It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas frees Israel's Gilad Shalit in prisoner swap

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Who had it before the Jews got there way back when? how far you wanna go back?

Edit;

Also you say that the western man owes the Jews. Can you please with your great mind tell me why me and my kid should be owing the Jews. Thanks.
edit on 19-10-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

An extinct people.

Anthropologists qualify a people by three criteria: Religion, History, and Language. The Jews meet all 3 criteria.

Are there Canaanites today? No. Arabs - Arav in the Hebrew bible, are from the Arab peninsula; not Canaan. They arrived in the area only following the Arab invasions at the end of the 7th century, which saw Omar erect the Dome of the Rock over the site of the former holy temple.

What needs to be understood is that the site is whats important. The temple built upon is made holy by virtue of eing built on that spot; where the dome currently stands.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

An extinct people.

Anthropologists qualify a people by three criteria: Religion, History, and Language. The Jews meet all 3 criteria.

Are there Canaanites today? No. Arabs - Arav in the Hebrew bible, are from the Arab peninsula; not Canaan. They arrived in the area only following the Arab invasions at the end of the 7th century, which saw Omar erect the Dome of the Rock over the site of the former holy temple.

What needs to be understood is that the site is whats important. The temple built upon is made holy by virtue of eing built on that spot; where the dome currently stands.

Well its good that the Jews wiped them out when they got there so noone will come back years later trying to reclaim it. You religious nuts really make me laugh. Anyways added another question on my previous post.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Havent we been over this Mayabong? Youre into eastern spirituality if i remember correctly.

Judaism and Western religion in general tends to have a more pronounced exoteric/esoteric dimension, whereas the east is more esoteric.

I am not a "religious nut", and so please do not group me in with an ignorant evangelical who wouldnt recognize metaphysics if it smacked him in the face.

My religious philosophy is based on a metaphysical comprehension of the Torah-Prophets-Writings, that is, on the Kabbalah.

Islam, aswell is couched in an esoteric dimension: Sufism. Sufism, along with Gnosticism (Christianities esoteric dimension) both understand the metaphysical doctrine; and they understand the particular 'demiurgic', if you will, influence of the Temple Mount.

The fight is much less fictionalized and stupefied as you imagine it is; and that perception is fueled by the media, and western culture in general, which rages against traditional patriarchial religion.

Atleast have the sense to understand that the men fighting on a political level today are really fighting at a metaphysical level; whats understood is the mystical significance, in relation to consciousness and the fabric of reality. The fight for Jerusalem is the fight for the world itself.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
The thing with Shalit is that he won't be coming back as the same person. He is going to have serious mental issues from being in captivity for so long, and God only knows how he was treated there.

I can't say the arabs in custody were being treated any better, but Shalit has been a hot button for years and the people are relieved he is actually coming back, I don't think they care about the price - until the blowback hits them, and another Israeli is captured to become the new Shalit.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

Let me give you some hints......

1. Gilad Shalit: Well educated from a middle class Israeli secular family, completed high school and 1 year in military service. Upon his kidnapping he suffered some injuries, his 2 comrades were murdered by Gilad's kidnappers. Gilad was treated poorly throughout the first year of his captivity and later became liked by Hamas. Gilad survived with no human contact throughout the day, was given radio & TV and afew games (board games, cards etc). Gilad was only allowed to write afew letters to his family, had zero contact with Red Cross, was not allowed a phone. Gilad was never allowed sunlight in the 5 years and 4 months he spent in his bunker. There are no other details yet. Let me make a point of saying NOT once did Red Cross or Ammesty International press for a meeting with Gilad.

2. Palestinian Terrorists/Prisoners: Among them are a batch of both well educated and uneducated. In Israeli prisons they had full contact with Red Cross and many of them were allowed family visits on weekends and some days. Were fed 3 square meals a day although they had full access to the prison canteens where they could purchase extras. All had access to showers, radio & TV, some (even hardcore prisoners) were allowed cell phones while others had access to public phone. All are given at least 2 hours of sunlight per day although those with moderate and minimal security could walk around freely in small numbers but were locked up at nights no different to any Western prison. Most have access to prison libraries and an education although few took up the challenge. Those who are treated with less luxuries or none at all are the troublesome ones however they had all the basic neccessities.

Not one single Palestinian prisoner upon release appeared to have any injuries, looked VERY well fed and many suntanned. None appeared frail, gaunt and malnourished.

Gilad Shalit appeared frail, pale as a ghost, very thin and malnourished, had breathing problems (could be asthma) as if he walked out of a Nazi Concentration Camp. Yes he will have some psychological issues but mentally he appears in better shape than I expected.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Gilad Shalit appeared frail, pale as a ghost, very thin and malnourished, had breathing problems (could be asthma) as if he walked out of a Nazi Concentration Camp.

He did walk out of a concentration camp..

That's the best way to describe Gaza.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

Really? Show me one single photo of a starving Palestinian.....they are ALL fat and overweight!

NO Arab has ever died of starvation EVER, especially in Gaza!

Please do not make me link you to photos of their food markets, shopping centers and Gazans in general!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

NO Arab has ever died of starvation EVER, especially in Gaza!

Well that's BS for a start..

BTW, there's plenty of pictures of well fed prisoners in the concentration camps too..

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

when you hear this and see how the middle eastern countries like syria, iran etc treat their own people like animals and kill them. while israel is releasing 1000 Hamas prisoners with blood on their hands for just one israeli soldier. It really makes you think who are the more ethical and moral people.

you tell me in what country would you like to be a part of...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 18-10-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

so are you saying that there is a shiny halo over top of israel, where 5000 non-jewish inmates are eating steak and feeling good?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

As far as the eastern religion thing, I'm not a religious follower of anything. I do like how they know about the human body and energy points and keys to staying healthy. When they start following little blue men though I'm out of there.

When you say the fight for Jeruselem is the fight for the world, thats where you sound like a wacco. This is crazy religious talk that you spread as (fact?) lol. Also when you say western man owes the jews you also sound like a wacco there too. I don't owe the Jews anything (except maybe some interest somewhere. )
edit on 19-10-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Philippines

Let me give you some hints......

1. Gilad Shalit: Well educated from a middle class Israeli secular family, completed high school and 1 year in military service. Upon his kidnapping he suffered some injuries, his 2 comrades were murdered by Gilad's kidnappers. Gilad was treated poorly throughout the first year of his captivity and later became liked by Hamas. Gilad survived with no human contact throughout the day, was given radio & TV and afew games (board games, cards etc). Gilad was only allowed to write afew letters to his family, had zero contact with Red Cross, was not allowed a phone. Gilad was never allowed sunlight in the 5 years and 4 months he spent in his bunker. There are no other details yet. Let me make a point of saying NOT once did Red Cross or Ammesty International press for a meeting with Gilad.

2. Palestinian Terrorists/Prisoners: Among them are a batch of both well educated and uneducated. In Israeli prisons they had full contact with Red Cross and many of them were allowed family visits on weekends and some days. Were fed 3 square meals a day although they had full access to the prison canteens where they could purchase extras. All had access to showers, radio & TV, some (even hardcore prisoners) were allowed cell phones while others had access to public phone. All are given at least 2 hours of sunlight per day although those with moderate and minimal security could walk around freely in small numbers but were locked up at nights no different to any Western prison. Most have access to prison libraries and an education although few took up the challenge. Those who are treated with less luxuries or none at all are the troublesome ones however they had all the basic neccessities.

Not one single Palestinian prisoner upon release appeared to have any injuries, looked VERY well fed and many suntanned. None appeared frail, gaunt and malnourished.

Gilad Shalit appeared frail, pale as a ghost, very thin and malnourished, had breathing problems (could be asthma) as if he walked out of a Nazi Concentration Camp. Yes he will have some psychological issues but mentally he appears in better shape than I expected.

I like to question all angles, and thanks for the time and info you put into your post. I must admit I'm not up to research on Israeli detention facilities, but in my opinion the Israelis bear a semblance to the USA's methods of internment. Do the Israelis offer complete transparency of their detainment centers? (Just like Guantanamo?)

I think disinfo is everywhere and no one plays fair, but that's just my opinion. The world is upside down and all sides lie to get topics like this as a discussion tool to distract from another serious (perhaps longer term) purpose.

Just my opinion =)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I don't think they should have let him go.

Remember that these people today that call themselves jews at NOT jews, they are the synagogue of satan.

Revelation 2:9
John 8:44

Over 90% of them are Khazars are not semitic and have NO historical tie to the land today called Israel. These people converted to judaism on the whim of their tyrannical king and judaic law does not allow conversion to Judaism.

These people are occupiers and coveters just like the Bible says.

These so called jews murder tens of thousands of Palestinians and you never near about it in the media...why...because these so called jews control OUR media.

edit on 19-10-2011 by SecondAmendmentUser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Reply to post by CountDrac

Egos and namecalling aside, the dehumanization effect is obviously working its magic as a lot of responses here indicate.
I can hear Carlin in my head, something about bombing brown people. Oh wait he's dead, guess I'm crazy.
What surprised me most is how the IDF soldier said he was treated humanely. Another is how the soldier sounds enlightened and wanting peace even more, even after being held captive for so long. Wonder how many come out of guantanamo feel all lovey dovey. If Giliad keeps sounding so, human, I don't think we'll be hearing about him much more.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So does Israle move forward with the purported attack on Iran this week now that they have thier soldier back?

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Learn History. Western man - the Catholic Church, Protestantism, Islam, owes quite alot. I say "western man" because its been western man, and his religious institutions responsible for what has been done.

You know what western man owes the Jews? Nothing much. Just their land. The land western man has stolen from him. The Catholic Church should renounce all claim to the land of Israel; which of course they havent and will probably never do. Same thing with Islam.

This is what i mean by "Western man".

And again, as for 'sounding like a religious wacco". Its quite usual for ignoramuses to be confused by metaphysics (do you know what that word means? Or "ontology"?) and decry it - thanks to secular propaganda - as "wacco". Im sure many things would appear wacco to you if you knew how things really worked.

And yet, ironically, you acknowledge 'energy points' which could be as much a figment of the imagination as what im describing.

The world is a hologram. The externalization and manifestation of a spiritual reality. It is nothing but a mirrior into another world. This means, physically, and geographically, the world corresponds to archetypal concepts (which has historically and allegorically been called 'angels') and in order to truly influence the nature of reality, man has to gain control of places of particular significance.

Have you heard of the idea that man is the physical microcosm of the universe - the macrocosm? Well, just as man - the microcosm - has an opening at the top of his head, the crown, from which his entire being originally comes forth (since you subscribe to Eastern occultism, you would probably admit that the highest chakra - the crown - as a real thing), so to is there a physical location on earth which corresponds to the 'crown' of the head. Or rather, the naval; since the earth itself recieves its vitality from without (as a child recieves its sustenance through the umbilical chord within the being of his mother). Jerusalem is this place.

Go ahead, and ignore it. But atleast understand this is the sole reason behind the Catholic Churches interest in Israel and Jerusalem. Same thing with Islam and why Omar built the octagon dome of the rock over the site of the historical Jewish Temples. And this is why Judaism hallowed the site. Even if you read the book of Samuel where this subject is discussed (allegorically, again; that is, a metaphysical idea is alluded to through the analogy of physicality, since as a principle of esotericism, the physical is merely the reflection of the spiritual), its called a "threshing floor", which also has the sense of threshold.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join