It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Been trying to figure out October 28, 2011

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by occy30
Don't forget dark night's prediction that something horrible was going to happen on this day. He said this back in 2008. A fathers warning in his death bed.

That was proven to be a hoax, ages ago, or were you being ironic? no offence

Where can I view this HOAX?
I want to rad about it for myself.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Oct 28 2011 would be a prime day to stage a false-flag event to put a stop on market trading and give an excuse to blame the economic collapse on , other than that nothing extraordinary is likely to happen.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eywadevotee

The end of October was already used in 1929. That won't pass muster today.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You do not feel the undercurrent among the masses. Drop all your biases and look at things as if you were looking from the outside in. Do not judge, just view.

I know how much everyone loathes New Age...However awareness is not "new age" unfortunately it was given that label, to undermine it more than anything.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by blazenresearcher

Information is information. The issue is that people are becoming less likely to apply critical thinking in weeding out the right from the wrong. I hear this comment from many professors that are finding their students less interested in evaluating the material and testing the ideas of the material they read than just a decade ago.

That is a problem. It is not an increase in awareness.

Is it possible that students have developed a more intuitive ability. You described exactly what intuitives do. They are either "thinking intutives" or "feeling intuitives". They skip the critical thinking step...This is a higher ability than just "thinking".

You see the professors information as "Oh these damn kids these days", I see the professor's statement as a sign of the times. It is all about knowledge and how you perceive the information.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Is it possible that students have developed a more intuitive ability. You described exactly what intuitives do. They are either "thinking intutives" or "feeling intuitives". They skip the critical thinking step...This is a higher ability than just "thinking".

This is not a higher ability. Intuitives say demonstrably false things like:
1. You can be thrown clear of an accident
2. Basketball players exhibit great hang times
3. Believing in Miller, Camping, Jim Jones, etc.
4. Dowsing works

Areas where intuition is a failure
1. gambling
2. politics
3. understanding rotating objects
4. financial decisions in a downturn, ie cutting losses

The lack of critical thinking leads people to accept a lot of the baloney posted on the internet.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Do not judge, just view.

That's just silly. It is important to discriminate between the nonsense and the plausible.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
This may be of interest. Racked my brain and came up with TimeWave ~∅~

m.youtube.com...

edit on 24-10-2011 by CableKing because: don't know YouTube number

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I think we are going to get unplugged from the Matrix on that day. We're going to collectively wake up. No more choice of whether we take the red pill or the blue pill. We will all be force fed the red pills.

edit on 25-10-2011 by Archer8 because: added text

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Archer8

So we are force fed the red pill. Please help me out here. I have not seen the movie in years. Which one was that? What will that pill mean in terms of a change in our experiences?

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I haven't seen the film in years either, but as I recall, Nero could take the red pill and unplug from the Matrix or take the blue pill and continue his life in the Matrix without remembering anything about this. While I don't think there are many who can imagine what the end of the Mayan calendar will really bring, I feel that the closest thing we can imagine is that we are all currently living in the Matrix right now and it breaks in a few days.

I think Calleman's date of October 28, 2011 lines up closer to world events. Like Fukushima happening around the beginning of the 9th wave. Dr. Calleman talks about some of the other dates in this paper from 2009.

The risks of believing that the Mayan calendar ends December 21, 2012!
www.calleman.com...

In this paper he talks about a different type of time that the calendar is based on and the meaning of the end date:
The end date simply reflects the point in time when the Cosmic Tree of Life attains its highest quantum state.

I think a lot of us know in our minds that there is no such thing as time as we know it, that we really live all of our lifetimes simultaneously. I think we will begin to experience what that feels like soon.

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Archer8

I think we are going to get unplugged from the Matrix on that day. We're going to collectively wake up. No more choice of whether we take the red pill or the blue pill. We will all be force fed the red pills.

That's creepy as i had a dream everyone was rounded up by some sort of evil corporation and told they had a lethal disease, then a woman told them a pill was the cure and 4 people were throwing the people imprisoned pills that killed and left them convulsing. The woman took a placebo to get people to take the pills and I force-fed her one of the real pills.

posted on Oct, 26 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Yep, the date is drawing closer, I am ... curious about it seeing what will happen on the 28th and 29th. But of course the media hyped the 2012 thing with the movie, the Mayan elder said it was pure BS with the end of the world.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
For those that are of the wait and see ilk it is rather obvious that there is nothing to Calleman's fiction. That should have been obvious from his rather poor knowledge of the Mayans that was so often showed to be demonstrably false.

<< 1  2   >>

join