It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas frees Israel's Gilad Shalit in prisoner swap

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Hamas frees Israel's Gilad Shalit in prisoner swap

www.cnn.com

Palestinian inmates began leaving Israeli jails early Tuesday, setting in motion the historic swap that will trade more than 1,000 Palestinian prisoners for one captured Israeli soldier.
The Israeli public overwhelmingly supports the swap for Shalit, an Israeli army sergeant who was abducted in a raid in 2006, when he was 19 years old.

edit on 18-10-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline

edit on 10/18/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
when you hear this and see how the middle eastern countries like syria, iran etc treat their own people like animals and kill them. while israel is releasing 1000 Hamas prisoners with blood on their hands for just one israeli soldier. It really makes you think who are the more ethical and moral people.

you tell me in what country would you like to be a part of...

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think the terrorists are believing that they are getting a great deal while not really noticing the symbolic nature of this trade. Some can interpret this as 1 Israeli is worth 1,000 Arabs.

If some of the media is to believed, then US and Israel are on alert regarding this trade as they expect some significant reprisal.

We will have to wait and see.

Regards, Skellon.

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac

when you hear this and see how the middle eastern countries like syria, iran etc treat their own people like animals and kill them.

Thats right...just keep drinking the Rupert Murdoch Zionist koolade.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Well im not sure i would argue with that statement. Not because i believe it that arabs are not worth as much as israelis, but because of the way the Arab and muslim countries treat their own people.
It seems like the muslim countries dont think their citizens are worth much at all by the way their governments are killing them in the streets...

While israel thinks and treats there citizens like they are the most precious substance on earth. 1000 for 1 OMG...

I wish i was an israeli citizen.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

Hamas = Freedom Fighters

Zionist Regime = Terrorists.

what now...?

reply to post by Skellon

Then move there. I am sure they need some cannon fodder.

edit on 18-10-2011 by ALF88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Ya...heaven forbid you get captured right? I mean it would only take your government several years to negociate for your release.....right?

edit on 18-10-2011 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Whats stopping you from being an Israeli citizen? go ahead since you love them so much.
edit on 18-10-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by solarstorm

Solar are you ignorant or just oblivious to what’s going on in the world this past year?

Did you see the Egyptians revolt against a dictator who treated them like animals and eventually through him out of power?

Did you see the riots in Iran after ahmadinejad was reelected and the deaths and beating of Iranian students in the streets?

Are you following the deaths in Syria by the army against the people who are trying to overthrow another dictator?

Your answer is so pathetic it’s not even worth a comment. Read Al jazeera if you have a problem with fox. They are reporting very similar stories…

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The disparity evident in my mind is between one nation that arrests and detains thousands...
And another nation or nations that detain but one.
Now tell me which country treats its "population" better.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Well if my life is worth more then 1000 arabs? Your damn right i would rather be an Israeli then an Arab in the Middle East...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
IMHO, one Israeli soldier is worth 10,000 Hamas murderers.

The only problem is, I read just today that one of the leaders of Hamas said (paraphrasing,) "Now that we know kidnapping works, we need to start doing it more often."

If I was Mossad, I'd start supplying Hamas with triggers/fuses for their bombs, mortars, and rockets; but I wouldn't tell them that they'd been rigged to detonate prematurely. Win-Win.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

do you realize that this brutal dictator was buddy buddy with Israel all the way till the end?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Are you following the deaths in Syria by the army against the people who are trying to overthrow another dictator?

What you are hearing is what the zionist media is telling you...and you are drinking it like koolade....I have family that live in Syria...and you are being told something VERY different than what is going on. But don't listen to me...hang out with ur uncle Rupert...he loves feeding you his koolade.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

ya, but why should israel give a rats A S S about what the arabs do in their countries and how they treat there own people.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Dude you are so ignorant its a waste of my time. Here is a link to an article about syria in al jazeera today. Even the Arab League is warning the syrian president to stop.
Eat it..
Dracula out

english.aljazeera.net...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Dude you are so ignorant its a waist of my time. Here is a link to an article about syria in al jazeera today.
Eat it..
Dracula out

english.aljazeera.net...

Ok...I think you meant to say "waste" instead of waist...

so back on topic...

Al-Jazeera is a zionist reporting agency disguised as an "arabic" reporting agency....

Then again you may need further explanation considering you don't know the difference between "waste" and "waist".

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

While I value human life..... I have to wonder how many new people may die because some killers and terrorists will now be freed, possibly to continue the mayhem they had committed previously. Not that Palestinians don't have legitimate grievances, just that killing innocent civilians is rarely the answer to anything other than How To Stir Up Antagonistic Retaliation, Will the freed soldier feel any anguish or guilt if his freedom means others will die as a potentially direct cause/effect or action/reaction? If he was willing to sacrifice himself for his country if need be, as I imagine most soldiers at least contemplate if not truly believe in, then does the government accept the blame for any future deaths at the hands of any of the released prisoners? How many lives is one life worth? I don't know myself, I know his family will be relieved, his friends will be relieved, he will be relieved..... but I wonder at the cost for this one life. It may take a hindsight to see how this ends up, in the future, and see if it will be repeated again. I know similar exchanges have happened in the past but I don't know if there has been any link to the costs of those previous trades of prisoner for prisoners.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

lol are you a joke?

Also the Arab League who is warning the syrian president to stop is a Zionist plot?

Go post someplace else. Leave the conversation on my thread for adults...

And yes keep focusing on my typos because you have nothing smart or intelligent to say…

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   
After all the false flag crap that Israel has been caught doing through the years I have a hard time ever believing when they say a terror attack comes from Arabs. If there wasn't any "terrorist" attacks and everything was peaceful, Israel would have no excuse to expand their territory which is the ultimate goal anyways.

Genius's like Old Corp who are waiting for the rapture will turn a blind eye to everything Israel does. "Hamas killed Rachel Corrie"

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join