It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Half of New Yorkers Believe Government Consciously Let 9/11 Happen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
(Utica, NY) - On the eve of the Republican National Convention, half (50%) of New York City residents and two in four (41%) of New York citizens overall say that some US leaders "knew in advance that attacks were planned on or around September 11, 2001, and that they consciously failed to act," according to the poll conducted by Zogby International. The poll of New York residents was conducted from Tuesday August 24 through Thursday August 26, 2004. Overall results have a margin of sampling error of +/-3.5.

The poll is the first of its kind conducted in America that surveys attitudes regarding US government complicity in the 9/11 tragedy. Despite the acute legal and political implications of this accusation, nearly 30% of registered Republicans and over 38% of those who described themselves as "very conservative" supported the claim.

www.911truth.org...

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Well, I'm a New Yorker, and I can say that the majority of people I speak to would seem to fall in line with this poll.

If the government won't tell us the truth about 9/11, I guess the great City of New York will have to find it on its own. And we can.

-koji K.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by koji_K]

[edit on 30-8-2004 by koji_K]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
gee.. that poll wouldn't be biased at all would it?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by echoRanger
gee.. that poll wouldn't be biased at all would it?

Not at all. Zogby is a reputable MRA/CASRO firm adhering to open observable standards and outside validation just like any good polling firm quoted in the news. And that 3.5 MOE is damn impressive. I defy anyone to do better without spending serious money.

Zogby International conducted interviews of 808 adults chosen at random in New York State. All calls were made from Zogby International headquarters in Utica, N.Y., from 8/24/04 through 8/26/04. The margin of error is +/- 3.5 percentage points. Slight weights were added to region, party, age, race, religion, and gender to more accurately reflect the population. Margins of error are higher in sub-groups.

The site quoting Zogby may be biased though. They could have also said 50% of New Yorkers think Bush is honest. Same difference.

[edit on 30-8-2004 by RANT]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
That would mean that the Clinton Government was duplicit with the terrorist. Are you sure that you want to say that? I realize that most of you are Democratic, but come on guys. I don't want say looney tunes, but let's get real.
I don't want to accuse Clinton of allowing Terrorist to foster a plan and then let them carry it out just to get at Bush.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
That would mean that the Clinton Government was duplicit with the terrorist. Are you sure that you want to say that? I realize that most of you are Democratic, but come on guys. I don't want say looney tunes, but let's get real.
I don't want to accuse Clinton of allowing Terrorist to foster a plan and then let them carry it out just to get at Bush.

Why would what people believe be against anyone? It's a poll. It proves nothing except some people think our government is complicit.

How does that hurt an ex President that wasn't in charge on 9/11 not even running for re-election?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
(Utica, NY) - On the eve of the Republican National Convention, half (50%) of New York City residents and two in four (41%) of New York citizens overall say that some US leaders "knew in advance that attacks were planned on or around September 11, 2001, and that they consciously failed to act," according to the poll conducted by Zogby International.

New Yorkers aren't stupid. And Zogby's about the best polling info. you're gonna get.

Bush should've done a lot more to help NYC out after the attacks. It might've helped his image w/them. Instead he made a lot of $$ promises and broke them.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Bush should've done a lot more to help NYC out after the attacks. It might've helped his image w/them. Instead he made a lot of $$ promises and broke them.

Not only that, I noticed that not one aide plan was offered by the Bush Administration to airline workers who lost their jobs right after 9/11. Now that's sad.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Remember those firehouses that had to close, also? That's sure treating 'em like heroes, ain't it?

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Remember those firehouses that had to close, also? That's sure treating 'em like heroes, ain't it?

I agree. You know there are so many things Bush promised but never did after 9/11. All he ever actually did was brag on continuing to fight terrorism in other countries. Here's a good website about how he misleads the public.

www.misleader.org...

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
It is something about 9/11 horrible tragedy that does not add, for some reason bush may be a lot of things but unless he is playing stupid for a reason, the one pulling the strings in this administration is Cheney, call me paranoid but every time I look a Cheney I get this feeling of mafia type and secret strikes, secret dealings and money lots of money at any cost or any cause, not consequences.

Maybe is time to follow the Cheney trail of secretiveness and perhaps we may find some answer not only about 9/11 but the real reason of the hasty invasion in Iraq.

Now you got it I am losing my mind.

I got ATS conspiracy virus.

Thanks mrmulder,
for the link

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
YOU GUYS FORGOT ABOUT ONE IMPORTANT THING....NYC and NY in general is a BLUE (Democrat) state....no sh*t are they going to say anything that will hurt this govt...Ive lived in NYC my entire life...surrounded by hippies and liberals...

new topics

top topics

join