It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of a Psychotic?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Sooo, using that logic and a little of my own, do you not emotionally invest in your very own thoughts......

" I have never killed my teammate. Although the thought will enter my mind,"

If it applies to anything you make an emotional investment in, you kinda have to have an emotional investment in your own thoughts.......you might as well of just shot your team mate if you actually were thinking about it......its the same thing.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

I think this is very deep and you are defiantly a free thinker. Video games such as combat games are mind control tools. The games desensitize the players to a point they are almost in a zombie state. Our mind is like a computer and when we see graphic violent images it just burns the image to our minds. This will cause stress, depression, evil acts, or a full breakdown etc...

Im not sure i would say, categorically, that violent video games, like combat games, encourage complete desensitization.

But i think you make a good point about the nature of the unconscious and the fact that all imagery; especially imagery engaged in by consciousness, sits latently beneath consciousness. I used the example above to stress the importance of taking a video game seriously (that is, reasonably). On the contray; to separate videogame from reality; to kill a teammate "just because" it is a video game, is dangerous, because it impresses an image within your mind. The action itself - the joy of killing a teammate. THAT IS a real emotion, which, the conscious mind at the time doesnt take seriously.

When one is at the brink of emotional breakdown, what often happens is violent images - whether from a movie seen or a video game played, springs into consciousness. It is a very true phenomena. It is not the 'image' itself that is to be dealt with; but rather the energy, which always exerts its influence, especially at times of physical and mental weakness.

So, again, how would so many of the youth today who spent 4-8 hours a day playing combat games - how would they react in a real war-time situation? Further, what about those few who flippantly shoot their teammates in video-games? Do you think a psychologist would take that as a good sign or a bad sign? Under stressful conditions, an undisciplined mind breaks. Especially a mind that is fickle and easily persuaded by powerful and destructive emotions. A person who is 'flippant'; is merely manifesting the flip side of intellectual passivity. A weak mind that doesnt recognize dangers, will surely succumb to those dangers.

So, the images of modern media, horror, killing etc, those are in a way ticking time-bombs sitting within a consciousness used to amenable conditions. Remove those conditions, make life hard for such a person. It would be interesting to see what would happen.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

If it applies to anything you make an emotional investment in, you kinda have to have an emotional investment in your own thoughts.......you might as well of just shot your team mate if you actually were thinking about it......its the same thing.

Huh? Honestly, that made no sense whatsoever. The emotional investment in my thoughts? A passing thought which crosses through the mind isnt "emotionally invested".. Im only talking about it because i have a subtle mind which often wonders in introspection about the funniness of certain thoughts.

Its also not invested with any energy ie; emotion. The times where i do notice an energy, when a person goes in front of me when im trying to kill someone, and i end up killing him, or, where someone plummels me for 'giggles', then especially do i stick my reason between the emotion and restrain myself from acting rashly. Its actually a good exercize in disciplining the mind.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Its quite concerning that the OP appears to confuse a psychotic with psychopath. The two are not the same. Indeed the psychotic experience could be experienced by any single person given the right stressors - and its not always a negative experience - it can be illuminating and curious...even spiritually enlightening. Not everyone experiencing psychosis is a danger to those around them (although they can be).

The psychopath on the other hand is a completely different kettle of fish. This is regarded as being an incurable personality disorder...not all psychopaths will kill...but if they do, they don't react....in many cases their heart rate wouldn't even increase.

Personally I regard many of our world and commercial leaders as being psychopaths - caring not who or what they damage on their rise to the top - that's how they get there. They may not kill people, animals or land directly - but their decisions can effectively kill many more than the average mass murderer...and they sleep very well each night.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   

how old are you OP? seriously??? this is ridiculous. there is no correlation between you wanting to randomly shoot your teammate on a video game and what you would do in real life. in fact, the fact that you are shooting people in a game and almost bragging about it on a forum board...means you're probably a little nancy boy.

if you were, in fact, a "danger" or "crazy"...you would hold it in until you act4ed upon it. it's all good that you have these delusions that you're dangerous. i used to act like i was the karate kid when i was little...begging for imaginary blonde kids to try and beat me up so i could swan kick the crap outta them. you...are basically doing the same, though, i venture to say you're a lot older than i was when i stopped imagining wanting to hurt people.
edit on 10/18/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

"And that is totally irrational"

Isn't your irrational stance on video games and reality the reason for this thread?

"Im irritated if a teammate shoots me; "

This is extactly why i friendly fire because i know it irratates you.

" If its accidental, and usually the context in which it occurs can determine that, im fine"

i don't think you can determine that espically with your though patterns...

" He is very immature. He fails to appreciate the fact that not everyone appreciates his frivolity, and that for some, the game is supposed to serve its basic purpose of competition"

Its a video game, hes having fun. people who bring video games more then just fun , shouldn't be playing video games. As they miss the purpose of it.

"If teammates are just shooting each other, usually, at the point, i quit the game and turn off the concel. I dont want to play with morons"

Yes we call this rage quit =) Shoot them back ! have funny funny haha's with them . Most importantly just enjoy having fun . When you can't handle little squibbles like that you should be no where near video games, you should be in anger management .

There usually is a reason why one kid is picked on and shot at
because hes most tempormental
They want to get a rise and reaction out of him

"Amazing so few of you recognize a symbol in the action of killing your teammate"

Killing your team mate in real world , vs killing your teammate in a video where you know the differnce is

is..

RESPAWN .

You don't have respawn luxury in real life , you have it in video games. Heance why it can be so much easier without even thinking twice.

Now you do know the differnce between RESPAWN in video games and non existant in real life right?

if you don't put down the video game.

"It is the irrationality and pointlessness, and the depravity and perversity of the feeling of "#s and giggles" that motivates stupidity and insanity. These kids - althugh they did something manifold times worse - did so for '#s and giggles'"

Your reaction to friendly fire is what fuels more shooting u in the arse :p I know if i was in a server with you and you ranted about being shot by team mates i would shoot you more , just to hear you whine . makes the game a little more fun .

When someone friendly fires me. I don't whine i shoot them back mwahahaha

"What do you think separates you from them? I would say circumstances. But more then that, insanity can grip the mind of anyone made unprepared and passive."

circumstances of reality and video game ? yea.....

insanity can grip the mind of those predisposed to psychotic behavoir. a.k.a you.

"Germany before Hitlers rise was very much like America and the west today. "#s and giggles" was the MO of most of the German people"

I think that is far more then #'s and giggles ,and also that is a horrible comparasion .

"Being so obsessed with the 'self', and thus indulgent in the irrational, when Hitler arose, it really wasnt that difficult to make what was insane "

obsessed with self , is a characteristic of the psychopath . the irrational part comes with the first trait.

Hitler had great goals for his country his method was the messed up part.

" Hitler succeeded because the German people werent moral minded enough to know right from wrong. "

lol they were moral minded , its how the propaganda machine sold it to the german people that brought him to the top. When hitler first started he was terrible at giving speeches, untill he was tranined by a great propaganda machine speaker. he was able to woo the german people with psycologically sound speeches.

"It began in the weimar republic - in laughter, and ended, thanks to the pressures of economic depression and need - in madness; killing Jews."

really why did we get to hitler again from video games? lol

you need help espically when mixing video games with hitler . Hitler and what you are going through are differnt psychological paths.

Get some help. and don't vent out in video games it will only fuel whats inside you .

You need some serious meditation and getting some more positive activities into your habbit good luck!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Isn't your irrational stance on video games and reality the reason for this thread?

And what is my irrational stance on video games? That i expect people to respect the rules of the game? Thats irrational?

This is extactly why i friendly fire because i know it irratates you

I didnt realize i was speaking with an 8 year old.

Ok listen. We learn this very early in life. Just because YOU FEEL a certain way about something, doesnt mean someone else feels the same way. If you like to tease and annoy others - that person may infact not feel the same way. This is actually the root cause of bullying. The Bully is so absorbed with HIS feelings that he completely ignores the personal reality of the person he bullies.

As above, the point of online competitve games is to score points. If youre on the same team as someone else, and you shoot him for "#s and giggles", what do you think that causes? Maybe he'll react and do the same? And to that person it may not be for "#s and giggles", but actually, is quite annoying. Its annoying because it is inconsiderate. When i said earlier on in the thread that a inclination towards irrationality makes someone closer along the spectrum of 'sanity', that is, whats reasonable and just, to 'insanity', i mean it like this. Here you are defending your irrational feelings. Defending it because YOU feel that way, and to you "it means nothing" and so therefore, YOU, in your arrogance, impose YOUR feelings on others, and force them to accept "the game ia not important".

With those kids, or maniacs and serial killers in general, what do you think motivates them? Its a nihilism. Its a feeling of "nothing really matters". Infact, some serial killers - psychotics - are quite able to come off quite normal. They just dont care enough to engage people on an empathetic level. Either because they have very weak feelings or none at all towards sympathy for others, or they dont care enough to cultivate those feelings. They are plagued by an INDIFFERENCE, and a IRRATIONAL lust to do what the feel like doing.

i don't think you can determine that espically with your though patterns...

Youre an idiot. The context means the situation the kill occurs. For instance, if i move in front of a teammate and i die, it is perfectly logical to infer that he killed me accidentally. At other times if you and your teammate are alone and he just plummels you, then you know he did it on purpose.

My "thought patterns" make perfect sense, while you conversely are an idiot with a vampire avatar.

ts a video game, hes having fun. people who bring video games more then just fun , shouldn't be playing video games. As they miss the purpose of it.

What a childish mentality you have. Ever heard of FUN WITHIN BOUNDARIES? You strike me as one of those idiot kids i went to school with who feels the need to go too far. If were playing dodgeball, he has to whip the ball at someones face. Nevermind possibly hurting them, making them bleed. They just dont care. Its a momentary flash of narcissism.

Killing your team mate in real world , vs killing your teammate in a video where you know the differnce is

You clearly do not read very much.

The symbol of killing a teammate is an EMOTIONAL reality. It exists only energetically, and creates a potentiality for a certain course of action. If in my prsonal life i succumb to irrational feelings, even in the most innocuous of situations, i perpetuate an irrational inclination within my unconscious being. THATS WHY IT IS STUPID and anyone with a working brain should be able to see that.

Your reaction to friendly fire is what fuels more shooting u in the arse

Really? I think its rather their total carelessness. Also, its a video game. How would they know how im reacting? Were playing worlds apart and even if it happens i dont get angry, just more so perturbed, where i acknwoledge something intellectually without getting emotional bothered by it. I am disciplined in this way.

just to hear you whine . makes the game a little more fun .

Ok, Good. I know there are idiots like you in this world, unfortunately. However, i have the sensibility not to expose myself to morons, especially at work. I play along, even though inside im thinking "what a complete idiot this guy is".

When someone friendly fires me. I don't whine i shoot them back mwahahaha

...and then they shoot back, and then you shoot back, ad infinitum, and youve ruined the game for everyone else.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

"And what is my irrational stance on video games? That i expect people to respect the rules of the game? Thats irrational?"

context ..

clearly i said video games and reality . This referes back to the psychotic talk and the fog of where to draw the line. Secondly like i said its for #s and giggles when they just wanna have fun. No need to get hot flashes over it , and cause unwanted brain activity and negative neurons firing off causing chain reactions to something that most would rather nto turn into .

"I didnt realize i was speaking with an 8 year old"

wish i was 8 year old. Time flies to fast , to much information , not enough time , to many bills to pay , anvil of tax hurts and makes it hard to get up

"Ok listen. We learn this very early in life. Just because YOU FEEL a certain way about something, doesnt mean someone else feels the same way that person may infact not feel the same way. This is actually the root cause of bullying. The Bully is so absorbed with HIS feelings that he completely ignores the personal reality of the person he bullies."

Really ? and here i thought wars were started for #s and giggles?...

"If you like to tease and annoy others "

There is a very fine line between teasing and annoying someone.

You seem to enjoy to mash the two together.

I've had people tease me but not annoy ? (y.m.) loool

but anyways back to topic you don't understand the fine line and enough self responsiblity not to take everything to heart because perhaps yoru so self absorbed in your self , that you confuse teasing and annoying and bullying all into one. NO NO

but nice try ...

"As above, the point of online competitve games is to score points. "

Right . I don't see people tk'ing when its actually gogogo its play time. It usually happens during neutral time. I play alot of games online espically counter-strike. Plenty of time between when you wanna through down . in PUBS. You know public matches. Where do you not havfe tk'ing? Real tournament style playing which is held in locked private servers.

The tk'ing is just in neutral times , or for revenge in some cases. But what happens to a tker if he continues and continues? Kick.....again no need for the hot flashes

"If youre on the same team as someone else, and you shoot him for "#s and giggles", what do you think that causes?"

Many laughs on both our parts and he gets his revenge ..
But you see again there is a line you have self responsiblity for when you pass the #s and giiggles and into bullying. You bind both together and cry victim lol. Your line is blurry sir...

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

"When i said earlier on in the thread that a inclination towards irrationality makes someone closer along the spectrum of 'sanity'"

the spectrum of sanity yes , Which degree are you ?

" Here you are defending your irrational feelings. Defending it because YOU feel that way, and to you "it means nothing" and so therefore, YOU, in your arrogance, impose YOUR feelings on others, and force them to accept "the game ia not important".

well if you brought some reason and logic behind it that stands a little crisitim without the flashes. I would be more then willing to accept it .. But so far all you've shown me is blurryness.

it means something even if that value is .1 -

"With those kids, or maniacs and serial killers in general, what do you think motivates them? Its a nihilism"

Motives come in a wide spectrum nihilism is just one aspect of it .

jonestwon a fine example...

"Its a feeling of "nothing really matters". Infact, some serial killers - psychotics - are quite able to come off quite norma"

i was watching the dahmer interview , and to me it seemed more as not being able to control the monster they "hate" yet "loved" so bad.

I know they are able to look and act normal . Who do you think the politicians are ? lol seriel killers that push the buttons and sign the papers instead of pulling the trigger.

Just another form .

To some of them nothign really matters , but there are others who wouldn't share the same view.

many differnt degrees.

"They just dont care enough to engage people on an empathetic level. Either because they have very weak feelings or none at all towards sympathy for others, or they dont care enough to cultivate those feelings. They are plagued by an INDIFFERENCE, and a IRRATIONAL lust to do what the feel like doing."

You have such a narrrow dim blurry abition. They don't care enough because they have beat them selfs down to it by there enviromental factors that they ascustom themselfs too growing up . into there teenage years and adult hood. All those little decisions add up and shape who you are in the long run.

What music you listien to , what you eat , what you wear, where you go , what toxins you live in , what type of people you hang out with , what you do to relax , what meditation is for you , etc etc etc ...

There are plenty of things that can be done , but takes some good will power , a positive out look , good intentions , great diet , positive people around you to motivate you in a proper way etc...

too much work? lol its not really if you realize how much little time you have , and to waste on such a gloom mentality would be a waste of dna .

think of you vs the miillions of other sperm . You made it ! They didn't !

"Youre an idiot. The context means the situation the kill occurs. For instance, if i move in front of a teammate and i die, it is perfectly logical to infer that he killed me accidentally. At other times if you and your teammate are alone and he just plummels you, then you know he did it on purpose. "

lol ? On purpose ? What if he though i was the other team ? I've done that plenty , apologized and moved on . He didn't have hot flashes and neither did I . What if he kills you for a previous tk you did ? lol . You see the "respawn" feature that doesnt make your face and eyes turn red untll you wanna punch them through the monitor ?

Don't take it to heart, we've all dealt with tk'ers , getting your panties bunched over a video game. Should tell you about your real life...

if a video game can make you go red....

imagine little billy who pissed you off one day...

you've already shown me how blurry you are about rational decidions , fine lines , self resonpisiblity , knowing the differnce between a video game , respawn and reality ...

your a ticking time bomb. You should get away from video because .

All the times you get fragged , negativity surges through your brain fueling a built in time bomb in side you .

aas that negativity fills that capsule its only a matter of time before its realeased in the heat of the moment!

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

"My "thought patterns" make perfect sense, while you conversely are an idiot with a vampire avatar"

lol no your thought patterns are vague , narrow , small, gray , fuzzy , almost empty , shadowy , area

its a very dangerous zone , because you have so much more capacity then that ! surley you can't let your self get to that much of life and think this it it .

There is so much beauty for you to discover for you to waste it on such a gray view is foolish!

If you make it to 80 you will thank me lol

"What a childish mentality you have. Ever heard of FUN WITHIN BOUNDARIES? You strike me as one of those idiot kids i went to school with who feels the need to go too far. If were playing dodgeball, he has to whip the ball at someones face. Nevermind possibly hurting them, making them bleed. They just dont care. Its a momentary flash of narcissism. "

lol ... now lets break that down .

a kid throws the ball at someones face.

that kid either a) beats the kid up b)) throws the ball back at him c) forgives and says wtf d) targets him during game.

now . which is the kid to dish out in REALITY

you know where there are CONSEQUENCES

and no RESPAWN......

the kid sure would learn his lesson if one of those hit .

Do you think billy is gonna do that again ? hehe i guess it depends on what lesson is taught to him.

You don't throw a ball at someones face and expect to get away with it lol. you learn fast my friend haha

"You clearly do not read very much.

The symbol of killing a teammate is an EMOTIONAL reality. It exists only energetically, and creates a potentiality for a certain course of action. If in my prsonal life i succumb to irrational feelings, even in the most innocuous of situations, i perpetuate an irrational inclination within my unconscious being. THATS WHY IT IS STUPID and anyone with a working brain should be able to see that."

ONLY if you take it that way . What is emotions ? A chemical reaction in your brain that you can determinte how much care to put ini a beleif?

lol this is another fine example of why you should not be playing video games.

Its only fueling this dark cloud.

"Really? I think its rather their total carelessness. Also, its a video game. How would they know how im reacting? Were playing worlds apart and even if it happens i dont get angry, just more so perturbed, where i acknwoledge something intellectually without getting emotional bothered by it. I am disciplined in this way"

its called texting you kno words....

WTF Y YOU TK ME YOU @#$@#$#

or

people use mic's also and can rage and show you extactly how they feel lol

"Ok, Good. I know there are idiots like you in this world, unfortunately. However, i have the sensibility not to expose myself to morons, especially at work. I play along, even though inside im thinking "what a complete idiot this guy is".

You've clearly exposed your self to one to many morans , seems like some of it has rub off you on :p

You can think of me an idiot all you like. Thats fine .

"..and then they shoot back, and then you shoot back, ad infinitum, and youve ruined the game for everyone else"

lol oh yea ? there are no admins in server to kick ? there are no settings to turn off friendly fire ?

telling me everyone wouldnt get together and tk the tk'er in spawn every round till he leaves and make a game out of it ?

really doesn't ruin the game for everyone else

your to much drama , with a very narrow gray view of the world and people.

ticking time bomb check.

stay away from games and things that can fire up your emotions like a coal power plant

posted on Oct, 25 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Maybe you have a repressed desire to actually go around shooting your teammates and instead of allowing yourself to do so once in a while in a fantasy situation, where no one would be physically harmed, you further repress and maybe even hate this desire so much that when you see someone placate said desire, it upsets you to the point to call them an A hole. So, maybe allow yourself to indulge once in a while as long as no one is hurt.

The real issue of psychosis comes in to play when the decisions made in a fantasy world transfer over to reality and when one can no longer discern between the two. Many healthy people relieve stress by shooting/blowing up/battling their friends on a fantasy level via video games or whatnot.

But thats just what I think

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join