It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muse - Resistance Cover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Usually I don't like kid singers but this kid is really good. Like insanely good in my opinion. What do you think?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yeah, definitely. He's great. He could be successful if he wanted to and kept at it. I prefer his voice to Bellamy's actually... I used to like Muse a lot, but I started to find his voice so annoying

Do you know where this kid is from?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
He's really wonderful!
Excellent find. Thanks

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Durben (sp?) South Africa. The youtube channel is run by a professional agent I believe.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Let me start by saying I think Muse is one of the few bands you shouldn't even try to cover. Not many people can sing like Matt. I gotta admit, this kid did a very solid job, it was better than karaoke. I was expecting him to murder it lol..

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Not to put a damper on the kid's talent but...

He is using a great deal of echo, which distracts the vocal residency, and he is using auto tune. Not on a totally extensive level, but it is very evident. This kid can probably sing, but he needs to lay off the effects. But, from a critic stand point, there's no distinct quality in his voice that would separate him from that other good 15 year old boy. Bellamy is the opposite; when he sings, you know it's him. Also, he started singing at the age of 16 and has about a 4 octave vocal range. I take professional lessons and it is also my job to know a lot about music and let me tell you...that doesn't happen. People who have been singing their whole lives are lucky to get 3 octaves. He was able to get to about 4 in a matter of 4-5 years (though if you listen to his voice in 94...ouch. Muse sucked. It's funny though). Now, he's flawless. And he doesn't use effects except for some on the studio versions of their songs when it sounds cool. But live, especially, he's perfect (I can rightfully say from multiple experiences). And then there's also that fun fact that he picked out Rachmaninoff by ear at the age of 12 on piano but...I think I just fangirled enough for one day.

Talented kid, though. Just...go natural buddy

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Pretty good on the kids part, but hey..... The origional cannot be beaten. Bands like Muse come along once. I know that comparisons can be made to whatever, but there is just no other sound like Bellamy's.

I got into Muse late, but better late than never. Life is just too short not to jam to Thoughts of a Dying Athiest.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by destroydemonocracyx21

I agree with all you have just said. He's got to lay off the effects a bit, the overuse of effects renders his voice quite sterile, sounds like a church choir... which in my opinion really does not do it for Muse covers.

But he has a good voice, the foundations are good to make a good singer, but never a Bellamy
edit on 17-10-2011 by WeSbO because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by destroydemonocracyx21

He is using a great deal of echo, which distracts the vocal residency, and he is using auto tune. Not on a totally extensive level, but it is very evident. This kid can probably sing, but he needs to lay off the effects. But, from a critic stand point, there's no distinct quality in his voice that would separate him from that other good 15 year old boy. Bellamy is the opposite; when he sings, you know it's him. Also, he started singing at the age of 16 and has about a 4 octave vocal range. I take professional lessons and it is also my job to know a lot about music and let me tell you...that doesn't happen. People who have been singing their whole lives are lucky to get 3 octaves. He was able to get to about 4 in a matter of 4-5 years (though if you listen to his voice in 94...ouch. Muse sucked. It's funny though). Now, he's flawless. And he doesn't use effects except for some on the studio versions of their songs when it sounds cool. But live, especially, he's perfect (I can rightfully say from multiple experiences). And then there's also that fun fact that he picked out Rachmaninoff by ear at the age of 12 on piano but...I think I just fangirled enough for one day.

Very true... I just listened to a bit of it again on headphones instead of laptop speakers, and you're definitely right about the effects usage.

Matt Bellamy indeed has amazing vocal capabilities. And sometimes it's great to hear him for the first time in a while these days, but after only a couple songs I get tired of his voice again.. it's just so dramatic. I used to really really love them around the Showbiz/Absolution era. Was able to see them in a couple small clubs before they got huge in America, and that was truly amazing. Maybe I'll love them again one day..

Have you ever heard of Jimmy Gnecco or his band Ours? He has an unbelievable voice/range as well

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Originally posted by destroydemonocracyx21

Very true... I just listened to a bit of it again on headphones instead of laptop speakers, and you're definitely right about the effects usage.

Matt Bellamy indeed has amazing vocal capabilities. And sometimes it's great to hear him for the first time in a while these days, but after only a couple songs I get tired of his voice again.. it's just so dramatic. I used to really really love them around the Showbiz/Absolution era. Was able to see them in a couple small clubs before they got huge in America, and that was truly amazing. Maybe I'll love them again one day..

Have you ever heard of Jimmy Gnecco or his band Ours? He has an unbelievable voice/range as well

That's so funny you would bring that up! My vocal coach is best friends with Jimmy Gnecco. I have yet to meet him, though. But yes, great artist.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
He could of picked a decent Muse track though, not this pop trash of recent times.

edit: The kids alright though.
edit on 18-10-2011 by pazcat because: (no reason given)

top topics

join