k/year in state and federal income taxes in my time with that corporation. I guarantee, their corporate tax rate was much lower than my income tax rate, and again, they were paying it to Ireland, not the U.S.

That company let me go - I didn't collect unemployment, I found another job right away.

What's unfortunate is that my story is probably far more common than the OP story. That story - valid, for sure! But it seems like such pieces are being used to skew reality so that people think most all Americans are just welfare cheats, and anyone who doesn't think so hates small business owners.

I've watched the past 2 administrations (more than that, but Obama and W have been the worst) aid corporations in crushing small businesses, exporting jobs, and expatriotizing (new word?) their corporate taxes (i.e. Halliburton to Dubai, take our tax money and run??)

In all reality, probably 80% of the people on welfare should be cut off because they're purposely and willingly living off of it, and likely an equally large percentage of corporate executives and congressmen from both parties should be treated as terrorists for the harm they have done to the economy of this nation.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thermo Klein
I agree with the letter in one way.... on the otherhand:

WHY is our human life such that we NEED to work this hard to "succeed". Is this guy really a success? spending so many hours denying his life in order to make a competitive business? Yes, he's successful in one meaning of the word. He's also a total failure in one way because the system we have allowed to overrule us decrees the real profits and benefits go to those few "elite" sociopaths that keep us always wanting more!

We NEED an overall change for many reasons - one, so people don't need to sacrifice their lives to have "success"; and two, so we have a system where the masses get more for what they do. A woman at home with four children should count that as her job! Raising a child is harder than any job I've ever worked. I don't mean welfare for all, I mean we need to have MORE for everyone and less for the so-called elite.

^^^^ This

We all lose
until we quit feeding the beast
and start working for ourselves and our neighbors again.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
This was from the Great Recession. He was talking about Herbert Hoover who raised taxes on the rich from 25% to 65% which only made things worse until Hoover was defeated in 1932. I think what we had in 1932 is going to be what we will see in 2012. Barrack "Herbert Hoover" Obama with his Obamavilles all over America same as the Hoovervilles back then will get thrown out of office for a new president that will start WWIII like Roosevelt started WWII.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This letter makes me sick. Why is he complaining to his employees? It's not their fault the economy tanked. Most people are angry at the system because of HOW some people aquire such ridiculous amounts of wealth, not the wealth itself.
I don't owe my boss a damn thing, and he knows it. We talk about this all the time. He pays me for being there and pays 80% of my health care as agreed when he hired me. If he wants to have his house and his cool stuff, he has to have two more people there to handle the workload. He could set lower goals and do it on his own if he wanted to. The fact is that outside of investment banking, it's extremely hard to make a lot of money all by yourself. It takes a team to generate weatlth.
This is BUSINESS, not CHARITY, and it works BOTH WAYS.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

So true. A business is a nexus of contracts. An employer needs people to make the ridiculous amounts of money they make. When they hire people it is in a sense a contract between the employee and employer. Whatever that employer agrees to pay is up to that employer. If they want to fire people fine, but firing people to make more money, working employees to death, changing their positions duties and what not is bound to cause backlash from the employees who previously agreed to work for certain benefits. So an employer can cut all day, but does not get to be insulated by the government and protected from loss or uncertainty at the expense of the employee. If anything the government should protect the employee more then the business otherwise slavery will occur each and every time. Where an employee makes sacrifices to accommodate the employer and the employer takes advantage of that, there is no fairness in that arrangement.

I would prefer all companies when they hire should state with clarity exactly what type of company commitment they have to their employees and actually be held to it.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Over the years I've owned several small businesses. Except the first, none had employees. The first nearly bankrupted me. Oh not by my doings, but because it was a restaurant, and a couple of months after opening, the highway to it was closed for extensive rebuilding. Of course we were told the road was to only be closed on one side. ANY WAY

What I did was start each new business and incorporate sidelines into additional businesses so that each was a separate business but all hovered around a nucleus. The customer base was quite limited, so I had to be acutely aware of their needs. And I was, for over 30 years the business was a humble success. I made a living but nothing major, hardly any anxiety, etc, and serviced my customers with a dedication second to none. As to employment, I used outside contractors, and over the years found several in whom I could trust. The business was a well oiled machine.

Then 9/11 happened. It was like they disconnected my phone. The whole business just died. No matter how much effort I made the business was just not there. I went into hunker down mode, sold everything that was hardware in the business, closed the fancy showroom, and just stayed by the phone trying to generate business.

I was lucky in one respect, I had zero debts. All I had to pay was current bills. Being frugal I was able to survive.

As it turned out may others in my business, in other states, were also suffering, and some closed their doors.

Now eleven years later, my customers are beginning to call again. Why, because their products are starting to fail or upgrades are needed. But it is a two edged sword for them. They need my products, but their money flow has dried up due to the present economy. Their customers are now financially destitute.

Don't know how this will work out in the end. I'm of retirement age and will keep going as long as I can.

NOTE I'm not mentioning what my business is for very specific protective reasons., so don't ask.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Nothing could be further from the truth and this is the type of change you can keep. So where am I going with all this? It's quite simple. If any new taxes are levied on me, or my company, my reaction will be swift and simple. I fire you. I fire your co-workers. You can then plead with the government to pay for your mortgage, your SUV payment and for your child's future. Frankly, it isn't my problem any more. Then, I will close this company down, move to another country, and retire. You see, I'm done. I'm done with a country that penalizes the productive and gives to the unproductive. My motivation to work and to provide jobs will be destroyed, and with it, will be my citizenship. While tax cuts to 95% of America sounds great on paper, don't forget the back story

Well, all I can say is the author of this letter (real or not) would have shot himself in the foot with the above statement to his employees. He talks to them like their expendable merchandise instead of human beings with families. If he wound up not having to fire them, I'm sure he quickly noticed that his employees' "mental check-in time" went from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m.

If I got a letter like that from my employer,. I'd tell him to take his job and shove it where the sun don't shine.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This letter sounds like it was written to prove a point and I dont think any boss ever gave this to their employees... But, if it were true, this person sounds like a small business owner. 15 employees? I don't think anyone is complaining about these people. They are getting raped just like the rest of us. They are part of the 99%. I think people more have a problem with companies like GE or paying no taxes, and the giant banks and other corporations that give quarter million dollar "bonuses"...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Very true, intellectualredneck. I think It was a matter of me venting my frustrations out about the people I see around me, in my neighborhood. I was laid off in 09', and we were badly in need of assistance from the government. They would not give me a red cent, and I have been contributing to our society since I was fifteen years old, and I am now 42.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

It is over for this world .... and ain't nothing bringing it back ..... believe on Jesus Christ: the way, the truth, and the [eternal] life.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Without coming right out and stating who he thinks people should vote for, he is veiling his thoughts by threatening the jobs of his employees. I would hate to work for an opinionated person such as this.

The person can't be too badly off since they state that they could easily give it all up and retire to a beach somewhere.

Perhaps this person is upset that they won't be able to afford the best beach some place.........

Well as you just expressed your opinion I guess you'd hate to work for yourself.

But hypocrisy has crossed the lips of quite a few ppl I am sure.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

So you don't think he should tell his employees that government policies are endangering their jobs?

He wasn't telling them who to vote for; he was just reminding them that votes have consequences.

He wasn't even saying "anyone but Obama", because a Republican with essentially the same policies would just make things worse.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
This is not a letter from a "boss," this is a made up piece of propaganda telling us all who are either under employed or unemployed that someone somewhere "did there best" and made a job that other people can work at. They then thinly veil that we are all threatened by Obama and the Liberals...as if the Republicans didn't already control most of the Senate, the Judiciary and the Congress, and are pouring millions and millions of dollars via the Koch Bros. and others into the coffers of ultraconservative corporate "get out the vote" schemes. This guy is threatening to go retire and live on a beach somewhere, well DO IT! If you don't love what you are doing or respect your employee's right to vote their conscience, then you aren't wanted in MY country. The reason there won't be any jobs is because the banks won't lend money in an economy THEY COLLAPSED. The heart wrenching "letter" draws out a lot of emotion. However I have had three companies completely devastated by two Bush wars and the Global Economic Collapse engineered by Bush and others to steal the US treasury for their banking and insurance buddies! I've struggled my whole life to make my businesses work in this Republican climate. Business no longer gets done by hard work and perseverance, it gets done by lying, cheating and stealing...either the business owner is forced to do it, cheating the customer, lying to the govt. (contractors do it all the time) or not paying taxes (i.e. stealing from one's own table!) or the banks do it to us. Either way if you do not play the game correctly, you are ousted, and your company ruined. This "letter" is nothing but a lie and a threat wrapped in maudlin sentiment.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I'm not going to read this entire thread so I don't know if anyone pointed this out but this sounds like obvious trickle down propaganda.

If the employees got paid more money or had better benefits then they'd have more money to spend in this particular company so the boss would have nothing to worry about. Sure, perhaps he'd have more taxes to pay but he'd still be making more money and you know who else would have more money? His employees.

Money in the system is money in the system. Face it... if the boss has money the cash goes to the bank, it isn't reinvested in the system and that is why the system fails. The working class have no money to put in the bank, they only have money to spend, that's money in the system.

Bottom up works but trickle down doesn't.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join