It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Veteran scares off NYPD at Times Square!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

WOW

That was a really moving video.

What an amazing man.

Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Ok, just a question....as a fellow vet, do you honestly think this guy is acting like a marine, running the streets, screaming at the police and basically acting like a kid throwing a temper tantrum then going on a talk show to brag about it. Does that sound like the behavior of a marine? What I see is when I watch this video what I see is a vet STILL wearing his uniform, screaming for help saying its not a war again and again, I wish I could personally take him to the VA and get him into mental heath. To me it is obvious this guy has PTSD, has anger issues and is having trouble dealing with the war. Everything in me says to help this guy, not encourage him. Understand what I am saying?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

Gee, he provokes the cops and none of them stand up and attack him like they do with women and disabled people..

Wonder why..

because when truth turns to conviction and you KNOW the meaning of honor, especially when your wearing a badge that tells the public that you are, then do something that is BLATANTLY dishonorable, and you are a honorable person, you will do the right thing...

just like the cop did ..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I call shenanigans on this. I don't think this guy was a vet. He is wearing a uniform that isn't even close to fitting him, and not because he may have gotten more muscular. The sleeves end just below his elbows, and they aren't tailored that way.

Additionally, what was he really shouting about. That wasn't even full riot gear the cops had. What is he honestly complaining about? Cops with helmets? Walking in a group? There are thousands of protestors, some of who have openly professed to being up for violence, and this guy is begrudging the cops a little precaution? I don't think a sane man, or vet would make that big a stink over such nothingness, especially sporting a uniform 3 sizes too small.

right.. well.. apparently you missed the message.. and perhaps trying to derail a thread.. as for the riot gear, ANYTHING with a shield in front is considered RIOT gear..

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Ok, just a question....as a fellow vet, do you honestly think this guy is acting like a marine, running the streets, screaming at the police and basically acting like a kid throwing a temper tantrum then going on a talk show to brag about it. Does that sound like the behavior of a marine? What I see is when I watch this video what I see is a vet STILL wearing his uniform, screaming for help saying its not a war again and again, I wish I could personally take him to the VA and get him into mental heath. To me it is obvious this guy has PTSD, has anger issues and is having trouble dealing with the war. Everything in me says to help this guy, not encourage him. Understand what I am saying?

That was exactly my point. I'm no vet, neither I'm from USA for that matter, but I feel I have right to say that any ex soldier who is acting like that guy needs to get medical help.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tulkor

3. Since he is not in the military anymore...do you think he gives a # about "properly" wearing the uniform? He is not trying to be an image of recruitment by acting like the perfect toy soldier.

I haven't been to the army but I quite imagine discipline and tidiness are almost brainwashed into you... Then again not everyone comes back from war sane... But I still believe neatness should be second nature to someone from the army.

So my diagnoses is, this guy isn't right in the head... Then again what did that specific police officer do?

Also note that guys in the mafia will probably behave like this guy, I mean talking loudly is almost a psychological weapon and its enhances when your aggressive and BIG.

I have been to enough clubs and to enough places and been around enough people to know that people who behave like that are %&¥»'s.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
How does this bring a tear to your eye. An ex army troop shouting at police officers. Why don't you go storm the white house or something.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Have read through most of this thread, and all I seem to be seeing is a problem the world over. Disrespect of the law, disrespect of authority usually by a minority. I'm sure if you got burgled or beat up you would want the police to help you. They have a job to do and 99% of them do the job properly and within the constraints they are set.

Ooooh we scared the police....big deal.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Actually I do think he is prior Army.

The DCU's not fitting could be because he bought it at a surplus store since many people turn their uniforms in so they can be recycled/resold in reclamation sales.

But the way he came over to me points to me he was a NCO.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
the police simply held their line and let someone shout at them. rest assured if he had lunged at them or struck them they would have swarmed him and people would be whining today about how terrible the cops are. i think the police should just stand there and let people attack them......

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by backinblack

The best words Ive ever heard spoken were by my old USMC Chief Warrant Officer "cops pin on their courage and strap on their balls"....

Those words are WHAT KEPT me from being a cop post-military..

Yeah imagine if 5,000 vets showed up to the protests...P-O'd that they were risking their lives, dying, and fighting for freedom abroad, to come home and see a Gestapo terrorizing their grandparents, sisters, mothers, and children!!!!

The first sign I see of PIGS attacking like Kent state, IT WILL OFFICIALLY BE ON>>>>> Im not the only former Marine who hates what the cops have become....

I know at least 3 others who (the 4 of us) could take out at least 10 cops in a hand to hand fight.. Ive beat down 2 at a time myself one night. they were off duty, and thought they ran the dance floor..

another time while in Irvine, 5 cops didn't realize the 5 of us (all over 6ft marines) wouldn't stop "flirting" with their dates.. (what chick would choose a cop over a marine anyway) the girls sent US drinks!! long story short..we didn't see a badge till the parking lot.. one cop pulled a gun, stupid him, i took it from him and made him lick the barrel, while his 4 buddies were in headlocks by my crew... COPS ARE COWARDS!!!!!!!! 6'3" 250lb former marine will take on any pig...

Man, it's assholes like you that give us Marines and former Marines a bad name. You and your buddies sound like real tools with no respect, thinking you're something special. Your story is complete bull#, and you know it. What happened after you took the gun? Did you give it back or keep it? Did you call the police to report that the cops assaulted you and pulled a gun after showing you a badge and identifying themselves as officers? Did they just let you go? I highly doubt it. If that actually happened, you would have had 20+ cops on the scene, skull #ing you with their batons. Don't make up weak stories...

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by backinblack

The best words Ive ever heard spoken were by my old USMC Chief Warrant Officer "cops pin on their courage and strap on their balls"....

Those words are WHAT KEPT me from being a cop post-military..

Yeah imagine if 5,000 vets showed up to the protests...P-O'd that they were risking their lives, dying, and fighting for freedom abroad, to come home and see a Gestapo terrorizing their grandparents, sisters, mothers, and children!!!!

The first sign I see of PIGS attacking like Kent state, IT WILL OFFICIALLY BE ON>>>>> Im not the only former Marine who hates what the cops have become....

I know at least 3 others who (the 4 of us) could take out at least 10 cops in a hand to hand fight.. Ive beat down 2 at a time myself one night. they were off duty, and thought they ran the dance floor..

another time while in Irvine, 5 cops didn't realize the 5 of us (all over 6ft marines) wouldn't stop "flirting" with their dates.. (what chick would choose a cop over a marine anyway) the girls sent US drinks!! long story short..we didn't see a badge till the parking lot.. one cop pulled a gun, stupid him, i took it from him and made him lick the barrel, while his 4 buddies were in headlocks by my crew... COPS ARE COWARDS!!!!!!!! 6'3" 250lb former marine will take on any pig...

Man, it's assholes like you that give us Marines and former Marines a bad name. You and your buddies sound like real tools with no respect, thinking you're something special. Your story is complete bull#, and you know it. What happened after you took the gun? Did you give it back or keep it? Did you call the police to report that the cops assaulted you and pulled a gun after showing you a badge and identifying themselves as officers? Did they just let you go? I highly doubt it. If that actually happened, you would have had 20+ cops on the scene, skull #ing you with their batons. Don't make up weak stories...

If this guy is real, dude, the fuc@#ing corp DID NOT teach you to act like that. If you really did it is not only a disgrace to the uniform but the entire marine corp. You should be ashamed of your actions. It's idiots like you that get people killed. I am a vet.....I am embarrassed that you claim to be, you give us all a bad name.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Standing up for peoples rights and freedoms makes him "Mentally Ill"... Interesting logic.

He's just fed up, like many of us vets, with the current state of the US.

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

Standing up for peoples rights and freedoms makes him "Mentally Ill"... Interesting logic.

He's just fed up, like many of us vets, with the current state of the US.

Watch the videos. Those cops had their gear on yeah, but they were just walking down the street doing their job. They weren't hurting people, or acting like they were in a war zone.....This guy FREAKED out and started screaming its not a war to them.......you dont see a problem there, seriously?

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Watch the videos. Those cops had their gear on yeah, but they were just walking down the street doing their job. They weren't hurting people, or acting like they were in a war zone.....This guy FREAKED out and started screaming its not a war to them.......you dont see a problem there, seriously?

No, I don't, so I guess I'm mentally ill. All people who shout are mentally ill. All people who let the police know how they feel are mentally ill. All people who are fed up are mentally ill. I saw police herding civilians who they are supposed to protect. I didn't see any justice in the video for any victim of a crime. The "Doing my job" excuse doesn't cut it anymore, WAKE UP!
edit on 18-10-2011 by AngryAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

ur stupidity amazes me

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join