It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Muslim Americans who support terrorist activity and extreme acts of violence living among us

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
people-press.org...

Information gathered from people-press.org
The 2011 Muslim American Survey is based on telephone interviews conducted April 14-July 22, 2011 with 1,033 Muslims in the U.S. Interviews were conducted in English, Arabic, Farsi and Urdu. The survey was conducted by landline telephones and cell phones, using a nationally representative random sample combining interviews from three sampling sources. (1) About a third (35%) of the interviews (358) were obtained from a geographically stratified random-digit-dial (RDD) sample of the general public, which entailed screening 41,689 households. (2) An additional 501 came from a commercial database of 113 million households, of which more than 600,000 included people with likely Muslim first names or surnames who also had a telephone number; Muslim households from this database were excluded from the geographically-stratified RDD sample but were included in a separate stratum as part of the general public RDD sample. (3) An additional 174 interviews were obtained by recontacting English-speaking Muslim households on landlines and cell phones from previous nationwide surveys conducted since 2007. The results of all three sampling sources were combined and statistically adjusted to the demographic parameters of the Muslim population, as estimated by the results of the interviews from the geographically-stratified RDD and listed sample (excluding the recontact interviews). The
margin of sampling error for results based on the full sample is plus or minus 5 percentage points. Details about the study’s sample design and the overall methodological approach are contained in the chapter on survey methodology. The study’s design was nearly identical to that used in the 2007 survey of Muslim Americans.

Muslim Americans are a heavily immigrant population. Of those age 18 and older, more than six-in-ten (63%) were born abroad, and many are relative newcomers to the United States: Fully one-quarter of all U.S. Muslimadults (25%) have arrived in this country since2000. A significant minority (21%) of Muslim Americans say there is a great deal (6%) or a fair amount (15%) of support for extremism in the Muslim American community.
As in 2007, very few Muslim Americans – just 1% – say that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian targets are often justified to defend Islam from its enemies; an additional 7% say suicide bombings are sometimes justified in these circumstances.When asked to choose, nearly half of Muslimsin the U.S. (49%) say they think of themselves first as a Muslim, while 26% see themselves first as an American; 18% volunteer that they are both. In a 2011 survey by the Pew Global Attitudes Project, 46% of Christians in the U.S.say they identify as Christian first while the same number identify as American first.

Based on data from the survey, in combination with U.S. Census data, Pew Research Center demographers estimate that there are about 1.8 million Muslim adults and 2.75 million Muslims of all ages (including children under 18) living in the United States in 2011. This represents an increase of roughly 300,000 adults and 100,000 Muslim children since 2007, when Pew Research demographers used similar methods to calculate that there were about 1.5 million Muslim adults (and 2.35 million Muslims of all ages) in the U.S.

So, if there are approximately 1.5 Million Muslim Adults in the U.S... and according to this survey there is a "fair amount" of support for extremism (in regards to suicide bombings specifically) 21% to be exact... that calculates to 315,000 Muslim American Extremists who believe that suicide bombing and other forms of violence against civilian tagets are often justified to defend Islam from it's enemies. UNBELIEVABLE! I have for quite some time wondered if we have the military presence inside of the U.S. to confront the issue of an organized uprising and outright attack by Muslim Extremist against civilians. I even had an interesting conversation some years ago with an employee of the Department of Homeland Security about the fact that we have so many of our active military spread out in other countries. As a single mother I was fearful of the possibility of something happening inside our borders and whether we as civilians would have the military presence we needed left here in America to handle such a situation. What made me NOT feel safe was the puzzled look on his face, and outright admission this was something that had never occurred to him to even think about! Also, he was not convinced that we could handle something like that, although at that time we were discussing the entire number of Muslim Americans (2.5 million) which of course would not all participate in such an event, as not all Muslim Americans support extremism or any type of terrorism whatsoever. Just found this interesting and was curious as to what other ATS members thought about the subject and hope to gather even more views and information on the subject by starting the thread. AND by the way ...this is my 1st thread so I sincerely hope I did this right and placed it in the correct forum! Be gentle, please...
edit on 18-10-2011 by Ahabstar because: Fixed bb code for link

edit on 10/18/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/18/2011 by tothetenthpower because: --mod edit--Title

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Man I'm seriously frustrated, due to the fact that something happened to my thread title, and there is no way to edit!!!!! It should read :Could Muslim Americans who support terrorist activity and extreme acts of violence living among us pose more of a threat than we realize

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

No, Terrorist cells are set-up by the CIA. IF that survey was done on the general population then you're safe.

If, however, that same survey was done on CIA and all of it's field operatives...well, you know.

edit on 18-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

I wasn't thinking so much about "terrorist cells" as much as a general civil uprising sort of scenario... what sparked my thinking about this again were the recent threads regarding the US/Israel/Iran troubles going on. I mean the influx of Muslims to American since 2007 being 300,000 seems like a lot. What better way to really attact America on our on soil in retaliation to the current events going on between us and the Middle East, than to have that many Muslims here supporting terrorist acts all at once join together.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
There are Christian Americans, born American, with lots of guns, that are extremely militant believers in violence, some of whom claim affiliation with a certain political party that ruled Germany during WWII, Identifying with racist and other hate groups, all living in America right now with their own agendas, and plans for violence to usher in their own breed of whatever it is they consider right and proper.
Some of these will wear red, black, and white armbands, while others will wear a big while sheet and large white dunce cap mask.

There are militant Christians that will shoot doctors and bomb medical buildings because said doctors and clinics perform abortions.

There are people that will tank up on beer and other alcohol and drive around on the roads and freeways uncaring about the risk they pose in hazarding the possibility of causing an accident that could cost the lives of children and families.

I think there's more than enough danger in America without having to go all Chicken Little because there just might be some Muslims that are unhappy about some things in the U.S.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
actually, muslims are the victims (in the millions upon millions)

and CIA and Americans collectively are biggest terror cell in the whole world.

of course, the existence of this very topic is proof in and of itself of the level of warped rolse reversal American governemt playing 'victim' and the media has accomplished.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Of choarse not. Everyone knows every single Muslim in the entire world!

They always say so, so you're safe. I trust the person who blames everything on the CIA, because I've never once heard an angry Muslim or seen groups arrested before carrying out an attack in a western world - and before anyone starts on x/y/z - the title is Muslim American, not Zoroastrian American - because they're all just paid operatives. Anyone who says so is 100% correct, because to think otherwise is utter insanity in this blatantly wonderful and war-free world we live in.

Never trust a .. man. Especially one talking about .. stuff and things. Even more-so if he's on the telly.

Because unless he's saying the exact opposite of what you think he's saying, then he's lying and you're completely safe.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I don't know about violent Muslim Terriors...

But I am damn sure about crazy, violent Christian Terriors:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stratus9

You should see the westboro guys in England, and France, and the ones .. oh wait, those nutcases seem limited to a handful of inbred morons in the USA.

I love your tenacity however!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
didnt African Americans go through a similar type of animosity and black-listing and fear-mongering in USA?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ignant

I'm not talking about racism, and I don't really want to. I am only bringing up a subject that is relevant to this current time and the events we are part of right now.. not in the history of America or other subjects we've obviously moved forward from... as I hope an African American president would prove. What I'm interested in is the fact that 21% of Muslim Americans have admittedly said they support terrorist acts and specifically suicide bombings as justifiably acceptable in order to protect the religion of Islam against it's enemies, who we know from their open expression of their beliefs to be US Americans. It is something to take note of that we have people living in a country that they consider their enemy, who are willing to die for their belief in Islam, a religion that rewards it's believers for the murder of those who do not believe or convert to their beliefs. I find it interesting and am alarmed at the findings of this survey...that's all.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

Sorry but your timing is hilarious. Do you really think this to be the case?

Here's something for your consideration: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please don't buy into this xenophobic attitude, Muslims are no different than us, we all are one.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by sir_slide

Right, that's why it says...21%... that would leave the majority of the Muslim Americans NOT sympathetic to terrorism or extremism.. the problem is there are 1.5 million Muslim Americans in the U.S... so 21% of that amount of people is quite a lot of extremist here among us.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
What you have here is quite a bit of numbers and no real back up. There are WAY to many different types of people that live amongst us, and there is no real way to know who and what they stand for.

We already live in fear, and there is no way to get around that. There is no real way that we can be anymore scared of Muslims then the U.S already is.

If and lets say IF this was a way to open up the minds of those that never had this thought, we would be just ONE step ahead from restarting the Spanish inquisition!

NRE.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I posted the results of the survey, and survey's general require numbers to publish any findings, in order to prove I wasn't just pulling this information out of the air. A survey usually and in this case definitely means the folks being surveyed are "asked" what's going on in their minds..and these folks said what was on their minds so it's not like somebody just "guessed" what they believed. I agree there are a lot of things to be scared of and rightfully so, just like what's included in this thread.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant

didnt African Americans go through a similar type of animosity and black-listing and fear-mongering in USA?

Yes they did. I am old enough to remember the civil rights era and TPTB did everything they could to make them look like violent devils. But when the white bigots (who had been saying "It's not about race!!!") started killing little girls in churches and murdering the freedom riders- it became obvious who the 'devils' were.

I see the same attitude toward Muslims today - and the same responses.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignant
actually, muslims are the victims (in the millions upon millions)

and CIA and Americans collectively are biggest terror cell in the whole world.

of course, the existence of this very topic is proof in and of itself of the level of warped rolse reversal American governemt playing 'victim' and the media has accomplished.

The existence of your post is proof that a lot of ATS posters have no clue about the real world and loved to blame all the worlds problems on the CIA specifically and America in general.

Because no other country on this planet has ever, ever done anything bad.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shell69
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

I posted the results of the survey, and survey's general require numbers to publish any findings, in order to prove I wasn't just pulling this information out of the air. A survey usually and in this case definitely means the folks being surveyed are "asked" what's going on in their minds..and these folks said what was on their minds so it's not like somebody just "guessed" what they believed. I agree there are a lot of things to be scared of and rightfully so, just like what's included in this thread.

So what is your solution? Round up all the Muslim Americans and put them in camps where they can be watched and monitored? Didn't they try that with the Jews in Germany?
Do you know how many white and black native born Americans also are Muslims? What do we do with them?

Your thread is just transparent hate mongering.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yes... to answer your question.

In time another major terrorist attack will happen be it USA or UK but it will happen and it will be something big and organized. From these muslim extremists that hide in our current society

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Yes... to answer your question.

In time another major terrorist attack will happen be it USA or UK but it will happen and it will be something big and organized. From these muslim extremists that hide in our current society

top topics

<<   2 >>

join