It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Veteran scares off NYPD at Times Square!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Ok found this so far

The entire classroom where Lance Cpl. Shamar Thomas spoke was covered in decorations made by the students who wrote him while he was deployed.

Photo by: Cpl. Lameen Witter
Photo ID: 2005512182720
Submitting Unit: New York City Public Affairs
Photo Date:

Pictures documenting Lance Cpl. Shamar Thomas’s deployment circulated through the hands of P.S 135’s students as he shared his experiences with them.

Photo by: Cpl. Lameen Witter
Photo ID: 2005512182432
Submitting Unit: New York City Public Affairs
Photo Date:

Lance Cpl. Shamar Thomas of the 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion speaks shares his experiences with the children of P.S.135 during his visit. Photo by:Cpl. Lameen Witter
Lance Cpl. Shamar Thomas of the 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion speaks shares his experiences with the children of P.S.135 during his visit.
Photo submitted 05/12/2005 Taken by Cpl. Lameen Witter

Pics are on the site

edit on 17-10-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
why do you guys envy this man? he has done nothing but stir up anger and hatred between the protestors and law enforcements. what he did defeat the purpose of the protest which is to unite the people.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

how do you know thats the guy on the video?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Yeah, how do you know that's the guy from the video? I don't believe it.
2nd

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

after much deliberation.. how could a person call someone else a complete moron without a violation..

for any IDIOT to think that just because a person yells at someone DURING A PROTEST, that somehow relates to tactical awareness in a combat situation is so over the top LUDICROUS!!!

I imagine you have never served in a real militarial capacity have you.. the man gave his name and rank.. so I guess you think ever soldier is some quiet, soft spoken little pansy..

AND HERE IS YOUR FACEPALM OF THE DAY AWARD..........

You are SOOOOOO right.... I mean who has

ever heard of a soldier yelling at anyone.. its not like there are any examples anywhere of a soldier yelling at anyone is there?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

I don't but that's were the trail led

Stumbled on

kalimao.blogspot.com...

Sgt. Shamar Thomas, of the 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion has a message for the cops who are trying to beat you down and shut you up

from there
I googled "Sgt. Shamar Thomas, of the 3rd Light Armored Reconnaissance Battalion" (no quotes)
which led to those pics

Instead of wondering get searching, I'm sure the people on here can find out what is needed.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I call shenanigans on this. I don't think this guy was a vet. He is wearing a uniform that isn't even close to fitting him, and not because he may have gotten more muscular. The sleeves end just below his elbows, and they aren't tailored that way.

I'm sure it's his uniform.

He has the sleeves rolled up, they don't "end" at the elbows. I used to roll my sleeves or fold them in when I was in the army, in-country too. Though not that far, if I needed to I'd just take the top off.

By the way, the uniforms are not "tailored". There are several sizes to match your body type. Basically X-Small to X-Large, with Short, Regular and Long. The most common size being Large-Regular. His is probably X-Large-Regular, and thus, the sleeves are uncomfortably short or 'tight', so he rolls them up.
edit on 17-10-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by rebeldog

YES rebeldog, the US military I was in for 15 years taught us keep our composure no matter what, NOT to act like a five year old throwing a temper tantrum in public. Much less run through the streets screaming wearing a half cocked uniform. It's disgraceful to the uniform. Oh yes, marines and soldiers yell....at each other and people we are fighting....Never civilians and especially not the police. If this guy really was a marine he needs to make an appointment with mental health at the VA, seriously the guy needs meds. If this guy is active duty he needs to be kicked out of the marines because that kind of erratic loud as@ little kid behavior is the kind of shi$ that gets good soldiers and marines killed.
edit on 17-10-2011 by billy197300 because: add

edit on 17-10-2011 by billy197300 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-10-2011 by billy197300 because: add

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
I'm a pretty tough guy... pretty big, know how to handle myself... dude would have scared the hell out of me. I would have said F that noise.

I highly doubt h's ex-military. Agree with the poster above me. Why wear a uniform 10 sizes too small? I mean sure he may be but a lot of people wear military garb.

I don't know. There is another thread on here with a longer video of this guy yelling at the cops. In that, he makes the claim that he fought in Iraq and that lots of his family has been in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Of course, I imagine he could just be saying that. But who knows.

Either way, good on him for standing up for what is right.

He is right. It takes a coward to attack an unarmed civilian.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Seems to me like he is a big tough guy who does and says whatever he wants because he is big and tough he usually gets away with it.

Maybe I'm a little stupid... But isn't that what these protests are against?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Real hero of the people.
Gave me tingles to hear the passion.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
1. The guy clearly states he was a Marine NOT a U.S. Army soldier.

He also states that he did multiple tours in Iraq, so he is a veteran for all those thinking he will be discharged for doing this.

2. Just because it doesn't seem like it is tailored too him does not mean it isn't his uniform. It likely fit him when he was in the service and he is just wearing it to clearly identify as a veteran.

3. Since he is not in the military anymore...do you think he gives a # about "properly" wearing the uniform? He is not trying to be an image of recruitment by acting like the perfect toy soldier.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
ok I'm calling BS here....
unless his parents are OLD, this guy looks about 30 or so, and his PARENTS were in Iraq/Afganistan?????

He is everything that a soldier should be. He stands up for his people. He fights for his people and their rights.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

He IS Lance cpl. Shamar Thomas.

You know we were over there in the 90's right? Also, perhaps his parents are career soldiers?

It is very possible for his parents to have been over there. You should know that, soldier.

Let's say that he is 30 ( We don't know know)

The gulf war started in what, 90? 91? So about 20-21 years ago. If he is 30 years old, that would put his parents in their 50's. There is no reason they could not have been over there then....

As for Afghanistan. As I said, ever heard of a career soldier? Surely you have. I know of lots of old guys who got shipped over to Afghanistan.

The guy gave his ranking and full name. I promise you, if this guy was going around parading as a soldier and he was not one, some one would have busted his ass by now.

You are wrong.

Nice try though

But hey, call BS all you want. You don't seem to get the protest. I encourage you to actually go see it for yourself. Because if you are getting your info from the media, you are getting LIES.

And besides, regardless of who he is, he is right! He is mad because cops have been attacking unarmed peaceful protestors and as he says, it takes a coward to attack an unarmed civilian.

www.nydailynews.com...

take a look at the video within this article. Tell me you agree with what that cop did. Tell me you would not be upset to. Tell me this cop is not a coward for grabbing a person who was walking and not even facing him and punching him!

Can you tell me that? No? Then that is your clue to get your priorities straight, because that aggressive cop, represents who you are siding with.

I pray that it does not get as bad as it did in Egypt or Libya... But you just watch what happens if it ever does. The military, like in Egypt and Libya, will side with the people. But hey, you feel free to go stand with the government.... They will be awful lonely and will need the company.

The cops are being aggressive. Not the protestors. This should be your clue that something is majorly wrong! The system is broke. Time to fix it. With or with out you. But frankly, you have shown in this thread that you just don't get it... So maybe you HAVE chosen the right side for you.

You don't get it and neither do they. If you support that kind of behavior from the cops and do not support peaceful protesting from OWS, then shame on you.
edit on 17-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

what branch were you in .. the JV miltary ---usaf, usn, uscg

or the real military usmc or usa (army)

and were you in a combat MOS?

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Tulkor

The uniform doesn't fit him and I'm not talking about the sleeves.

Any self respecting soldier, marine, airman or seamen, vet or active duty would not go into public disgracing the uniform as he is. No, I'm not talking about his actions. He is disgracing it by the way he wears it.

I see this clip and the only thing that comes to my mind is that he is a disgusting fat body squeezing into a blouse that looks to be a size or two to small.

And what is up with him yelling that he has been depolyed several times, what does that have to do with anything?

Either he is a fake or someone who most likely goes around throwing his service in peoples faces for attention. Either way he gets a fail from me.

I will add that I support this protest, I just think this guy is a tool
edit on 17-10-2011 by Becoming because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Would everyone get over his damn uniform? Who cares? That is not the point of his words!

What he is saying is that it takes a coward to attack unarmed civilians. What these cops are doing, is not what soldiers have fought for and quite frankly it is an outrage.

Forget his damn uniform and listen to the words! His outrage is justified and the cops are cowards for attacking innocent, unarmed and non violent protestors!

Besides, that man gave his name in an interview. If you want to find out who he is, do some damn research. It is not that hard to find out if he is in the military or not!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

There he is a soldier! Lance cpl. Shamar Thomas. Now we can move on!

www.nydailynews.com...

This is what This man is upset about! Stuff like this happens all the time at the hands of the police.Good for him! Good for him for being angry. Good for him for not wanting it to happen.

edit on 17-10-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I read every post here just to make sure that someone denied ignorance and called BS on you already...

Anyway, to the point, those sleeves are CLEARLY ROLLED UP. It is not unusual to see uniforms worn like this in the field and overseas. But it's possible that you didn't know that because you have never spent a day in a warzone. So before you criticize this man, AND THIS MEANS ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO CRITICIZE HIM; consider for a moment the sacrifice that he and others like him have made for this country and then imagine if you had sacrificed any of yourself for this country just how freaking mad you would be when the people that are supposed to protect us at home are out there beating us up, regardless of the reason. As he said, THERE IS NO HONOR IN HARMING AN UNARMED CIVILIAN. Deny ignorance, that's what this site is all about.

So regardless of everything else including the way he wore the freakin uniform, what he said is right, anyone who is saying nay about what he did should be ashamed of themselves ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE A VETERAN.

PROUD US ARMY VETERAN
IRAQ 07-08
AFGHANISTAN 09-10
edit on 17-10-2011 by southofheaven because: improper html

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
This movement is in 80 country's... and this one MAN as did more for democracy then any one man in recent years. Us Republicans.. love him..... Wow I wonder how big this will get.. now MR Black is going to speak to all of us soon, to consider the next great step.... YES~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MR BLACK wrote the book the best way to rob bank is to own one....

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
reply to post by Becoming

Would everyone get over his damn uniform? Who cares? That is not the point of his words!

What he is saying is that it takes a coward to attack unarmed civilians. What these cops are doing, is not what soldiers have fought for and quite frankly it is an outrage.

Forget his damn uniform and listen to the words! His outrage is justified and the cops are cowards for attacking innocent, unarmed and non violent protestors!

www.nydailynews.com...

Seeing as how the thread title makes use of his service, incorrectly I might add, I think his uniform and service is a relevant topic to discuss.

If you don't think so then stop replying to people who do find it relevant and let us have our conversation while you have your own.

Again, I 100% back the protest, still think this guy is a too.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by southofheaven

I been to a few combat zones and sleeves rolled up is not that common.

The army isn't even allowed to do so anymore, in country or out and the marines have a differant rule under differant commanders. Most I have seen are not allowed to.

Just a little fyi that you will most likely ignore.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join