It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open questions to all worshippers of the christian faith

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420
If god is everywhere,then why do you have to go to church to speak with god?

We don't have to go to church to speak with GOD, He IS everywhere. We go to church to further learn, like school, but you have your own personal relationship with GOD and you can speak to Him anywhere.
Long story short we go to Church to: Express our love for GOD (Worship), We build up our spiritual strength (by learning), it's a place where we can have fellowship with other Christians, going to Church is an act of Obedience to God, It combines our spiritual strength in prayer - "Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven" (Matt. 18:19) it really helps to have someone pray with you for your troubles then to go at it alone, and well all in all it honor's the Lords day.

If god created everyone equal,then why are people born with horrific disfigurations,disabilities and other life changing illness and disease?

Simple, so people can grow closer to GOD. A common misconception people have is that everyone is completely the same and starts with the same set of cards in life. How can we learn to love others for THEM if everyone is the same? Everybody is born into this world with their own strengths and weaknesses. Everybody is different and have their own difficulties and problems to overcome. Everyone does not get the same fair chance at life. Why is this such a hard thing to understand and such a problem? Life would suck if everybody started with the exact same parameters. It would not be dynamic and would lack growth, challenges and purpose.

If natural disasters are truly an "act of god",then why does god carry out these acts?

natural disasters are often termed “acts of God” but no “credit” is given to GOD for years or even decades of peaceful weather. GOD created the whole universe and the laws of nature. Most natural disasters are a result of these laws at work. Earthquakes are the result of the earth’s plate structure shifting. A tsunami is caused by an underwater earthquake. Can GOD let there be no disasters? Yea, but GOD also influences weather at times as judgment against sin (Seen throughout Revelation). But not every natural disaster is a punishment from GOD. In the same way that GOD allows evil people to commit evil acts, GOD allows the earth to reflect the consequences sin has had on creation.
Romans 8:19-21 “The creation waits in eager expectation for the sons of God to be revealed. For the creation was subjected to frustration, not by its own choice, but by the will of the one who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God.”

If christianity is based on forgiveness,then why go to confession or try to be good in life if all thats required upon arrival at the pearly gates is a simple sorry?

Confession of sin will help to keep us from the discipline of the Lord. If we don't confess our sin, GOD is sure to discipline us until we do confess. Our sins are forgiven at salvation, but our daily fellowship with GOD needs to stay in good standing. Proper fellowship with GOD can't happen with unconfessed sin in our lives. We need to confess our sins to GOD, in order to maintain close fellowship.

If jesus was the true son of god,then why did god allow him to suffer,if you were a parent how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be cnsidered evil?

Firstly, we can't think like GOD, He is GOD for a reason, and we shouldn't question GOD's will. His way's are not our way's and his thought's are not ours.
Though God banished Adam and Eve from the garden, He didn’t leave them without hope of heaven. He promised He would send a sinless Sacrifice to take the punishment they deserved (Genesis 3:15). Until then, people wold sacrifice lambs, showing their repentance from sin. God reaffirmed His promise of the Sacrifice with men such as Abraham and Moses. Jesus was our sacrifice because he was GOD in essence, he gave up his Godly powers to be like us - but he was pure without sin - and being GOD in a sense Jesus was the ultimate sacrifice - we could then go directly to GOD and ask for forgiveness for our sins, other wise we would all get the punishment of Hell.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

I guess you ask these questions because you have an interest in God or Jesus or Faith? You telll me. In the meantime I will answer your questions. Not for you, but for the strength of those who are believers and might be sidetracked by this inquisition.. You ask,,

This is a summary of my unanswered questions to all followers of christianity,

The answer is simple.You don't have to go to church to speak to God. Church is defined by Jesus in this simple way. "Where two or more are gathered in my name, there I am also. Further more the purpose of church is also to bring believers together. "Forsake not yourselves the assymbling together" It's healthy to fellowship with one another. You next question is,

If god created everyone equal,then why are people born with horrific disfigurations,disabilities and other life changing illness and disease?

God created everyone equal. That has nothing to do with disease. If you don't brush your teeth and they fall out, or if your mother were a crack smoker and your born with a physical deformity, are you going to blame that on God? A lack of equality is man's doing and not Gods. Your next question is,

If natural disasters are truly an "act of god",then why does god carry out these acts?

Who said God is the cause of Natural Disasters? I don't find that in The Bible. The phrase was coined by men, not God. Your next question is,

If christianity is based on forgiveness,then why go to confession or try to be good in life if all thats required upon arrival at the pearly gates is a simple sorry?

Who said Christianity is based on forgivness? Christianity is based on a beliefe in Christ. And the redemption His death allowed. Forgivness is just one attribute of a believer and of God. As far as confession? You again as a man mix up the facts. Christians don't go to confession, Catholics do. Who said at the end of life a simple sorry will do? . Your next question is,

If jesus was the true son of god,then why did god allow him to suffer,if you were a parent how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be cnsidered evil?

The answer is simple. "God so loved the world He gave his only begotton Son" Jesus paid the price of death so you and I could have eternity in Heaven. He suffered so you don't have to if you believe.It was an act of love and sacrifice!! Your last comment below is the real issue isn't it?

Let the drama begin!

The problem is , there is no drama except yours !!!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Sorry but i'm new, (Long time lurker but decided to make an account to respond to these questions) not sure if i'm breaking any rules by double-posting but i didn't think i had enough room after my reply above ^

All our questions are truly answer'd by the Bible, READ and do Research on your own and you will find answers. Many people try to make Christianity look bad but it is nothing like others say. It ask's for nothing but gives you Everything (not trying to convert people or anything just tired and speaking the truth)

To sum up your questions, GOD really works in mysterious way's, and instead of questioning WHY and going off of the words we hear from others we gotta dig deep ourselves

And PLEASE don't confuse the catholic church with Christianity, big difference's there...

Peeeeacee

edit on 18-10-2011 by Strength because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I have a question for you instead of answering your child like questions...

Whom are you to doubt or question the Lord?

I also would suggest you humble yourself and seek him out yourself... You will never know him if you fail to do so before trying...

Your questions are not without reasons or answers for that matter...

Know God himself has been waiting for you to do so a long time...

Ill give you a little hint and let you know most of your questions are really false accusation...
edit on 18-10-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 5StarOracle

INDEED.

Rebellion in our era comes in many costumes.

As Bill Cosby said . . . Noah, how long can you tread water?

As God said to Job . . .

Where were you when I laid the foundations of the earth?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Those laws are Levitical laws...given to Levite priests while wandering through the wilderness where sanitation was minimal at best. Look at the tragedy wrought upon our modern society with modern medicines and modern sanitation... imagine the impact upon a mass group of people wandering the wastes of the Sinai Penninsula and Arabia.

These laws also restrict relations of husbands with wives when in menstral flow...also the cleanliness of foods eaten and how they were prepared... all to control sanitation and sickness and the health of people. Disease killed more men in the US Civil War than bullets. These laws were given by God to His people to prevent sickness from hurting and wiping out his people...they are severe and the consequences are likewise severe. But consider the orders of commanders upon their armies when considering the control of trench rot, dysentary, frost bite, etc...they were harsh also...all with the same intent in mind...the preservation of the group above the individual.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

You don't. Everyone has an innate ability to commune with the spirit world. An "antenna to heaven" as it were. You don't need to be anywhere to use it. And other people are just as confused as you are, I would listen but pay little heed to men. Thats how we got here. Consult your soul for matters of the soul.

Everyone is created equal in their soul and sometimes the translation down to the physical self is corrupted, usually by men and their wickedness and environmental pollution.

We have been given this garden of eden planet full of life. Like any engine or self sustaining machine it coughs and backfires once in a while, destroying and renewing again and again. Small price to pay for such beautiful sunsets and bountiful food which just grows out of the ground, don't you think?

Does a simple sorry cut it when someone seriously wrongs you? Thats hogwash. Made up by men, they call it religion. Religion is man made. The trick is to find the source of wisdom the men who wrote parts of the Bible found. Then you become a source of that same truth and wisdom.

If god intervened all the time in every act of evil, there would be no self determination. Man is allowed to suffer from evil until he is awakened by it. Then, and only then can we truly desire change. Problem is, that every generation or so people die and we forget how terrible things can become, and so we repeat our mistakes, like greed, empire building and war.

He let his son die to show us an example of non violence in reacting to our enemies. Sort of turning the other cheek? And don't fret. People responsible for murder will get theirs one day.

All that matters in the end is what you have done for (or too) others.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Do you really believe you have anyone stumped with those condescending inquiries ?

Wait this might be a good reply.

Wow, I have never even had the brains to think of any of that. I'm completely flabergasted. No more Christ for me.
Ya, Good luck.
edit on 19-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   

You don't have to go to a church to speak to God. You can boldly go before His throne anywhere through Christ.

God cares about our spirits, not our flesh. The flesh dies anyways, the spirit lives forever.

We live in a cursed world. Bad weather is a part of it.

We're to do unto others as we'd have them do unto us. If you'd have people forgive you for your wrongs then you need to be able to forgive them for their faults. Christ has forgiven us of everything, therefore we should forgive all others of everything.

Because that was His plan for redemption. To suffer and die for us, in our place, to become sin and to be judged as sin, therefore God had judged and punished sin. Through Christ our sins can be forgiven us.

edit on 19-10-2011 by NOTurTypical because: spelling issues fixed

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by CherubBaby
The answer is simple. "God so loved the world He gave his only begotton Son" Jesus paid the price of death so you and I could have eternity in Heaven. He suffered so you don't have to if you believe.It was an act of love and sacrifice!! Your last comment below is the real issue isn't it?

Just supposing for a minute, as I don't really believe any of these beings exist (including Christ) outside of myth.

You are an all powerful God, who can do anything you want, any time you wish. You create a very flawed humanity in your image and when they inevitably fall from grace and "sin" as you obviously knew they would, you wish to show them that you love them and wish to forgive them. Out of all the infinite ways to do such a thing you choose...I know, I love my son and my creation so much that instead of finding forgiveness for what is essentially my fault to begin with, I will send my son down who has done nothing wrong to be tortured to death on a wooden cross!!! Yep, that'll fix it!!!

Out of all of the roundabout ill conceived ideas imaginable, this one is up there. Out of all the ways that could be viewed as intelligent and kind, this isn't one of them. If we were talking about any other being, they would surely be considered dangerously insane. Yet, once again, concession is given to God. It also doesn't do to say we just don't understand. There is no other way to view this option without being brainwashed into accepting such a cruel act is loving, apart from completely insane (leaving out the most obvious option ie. it is simply a myth, didn't happen, non existent) .

Wanting them to believe in me so much, I also feel that instead of showing up definitively and giving people a good reason to believe, I will make sure not only that there is no genuine historical record of such a cock and bull story, I will pass my "wisdom" through unknown sources and make sure it conflicts not only with itself but with general knowledge so much that it will be obvious it couldn't have happened.So that any rational person will have doubts, then if they use the common sense I gave them and don't believe I will cast them out and make them suffer forever......because I am so full of love and mercy...

edit on 19-10-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Dear NOTurTypical,

Great answers, I gave you a star. I believe his questions are an attempt to set people up, most atheists have better questions than this person, the effective ones usually know the bible and he has chosen not to respond to my response. Some do not seek answers, they merely seek to find "Christians" who do not know their bible or God, the ones that are in name only. Be well and nice to hear from you again. Peace.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

I got to hand to you also. You make me so aware of my lack of patience. Good job indeed.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalDrivel

There's at least 1 man who had to make this decision in person. Man took his son and a non-Christian friend of the son, and the boat capsized. Both boys were floundering, and he had to choose which kid he was going to save first, knowing that split second that he might not get to the other in time. He yelled, "I love you!" to his boy, and swam for the friend. Got that kid puled to safety...and never saw his son alive again. Had a youth minister whose preacher was the man who saved that boy, in more than 1 way. Kid was from a troubled home.

Great story and I am sure the child is grateful.

Though I do not think it relevant. God chose the whole scenario where Christ was concerned. If you were God you would easily have saved both the son and friend, or averted the whole thing to begin with. He chose to torture his son without having to.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I got to hand to you also. You make me so aware of my lack of patience. Good job indeed.

G'day Randy. Nice to see/ hear you about again. I can see patience being very necessary Christian virtue where some of us are concerned.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Well ya but what can I say Cog ? Or what is it they say ? The first step towards fixing a problem is knowing you have one or something simalar.

WETF.

I believe The Big Guy, even tells us in some pssages, not to drive ourselves crazy trying to be perfect, cause we never will be. Not in this lifetime so, you know ?

Oh and thanks for the kindness and back at you my worthy nemesis.

edit on 19-10-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

What a great post, Scottish!

As a believer in Jesus Christ, I agree that you do not have to go to church - in fact avoid churches because they are run by corrupt men.

And I agree - I cannot work out why God is so mean.

So what I do is cling to the idea of Jesus - gentle, forgiving and loving. And I think that if everyone followed His example, the world would be a great place.

But unfortunately, the world is a mess - through greed and hatred.

Because this world is ruled by Satan - at the moment.

As for the rest - who knows?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by PosterNutbag

Originally posted by PosterNutbag
Here's another, if accepting Jesus as your Lord and savoir is the ONLY way to heaven, what about people who never get this message (hear the word of God)? Like tribes in third world countries. What about all the people that were alive before Jesus was born? Did God change the entry rules?

No takers on this one?

Jesus preached about a lot of actions that we could do in our lives that would demonstrate our faith in him, such as rejecting violence, promoting equality, and untying ourselves from material things. It is my personal belief that anyone who acts in the way of Jesus is a faithful follower of Jesus, whether they know him/believe in him or not. It is also my personal belief that there are many different roads to the Divine Presence, and that we are never going to be able to figure out 'the one true way' to God. Christianity is one of the roads, but so are all the other religions that preach love and peace. In the end, God is not going to care if you were a Muslim or a Catholic or a Hindu or an Athiest; he is going to care that you treated his creation, which is humanity and the planet, with love and care and respect. (P.S. I practice Catholicism). Also, just to clarify, this is my personal belief and doesn't necessarily reflect the beliefs of all Christians (although in my liberal Jesuit university, this seems to be a common conception of all the religions.)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Just supposing for a minute, as I don't really believe any of these beings exist (including Christ) outside of myth.

You are an all powerful God, who can do anything you want, any time you wish. You create a very flawed humanity in your image and when they inevitably fall from grace and "sin" as you obviously knew they would, you wish to show them that you love them and wish to forgive them. Out of all the infinite ways to do such a thing you choose...I know, I love my son and my creation so much that instead of finding forgiveness for what is essentially my fault to begin with, I will send my son down who has done nothing wrong to be tortured to death on a wooden cross!!! Yep, that'll fix it!!!

Out of all of the roundabout ill conceived ideas imaginable, this one is up there. Out of all the ways that could be viewed as intelligent and kind, this isn't one of them. If we were talking about any other being, they would surely be considered dangerously insane. Yet, once again, concession is given to God. It also doesn't do to say we just don't understand. There is no other way to view this option without being brainwashed into accepting such a cruel act is loving, apart from completely insane (leaving out the most obvious option ie. it is simply a myth, didn't happen, non existent) .

Wanting them to believe in me so much, I also feel that instead of showing up definitively and giving people a good reason to believe, I will make sure not only that there is no genuine historical record of such a cock and bull story, I will pass my "wisdom" through unknown sources and make sure it conflicts not only with itself but with general knowledge so much that it will be obvious it couldn't have happened.So that any rational person will have doubts, then if they use the common sense I gave them and don't believe I will cast them out and make them suffer forever......because I am so full of love and mercy...

edit on 19-10-2011 by Cogito, Ergo Sum because: for the heck of it

You are making a lot of assumptions about what God must be thinking in order for the stories to exist.

How do you know that God didn't plan on making us imperfect? Perhaps the idea of making us 'in his image' is something different, ie, we have God in us, but we are also something separate from God? Or, perhaps we are not inherently sinful, but God created us with choices, free will, and we choose the wrong paths when we do things that are 'wrong.' I am not saying this is true, but merely presenting options. Also, as for God not showing up definitively and giving people a reason to believe, perhaps God does not want to be easily believed. Perhaps he wants us to question and doubt and wonder and then have faith, which is entirely different from believing something because you saw it. It is precisely believing in something that you cannot prove rationally. Perhaps that is what God wants from us, to freely choose to accept him into our lives and follow his teachings.

But for Jesus dying on the cross... personally haven't worked that one out. Maybe it was a metaphor/reality of God suffering for us because he is loyal always to us. Maybe Jesus was just a martyr and things got blown out of proportion by people who thought he was God. What seems more important to me is what Jesus taught us - people croon about how Jesus died for us on the cross to save us, but what Jesus preached to us before he died seem to be the saving and liberating things, things like love your neighbor as yourself and help the poor and love your enemies and foreigners. So yeah, I haven't worked out the dying on the cross thing myself.

I really don't want to sound like the stereotypical "Jesus freak". I am not, but I do want to point out that you are making assumptions about how God thinks, but we can't really understand that. We can guess, and sometimes our guesses make God seem unreasonable, but sometimes it could be us who are unreasonable.... I don't know... I suppose we will all figure out someday whether or not it's actually true.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Hi all this is my first thread,so if in the wrong section please move mods,

This is a summary of my unanswered questions to all followers of christianity,

May I try?

You do not. You have a life and your life is the WORD of God. If you are hungry, I will help feed you. If you are thirsty, I will give you water. If you are sick I will look for the cure. If you are imprisoned, I will seek your liberation.

Such is how children of God see each other.

To get us off the obsession of killing each other and get on with learning how to heal each other.

So that we will investigate how to be better builders and to be a reminder of the equality of life. When these things strike, they strike the high and the low, good and the evil, rich and the poor, with equal ferocity.

There should be no shame in anything you do in a Brothers eyes. There is nothing you can tell me about yourself that would change my feelings for you. If you need help up, do not be afraid to ask. If we cannot be this forgiving with each other, we will never be able to build a society based on co-operation. We do not get along because we are too busy judging each other.

Let the drama begin!

We are all God's children. Jesus was the perfect example of love which we all have within us. He showed the way, but so few are willing to walk it. Instead they are marveled that he was able to.

Because he became an IDOL he was crucified.

He died for THAT Sin.

And people refuse to take him off the cross by continuing to idolise him.

The moral of the story is that we are all equally loved by God and thus should love each other equally.

Anything else?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 19-10-2011 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

reading this thread has provided me with one of only a few lol's from the internet.

all of these christians sound INSANE.

god made jesus suffers for our sins because he is jesus and tortured himself so we wouldnt have to be blah blah blah

god makes people severely mentally or physically handicapped to the point that they dont even understand religion because he wants to challenge them blah blah blah

what a cult. ya bunch of morons. stop being afraid of the world and start enjoying it for what it actually is.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join