It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open questions to all worshippers of the christian faith

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Hi all this is my first thread,so if in the wrong section please move mods,

This is a summary of my unanswered questions to all followers of christianity,

If god is everywhere,then why do you have to go to church to speak with god?

If god created everyone equal,then why are people born with horrific disfigurations,disabilities and other life changing illness and disease?

If natural disasters are truly an "act of god",then why does god carry out these acts?

If christianity is based on forgiveness,then why go to confession or try to be good in life if all thats required upon arrival at the pearly gates is a simple sorry?

If jesus was the true son of god,then why did god allow him to suffer,if you were a parent how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be cnsidered evil?

Let the drama begin!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Very good questions, I too want
to know the answers.

This one as well - if children under the age of 12 are
innocent and have no sin, why does God allow them
to suffer?
edit on 18-10-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ScottishBiker420

I believe this is a religious question and not a Christianity question. Some RELIGIONS say you must be somewhere to talk to God. Christianity says we can talk to God anywhere at any time. In fact the bible tells us to pray without ceasing

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I, nor any Christian, can speak FOR God, but I can share my understanding and belief on the questions you pose.

Originally posted by ScottishBiker420

You don't have to go to church to speak with God. Church is a place to collectively worship, practice ritual and tradition associated with worship, and to learn by those more learned of ones faith.

If god created everyone equal,then why are people born with horrific disfigurations,disabilities and other life changing illness and disease?

I believe God creates all souls equal. The temples that house those souls can vary for any number of reasons. I think God lets some souls experience challenges and misfortunes in order for the individual or those around them grow.

If natural disasters are truly an "act of god",then why does god carry out these acts?

For the same reason the sun rise is an act of God. You seem to imply that things that aren't natural disasters are not by or designed by God. As far as timing, location or severity, I would give the same answer as for why some are born with disabilities.

If christianity is based on forgiveness,then why go to confession or try to be good in life if all thats required upon arrival at the pearly gates is a simple sorry?

Part of confessing is humility, and in some branches of Christianity, targeted atonement and spiritual growth. Not all Christians think you can just show up in heaven (or that is even where you go directly) and say sorry and get in.

If jesus was the true son of god,then why did god allow him to suffer,if you were a parent how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be cnsidered evil?

First, you have to recall that Jesus and God are one and the same. According to Christianity, Jesus' self sacrifice is required in order for mankind to be saved. God in human form, Jesus, made the sacrifice by choice.

edit on 18-10-2011 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

if, if, if
yep chrisitanity has a lot of if's...
not a lot of facts tho

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Im not christian, but i'd like to giver a go anyways... if you don't mind...

You don't...

1Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.

2Therefore when thou doest thine alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

3But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth:

4That thine alms may be in secret: and thy Father which seeth in secret himself shall reward thee openly

5And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are: for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

6But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

7But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.

I would say Karma is your best explanation...

Pistis Sophia

A "man who curses" will be given a body that is continually "troubled in heart." A "man who slanders" will be given an "oppressed" body. A thief will be given a "lame, crooked and blind body." A "proud" and "scornful" man will be given "a lame and ugly body" that "everyone continually despises." From this, we can see how this Earth, as well as hell, is a place of education through suffering.

No comment...

Simple misunderstanding of scripture...

That is not taught by anyone "important" within the bible...

God loved the world so much that he gave his son to show us the path... Even though he knew what would happen... Would you give your son to save the world...? Likely not, so imagine how much God loves you....

edit on 18-10-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

These remaining questions all seem related in subject-suffering. The bible says that death came to earth through one man- Adam- through his sin. It also states that sin was defeated by one man= Jesus.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Let the drama begin!

There's a book called the Bible. All of the answers to those questions are in there. Just like learning about anything else, start at the beginning and read it all the way through to the end. The only reason I'm not going to answer your questions is because it's obvious why you posted them.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Here's another, if accepting Jesus as your Lord and savoir is the ONLY way to heaven, what about people who never get this message (hear the word of God)? Like tribes in third world countries. What about all the people that were alive before Jesus was born? Did God change the entry rules?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Let the drama begin!

I feel that the devout will have no trouble with these questions. Whether the responses will make sense to the more critically minded is another thing. There is another equal mystery that I have pondered, how does Santa fit down every chimney? The same answer covers all your questions IMO.

Though I don't reject the notion of a divine intelligence. Just that to use the word intelligence when discussing the biblical God presents an oxymoron.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PosterNutbag

Romans 1:20
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are WITHOUT excuse:

This verse answers your question. God reveals Himself through His creation

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cogito, Ergo Sum

Though I don't reject the notion of a divine intelligence. Just that to use the word intelligence when discussing the biblical God presents an oxymoron.

I believe there are at least two biblical Gods within the bible... One is a lie...

One is real, and the one true God

Can you see the difference between the two?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

If God is everywhere,then why do you have to go to church to speak with God?

I don't. I usually have better dialogues with God elsewhere--the shower; on a walk, praying in my bed; in the forest; . . .

However, church can be a great place for group worship and fellowship--including encouragement and mutual accountability. The men I meet with on Sunday morning are growing closer and closer and encouraging one another in our faith as well as in our tasks in daily life as men.

If God created everyone equal,then why are people born with horrific disfigurations,disabilities and other life changing illness and disease?

I don't pretend to have all the answers. However, regarding suffering . . .

BTW, C.S. Lewis THE PROBLEM OF PAIN is quite instructive for those with open minds and a serious desire to know the truth.

1. It is impossible to have authentic Love relationships without a mostly free will choice/capacity to choose non-love.

2. Non-love has a consequence of suffering. Collective choices of non-love over the centuries can build up to a lot of suffering for individuals, regions, genetic lines, spiritual lines etc.

3. Someone has asserted that individuals meet with God in Heaven before being born and decide on their mixture of sufferings for the chance to grow spiritually through them. That's not a Biblical doctrine or assertion but there's nothing in Scripture that says it isn't true. IT is something I could imagine Almighty God setting up. If it is true, then we have a part in choosing our sufferings for a greater good.

4. It is certainly clear that suffering can make us bitter or better--spiritually and relationally.

5. Some of the most handicapped children and people have taught those around them the most profound spiritual truths and the most about loving and being loved.

6. Given the PRIORITY God places on LOVE, that's quite a gift.

If natural disasters are truly an "act of God",then why does God carry out these acts?

That's a somewhat absurd figure of speech.

There is certainly Biblical evidence of God sending quakes, fire, brimstone etc. IN RESPONSE to people's horrible immoralities, idolatries, greed, ruthlessness, corruption, rank evil of every kind, etc. And the END TIMES are prophesied to be the worst times the world has ever known or ever will know again. And it is the era when the accumulation of evil through the centuries will be dealt with by such disasters as well as by the literal, real Armageddon.

If Christianity is based on forgiveness,then why go to confession or try to be good in life if all thats required upon arrival at the pearly gates is a simple sorry?

That's an absurd, serious and silly fallacy. CONFESSION, REPENTANCE AND FORGIVENESS ARE FOR NOW--BEFORE DEATH. The Bible says that TODAY is the day of Salvation. Death marks a too-late point in time.

If jesus was the true son of God,then why did god allow him to suffer,if you were a parent how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be cnsidered evil?

There are mysteries about the INCARNATION.

However, Christ chose to offer HImself to fulfill the Father's will. Both parts were extreme acts of selfless Love and REDEMPTION, SALVATION for rebellious man.

I'm not about to tell Father God He made a goofy decision in something planned before the foundation of the world.

If you think you have a loftier perch from which to look down on God and

JUDGE HIM,

then have at it.

I just don't want to be standing near when you do.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

If God is everywhere, then why do you have to go to church to speak with God?

You don't need to go anywhere. God is only found where righteousness resides. He is far from the sinner. He encamps around the person who loves Him. He loves all of us, but will be far from those who do not love Him. Prayer is not a vending machine. Prayer is an acknowledgement of Gods sovereign will; a trust in him from faith, and a hope in the good that He accomplishes in and through us each day. God has open dialogue with those who knock from humility and faith. Faith leads to works, not the other way around.

If God created everyone equal,then why are people born with horrific disfigurations, disabilities and other life changing illness and disease?

The quality of the vehicle is not nearly as significant as the will to use consciousness for movement forward in life. I can think of hundreds of examples of perfectly healthy people that pail in comparison to outstanding individuals with disabilities. Life is not made by what we have but how we use what we have.

As for those disfigurements and disabilities: They are mainly caused by mankind's misuse of nature and our undermining of God's laws. Disrespect of authority and law leads to self-inflicted disease and toil. We were told this in the Garden when we had the choice to seek the fruit of knowledge by our own efforts in toil or by waiting on God. We made the choice of toil and hardship. We still make this choice today. We light the fire we burn by as Buddha says. Or, we are the light on the path for others. Choices make the difference.

If natural disasters are truly an "act of God",then why does God carry out these acts?

All of nature is the act of God. It is a finite sequence of events set in motion from infinity. Time can only be finite. There cannot be an infinite amount of finite things. There cannot be a finite amount of infinite things. Nature is transient and ever-changing. Again, it goes back to our choice for knowledge. God gave us the choice of walking with Him or walking alone in toil. We took the latter. We are here today by our choices in the garden we were given. It was a tropical paradise when we received it. We will leave it a wasteland of weeds. Again, these are our choices and not by the hand of God. All actions have reactions that correct.

Example: If you 'take' reward, you suffer. Smoke and you get cancer. If you 'give' (suffer) work, you get reward. Suffer an education and you get a job. Suffer a job and you get a paycheck. Either way, we suffer. We either work and suffer by giving, or we suffer as a result of taking. Wisdom avoids suffering. Example. 600 years ago in Japan, there were signs placed at locations all over the islands that marked where not to build because of Tsunamis. Wisdom says don't build. Greed builds anyway.

If Christianity is based on forgiveness, then why go to confession or try to be good in life if all thats required upon arrival at the pearly gates is a simple sorry?

As I stated above, if we take reward, a debt is created. Sin creates a debt that is either paid by action / reaction here in this life, or it is paid later in judgment. When we sin, a negative is created. We could work off the debt, but our actions extend to others. Eventually, our debt is too big for addition or subtraction to manage by works. Sin is a large negative. Christ suffered the cross for us. This is a work of suffering that was large enough to pay the sin debt for mankind. Instead of being added to us, it is multiplied. When two negatives are multiplied, a positive is created.

Consider this example: In mathematics, if you owe three people $10, then you are negative $30 (3 X -10 = $-30). If the lenders then say, "We forgive you for this debt because we love you," then you are free from that debt by another negative. You have just had three subtractions of -10, making you three positives of $10 (-3 X -$10). Your debt is -30 + 30 = Zero. Jesus died a horrible death to pay our debt, walking us back to a positive value. Read my full article on this topic.

If Jesus was the true Son of God, then why did God allow Him to suffer? If you were a parent, how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be considered evil?

God is all three in the Trinity. God is one person. In our reality, He is three. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We are also these three in Him. We are all His sons and daughters from the projection of reality in the image of creation.

More on this in my next post. I am out of characters.
edit on 18-10-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BO XIAN

If God is everywhere,then why do you have to go to church to speak with God?

I don't. I usually have better dialogues with God elsewhere--the shower; on a walk, praying in my bed; in the forest; . . .

However, church can be a great place for group worship and fellowship--including encouragement and mutual accountability. The men I meet with on Sunday morning are growing closer and closer and encouraging one another in our faith as well as in our tasks in daily life as men.

If God created everyone equal,then why are people born with horrific disfigurations,disabilities and other life changing illness and disease?

I don't pretend to have all the answers. However, regarding suffering . . .

BTW, C.S. Lewis THE PROBLEM OF PAIN is quite instructive for those with open minds and a serious desire to know the truth.

1. It is impossible to have authentic Love relationships without a mostly free will choice/capacity to choose non-love.

2. Non-love has a consequence of suffering. Collective choices of non-love over the centuries can build up to a lot of suffering for individuals, regions, genetic lines, spiritual lines etc.

3. Someone has asserted that individuals meet with God in Heaven before being born and decide on their mixture of sufferings for the chance to grow spiritually through them. That's not a Biblical doctrine or assertion but there's nothing in Scripture that says it isn't true. IT is something I could imagine Almighty God setting up. If it is true, then we have a part in choosing our sufferings for a greater good.

4. It is certainly clear that suffering can make us bitter or better--spiritually and relationally.

5. Some of the most handicapped children and people have taught those around them the most profound spiritual truths and the most about loving and being loved.

6. Given the PRIORITY God places on LOVE, that's quite a gift.

That's a somewhat absurd figure of speech.

There is certainly Biblical evidence of God sending quakes, fire, brimstone etc. IN RESPONSE to people's horrible immoralities, idolatries, greed, ruthlessness, corruption, rank evil of every kind, etc. And the END TIMES are prophesied to be the worst times the world has ever known or ever will know again. And it is the era when the accumulation of evil through the centuries will be dealt with by such disasters as well as by the literal, real Armageddon.

If Christianity is based on forgiveness,then why go to confession or try to be good in life if all thats required upon arrival at the pearly gates is a simple sorry?

That's an absurd, serious and silly fallacy. CONFESSION, REPENTANCE AND FORGIVENESS ARE FOR NOW--BEFORE DEATH. The Bible says that TODAY is the day of Salvation. Death marks a too-late point in time.

If jesus was the true son of God,then why did god allow him to suffer,if you were a parent how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be cnsidered evil?

There are mysteries about the INCARNATION.

However, Christ chose to offer HImself to fulfill the Father's will. Both parts were extreme acts of selfless Love and REDEMPTION, SALVATION for rebellious man.

I'm not about to tell Father God He made a goofy decision in something planned before the foundation of the world.

If you think you have a loftier perch from which to look down on God and

JUDGE HIM,

then have at it.

I just don't want to be standing near when you do.

Hmm very strange,how christian??....so basically do as the lord says or be struck down...how peaceful

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Q) If god is everywhere,then why do you have to go to church to speak with god?

A) You do not. Church is a gathering to disseminate information, participate in "group" worship, and general education of doctrine / lessons. Also, ask questions!

There are good and bad churches. Some are a cult of personality to enrich the "preacher" with little care for god. This type of church and some with insane doctrines have caused a great "falling out" recently.

Q) If god created everyone equal,then why are people born with horrific disfigurations,disabilities and other life changing illness and disease?

A) Ever play computer games? Do you mourn when your avatar dies? This physical reality as you know it is a learning experience. The Watchers did a number on this reality as they did not care about god's creation. They did not understand pain and suffering, thus they were bad caretakers. Only through this physical life's lessons can you ever understand what it is like to be helpless, feel pain, and understand how your actions have consequence to the creatures and people around you. How can you understand mercy, pity if you do not understand pain, fear, and not knowing? It may take some people many lifetimes to get this, maybe one. Maybe you only have one chance, or this is your last chance. The lesson: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Treat others as you would want to be treated. This game is not fair, was never intended to be as how would you learn a damn thing if you lived forever and never experienced these things.

Same as above. This physical reality has the purpose of teaching your spirit the lessons needed. Your in Basic Training.... Don't flunk out or you may have to retake it or get booted. Natural disasters, accidents, diseases, whatever are all part of the game. The purpose of the game is to understand the life of a mortal and to learn what it feels like on this side of the ant hill. There is no malice, this is the school and the test.

Q) If christianity is based on forgiveness,then why go to confession or try to be good in life if all thats required upon arrival at the pearly gates is a simple sorry?

A) This is a Catholic thing. The Catholics have adapted many strange doctrines related to dependency on "them". Most of us do not believe a priest can forgive anything. You confess to God.

Q) If jesus was the true son of god,then why did god allow him to suffer,if you were a parent how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be cnsidered evil?

A) Likewise, How would Jesus and God know what it was like to be a human if they had not lived as one? Living as a human, not knowing, fearing death, knowing pain, pleasure, love, etc. You really cannot understand the life of a human or any physical creature unless you live as one.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

If Jesus was the true Son of God, then why did God allow Him to suffer? If you were a parent, how can sitting by and watching that happen to your own flesh and blood not be considered evil?

God is all three in the Trinity. God is one person. In our reality, He is three. Father, Son and Holy Spirit. We are also these three in Him. We are all His sons and daughters from the projection of reality in the image of creation.

In Genesis, we find the four components of reality in physics.

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

In John 1, we see that a wave (Word) created reality. The Word is the LOGOS. The LOGOS is Jesus. The Son of God created reality with God. God is light.

John 1

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

The Son is the wave of creation. Light is both a particle and a wave. Your body is matter that is both particle and wave. This still does not complete you. You are also a Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the last of the Trinity of the one God. This is consciousness. All life is made from the projection of God into reality through the Trinity. We are matter (Body, both particle and wave) and we are consciousness (Spirit).

The Son of God is God Himself in the flesh. The sacrifice was made for us by God Himself in the form of the image He created.

The Physics of God Atricle

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperiorEd

In Genesis, we find the four components of reality in physics.

Genesis 1:1
In the Beginning (Time), God created the heavens (Space) and the earth (Matter). Let there be light (Energy).

In John 1, we see that a wave (Word) created reality. The Word is the LOGOS. The LOGOS is Jesus. The Son of God created reality with God. God is light.

John 1

The Word Became Flesh

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

The Son is the wave of creation. Light is both a particle and a wave. Your body is matter that is both particle and wave. This still does not complete you. You are also a Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is the last of the Trinity of the one God. This is consciousness. All life is made from the projection of God into reality through the Trinity. We are matter (Body, both particle and wave) and we are consciousness (Spirit).

The Son of God is God Himself in the flesh. The sacrifice was made for us by God Himself in the form of the image He created.

The Physics of God Atricle

So if god is revealing himself throgh the creation and whatnot,what about when someone evil is created,for exampl did god reveal himself through hitler/other evil dictators....does that therefore mean god is evil???

I'd like to state that for the record this thread is not an attack on christianity,there is jus too many contradictions and what if's for me IMO

link   
If you've asked these questions in sincerity, why do you mock the ones who answer? Obviously like you said in your original post, you wanted to be entertained by the drama which only you are creating. I can tell you this, my friend; many of us will be praying for you...

link   

Hmm very strange,how christian??....so basically do as the lord says or be struck down...how peaceful

Now you got it!! Do you not know that Almighty God created everything for HIS GLORY?? I do not understand where people have gotten this image of a god that is all forgiving and no judgement, all loving and no righteousness- that is not God almighty creator of all things, it is an idol.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join