It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Signs of a Psychotic?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Sometimes when im playing halo, the feeling might come over me - due to boredom - to shoot my teammate. At other times i am irritated with a teammate because he killed the guy i was trying to kill, or he was getting in my way. I have never killed my teammate. Although the thought will enter my mind, i immediately acknowledge it as irrational, aswell as incredibly inconsiderate towards my teammate, so i never do it. I consider the expression of that sort of thought as a sort of psychosis. Of course, this is just a video game and not a real life scenario, yet, there is a realism beneath the game. The scenario of the game is a simulation of a real life scenario. The person who can resist the insane thought to "kill a teammate", in the scenario of a video game, shows a higher threshold for sane and rational decision making. The person who doesnt, in the scenario above, who unconsciously kills his teammate without thinking about the objective nature of the action - how he wouldnt want that done to him; how he has just done something to someone else which only promotes the type of action that he just committed, such a person has a weakness and susceptiblilty to irrational thinking. Such a person is closer along the spectrum of Sanity to the Insane.

What else is psychosis but irrationality and selfishness to the extreme? I mean it less in the psychological sense where one is completely and entirely gripped by an archetype, unconsciously led by the passion and numinosity of the form which possesses him, but moreso as an irrational function which displaces consciousness logical thinking and 'wisdom', where one consciously understands consequences and acts with 'wisdom', by choosing the logical and righteous course.

Conversely, one who cant resist the thought to kill; or worse, kills because he "reasons" that it is just a video game and meaningless, fails to understand the nature of his own actions. Even an action done with some manner of complicity, that i am doing it for "these reasons", still perpetuates an energy and tendency within consciousness that inclines towards the irrational.

Im saying this because there is something incredibly insane about killing your own teammate. Today my brother told me about the "Dnepropetrovsk maniacs", and after reading about what they did i became so completely revolted, sickened to the point of nausea. I am angry because these kids seem fairly ordinary; they look like an any ordinary kid today. Modern clothing, seemingly modern attitude. Im sure they listened to hip hop and thought being evil was "cool". These kids appear to me as kids who didnt get their fill from Grand Theft Auto, Halo and Gears of War. That was just not 'fun' enough. What they wanted was real life murder. Murder became fictionalized in their minds; when they were killing somone, they were completely unconsciousness and shielded from the real nature of what they were doing. When they stabbed that mans eye (which they taped and can be seen online) and hammerred his head in, they were thinking in a 'this is fun, and awesome" mindset, combined, or rather, fueled, by the most evil, cruel and vicious archetype/energy/demon. These were kids who allowed evil, selfishness to the extreme, to settle in them and displace all signs of healthy sense of right and wrong. They were the fruition of the type described above; the careless video game player who shoots his teammate. Of course, there is manifold degrees of separation between the two types. But the same stream exists in both; the inclination towards irrationality and cruelty.

On another note, i am also appauled by the decision to put these two vicious murderers in jail - supported by the Ukrainian taxpayers, instead of killing them. 21 murders. Each one a big game of hunt and kill. Each kill preceded by hours of torture and suffering. JAIL? Frankly, if it was up to me, i would subject them to the same things. I would break them through abuse and deprivation until they reach a point of humanity; of need for mercy; at that point, i would finish them off.

It would actually be a kindness for these sick and psychotic murderers who commit such horrible offenses, such ungodly things, for them to feel what they did. Perhaps it is pointless to do it here, because they will be sufferring for it in the next realm? Maybe.

I speak more out of anger and disgust when i say they should have done to them what they did to others. At the very least, they deserve the death penalty. The people SHOULD NOT be supporting the mortality of these demons. They should be killed, end of story.
edit on 17-10-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
you're not psychotic...you're just 17. signs of psychosis are : Hallucinations, Delusions and Thought disorder (not stupid thoughts like what you're experiencing but actual thought problems...like...you wouldn't be able to think to push the button).

YOU'RE NOT PSYCHOTIC

you just are still upset that either a)daddy left, b)you never got so sit at the cool kids table, and/c)she doesn't want to go out with you.

i assure you...you are quite sane.

personally...i've always believed that if you think you're crazy...you're not.
edit on 10/17/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Sometimes when im playing halo, the feeling might come over me - due to boredom - to shoot my teammate. At other times i am irritated with a teammate because he killed the guy i was trying to kill, or he was getting in my way. I have never killed my teammate. Although the thought will enter my mind, i immediately acknowledge it as irrational, aswell as incredibly inconsiderate towards my teammate, so i never do it. I consider the expression of that sort of thought as a sort of psychosis.

I am not a doctor, but i dont think this has anything to do with psychosis. It's a computer game and other rules apply there - to be honest, comparing killing team mates with killing people IRL is a little...off...

If anything, you have a case of tourettes/OCD which make you think those things and an "urge" to act them out - despite your rational thought that you are not supposed to do this. There are such OCD cases where people have OCD thoughts like stabbing someone like their kids etc. without a rational reason...it's tourettes/OCD.

You would be be a psychotic if you REALLY would go out and kill people due to some bizarre/crazy reasons which make you do it. Psychosis is defined as "loss of reality"....eg. if you would go out killing (or do other things)..because "the aliens told you so"....other cases of psychosis would include beliefs like the CIA is after you, hallucinations, delusions etc. which are all about losing touch to "reality" or acting out on bizarre, non real things. (By the way there are PLENTY of examples here on the forum).

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

I think that not killing your team mate in Halo isn't the difference between you and a psychopath. A sane person CAN shoot their team mate in the face and laugh about it and not go out and shoot real people in the face because they understand the difference between fantasy and reality. An insane person doesn't know the difference. Not killing your team mates makes you a moral person, has nothing to do with sanity.......I think lol.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I wasn't aware of the Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs case.

Thank you for bringing that to my attention.

One thing that bothers me is in the videos that were taken of the murders, the two convicted were always in the video and a third person was taking the video, but no third person was ever convicted of being involved in the murders. However, there was a third person that was convicted of being involved with a robbery before the murders began.

I cannot come to any other conclusion than the third person, only convicted of the earlier robbery, was the one filming the murders, since he was also at the pawn shop when the police finally caught up with them, and the second person convicted of the murders, was at the house where they were living, which he tried to flush stolen cell phones, from the victims, down the toilet before the police entered and took him into custody.

With that, the one only convicted of the earlier robbery, has gotten away with murder.

Great thread and well written!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I will tell you whats Psychotic. A Govt. that wiretaps all the US Citizens and blams it on lies that they were the brainchilds of i.e. Iraq WMD etc... Thanks for the thread. S/F for all your input and work for the thread
edit on 17-10-2011 by CherubBaby because: Added txt

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
There's nothing wrong with you.

I do it all the time on the battlefield games to get to a vehicle. You do it because in games, they re-spawn.

People don't re-spawn in real life.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Your playing a video game , you know friendly fire will be nothing more then haha's

thats why it crosses your mind.

In real time you won't be that way because there is no funny haha when you shoot billy in the back.

Only reason you wanna kill hiim is for the #s and giggles of the wonder world of RESPAWN

But real time i assure you , that won't cross your mind .

have fun playing the games

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

A different perspective on taking out the unsuspecting combatant.

I went through of couple of tours on Combat Flight Simulator a few years ago. Then, for my third tour of duty, I played as one of the Nazis to fly their aircraft. I spent days shooting down my own Nazi squadron mates in the heat of battle, flying wing to the RAF, and then bugging-out to try to land before the good guys got me.

Also interesting is the apparent popularity of the game among Germans-- wanting to re-write history in fantasy for a little bit of each day.

Neither scenario is psychotic. The real point, I think, may be in the empathy and the conscience-- what you feel and then what you do about it; and then what you feel about what you did or did not do.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Frira

The thread title was a little misleading.

I dont mean to say shooting your teammate is initself and expression of clinical psychosis; im merely pointing out the insane nature of the action, and how someone who does such a thing is unconscious; in the same way as one who is 'psychotic' (having experienced such a state, i know what im talking about) is completely passive and relinquished to the foreign energy within him.

If consciousness can be associated with anything, it would be the power of cognition; knowing "one thing from another". To not deliberate and know, consciously, that one thing is right and should be pursued while the converse is wrong and is actually a complete snare; a template which could provoke further irrational action, is to be acting insane. I mean this in the most elevated sense that doing whats right, conscious, and conscientious, separates oneself from the insanity of the type of forms that compel people to shoot their teammates, or, in the much more psychotic example above, to kill 21 people as a way to pass time. Qualitatively, they are very far apart, but the same opposition to what is rational animates both.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
the only signs of being psychotic i see is you posting this over analysis on the forum.

dont let the demons hijack your mind any longer, take control of your breathing so you can take control of your thoughts!

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

If anything, you have a case of tourettes/OCD which make you think those things and an "urge" to act them out - despite your rational thought that you are not supposed to do this. There are such OCD cases where people have OCD thoughts like stabbing someone like their kids etc. without a rational reason...it's tourettes/OCD.

What in Gods name are you talking about?

First, touretters and OCD are nothing alike. Tourerretes is involuntary speech or face twitching

And as for OCD, i am not OCD. Im descibing a fleeting thought which passes through my mind while im bored #less playing video games. Its not like i obsess over the thought. Obsessing over the thought, not being able to remove it from your mind, or to comfort yourself through a conscious and rational thought such as "this is wrong", is OCD. I am very far from being OCD. My above thinking should have shown that if you knew what the hell you were talking about.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

A sane person CAN shoot their team mate in the face and laugh about it and not go out and shoot real people in the face because they understand the difference between fantasy and reality.

Thats not true. It is insane; that is, inconsiderate - something you wouldnt want done to yourself - to kill a teammate. If you wouldnt want someone to do it to you - why do it to someone else? Isnt that insane, and irrational?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally

A sane person CAN shoot their team mate in the face and laugh about it and not go out and shoot real people in the face because they understand the difference between fantasy and reality.

Thats not true. It is insane; that is, inconsiderate - something you wouldnt want done to yourself - to kill a teammate. If you wouldnt want someone to do it to you - why do it to someone else? Isnt that insane, and irrational?

The thing is that you aren't REALLY killing anyone in Halo. The other guy is still very much alive and well on the other end of a controller somewhere and they will just respawn in a min. anyway. Just today I jumped off of a building and stabbed a guy in the neck, playing AC. In real life completely irrational, in game land normal....not insane at all. I think I understand what your saying basically, why would you do something to someone you dont want done to you.....right? That only applies in real life as far as sanity goes I think. Fantasy land, doesn't make a damn difference in the world.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LeTan

It seems many of you guys arent catching the subtlety of the point of the thread.

I am not asking for a second opinion about my thinking; i KNOW that kiling a teammate, whether they re-spawn or not is inconsiderate and wrong. The person who does it has difficulty challenging and rejecting that irrational thought. The person who does reject it, not only shows consideration for others - and so lives according to the golden principle - but also disciplines his mind. He makes himself stronger, much stronger, then the mental weakling who succumbs to every fleeting thought that makes him smile, laugh....

So righly, SOOOO intuitively, did Solomon write:

"I said of laughter: 'It is mad';" Laughter, when not controlled and limited by reason, leads to madness. Dionysus, the cult idol of western civilization and of our era specifically contains in myth the danger of the irrational.

So, while i appreciate levity, play video games, engage in popular culture and lead an otherwise normal life, i am very careful to govern myself reasonably and fairly with others. To fail to understand this in the mundan example above, with the shooting your teammate in a video game, is really to be unconscious of your own self.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

Your playing a video game , you know friendly fire will be nothing more then haha's

And that is totally irrational. Im irritated if a teammate shoots me; especially for a "haha". If its accidental, and usually the context in which it occurs can determine that, im fine. No hard feelings. But if the Ass-hole is shooting me and his teammates for 'giggles', there is something a little wrong with his thinking. He is very immature. He fails to appreciate the fact that not everyone appreciates his frivolity, and that for some, the game is supposed to serve its basic purpose of competition. If teammates are just shooting each other, usually, at the point, i quit the game and turn off the concel. I dont want to play with morons.

But real time i assure you , that won't cross your mind

Amazing so few of you recognize a symbol in the action of killing your teammate.

It is the irrationality and pointlessness, and the depravity and perversity of the feeling of "#s and giggles" that motivates stupidity and insanity. These kids - althugh they did something manifold times worse - did so for '#s and giggles'.

What do you think separates you from them? I would say circumstances. But more then that, insanity can grip the mind of anyone made unprepared and passive.

Germany before Hitlers rise was very much like America and the west today. "#s and giggles" was the MO of most of the German people. Being so obsessed with the 'self', and thus indulgent in the irrational, when Hitler arose, it really wasnt that difficult to make what was insane - to a sound thinker - sane, through gradual exposure to increasingly profane propaganda. Hitler succeeded because the German people werent moral minded enough to know right from wrong. It began in the weimar republic - in laughter, and ended, thanks to the pressures of economic depression and need - in madness; killing Jews.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Codazzle

uhuh. I guess you dont read much.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Seriously man, what's your gamer tag? I have never talked to anyone that can compare Halo to Nazi Germany....that too funny.
I love it.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I think this is very deep and you are defiantly a free thinker. Video games such as combat games are mind control tools. The games desensitize the players to a point they are almost in a zombie state. Our mind is like a computer and when we see graphic violent images it just burns the image to our minds. This will cause stress, depression, evil acts, or a full breakdown etc...
The TV is the same thing but we are able to sit back and just watch while acting like a zombie. Video Games get the player in the action. The game comes to life for many. The mind is a powerful tool that we know very little about. Why weaken it with instruments that cause social problems? Our minds are like computers and everything it is programmed with effects our actions. Energy flows where the mind goes.

Namaste

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

I think I understand what your saying basically, why would you do something to someone you dont want done to you.....right? That only applies in real life as far as sanity goes I think. Fantasy land, doesn't make a damn difference in the world.

It applies anywhere where people make an emotional investment.

If someone playng Halo is intimately involved in the game, hes playing to win. Hes actually being sane inasmuch as he is following the basic purpose of the gamel to kill more people. To kill a teammate, is to disrgard the emotional investment others have in the game. It is arrogant. It is "oh, dont take it so seriously", because YOU, in the emotional state YOU are in, feel that way.

That is selfishness and immaturity. Any truly awakened person can understand that.

Whether it manifests in real world, or virtual world (online, video games) each action determines our fibre of being. Each action is a symbol; an energy, which underlies consciousness. Who do you think would be better able to resist demagoguery, or for that matter,recognize demagoguery, the person who takes things flippantly, and succumbs to emotional desires, justified by thought, or the person who sees in every action a symbolic power - not recognized by the former person because he is asleep - to the other persons conditions and reality, that is, to objectivity.

You may think im making something out of nothing, or maybe my thinking is too abstract for some posters here. However, i think this plays a large part in the nature of how people are led and controlled by Demagogues; as long as we succumb to "feelings" - lik the irrational feeling of 'killing your teammate for personal entertainment" we will have minded primed to accept any worm on the hook put out there by the social planners.

The hardest thing to do is to deny yourself something which you want. It is apart of you. The first challenge is always in recognizing the problem - that a certain behavior is wrong, for the reasons described above. I find many people here have problems recognizing this. Maybe its due to a lack of self knowledge, or a twisted idea of morality. To me it is perfectly rational, perfectly normal.
edit on 18-10-2011 by dontreally because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join