It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronaunt Credibility: What do we believe?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Gordon Cooper, Edgar Mitchell, and Buzz Adrin have publically stated their belief that we have been visited by extraterrestrial entities. These are highly decorated American heroes, M.I.T. Graduates, and experienced combat pilots. What are we to believe? I tend to believe them as credible witnesses. Did they really see E.T. UFOs? Or did they see secret advanced aircraft?

I pose this question to forum members...what are your thoughts on this subject.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I am constantly amazed that people refuse to believe even our own astronauts.

Everyone is screaming for "disclosure", what do they want? The Astronauts come out and openly state they have seen ET craft and say we are being visited and it is met with disbelief. Millions spent to train those guys, professionals who have been into space and even to the Moon.. and they are not believed.

It just is beyond comprehension.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by expat2368

The few I heard had questionable context, and were 'debunked'.

Do you have any clear-cut examples?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The only thing that bothers me personally in these testimonies is the fact, that they come tens of years afterwards. Of course i understand that they've signed some sort of a confidentiality agreement back in the days for a certain length of time. But still i'd be more comfortable for the info being readily available as soon as possible.

Still i find astronauts to be the most credible witnesses/sources for what goes on around our planet.

Edit to add: i think that they've seen just that what they've described.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Lithops because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
I am constantly amazed that people refuse to believe even our own astronauts.

Everyone is screaming for "disclosure", what do they want? The Astronauts come out and openly state the y have seen ET craft and say we are being visited and it is met with disbelief. Millions spent to train those guys, professionals who have been into space and even to the Moon.. and they are not believed.

It just is beyond comprehension.

I tend to feel the same way as you. Gordon Cooper had a pretty significant sitting at Edwards AFB, filmed to boot, of course the Pentagon quickly secured it. Mitchell, while intelligent and well spoken, I find nebulous at times. Aldrin I find right in the middle of the two. Now Armstrong, I find most intresting. I thought it odd that Vice Pres Gore thanked him for his "silent service." I believe he has taken his oath of silence most literal, and it bothers him, which is why he has said very little about the subject, neither confirming oe denying Aldrins claims. Yes, I believe we have a great deal of disclosure.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I too think it is ridiculous that people don't take these astronauts remarks more serious.
If we had a more honest msm and the astronauts statements were on the front page instead of way in the back then people would really be calling for disclosure.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Essentially, [if you ask people to change their stance because of these people] you are asking if people should believe that other people believe something...

I can say that I believe that they believe something, but that doesn't change the opinion where I choose to believe something. So in other words, it means little of anything in proving or disproving the existence of alien life or even just that there are unexplained UFOs .

If you are asking people to actually change their own belief system, just because someone else feels a certain way... well, I think they call that religion.
edit on 16-10-2011 by boncho because: clarify

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Lithops

Yeah they should say stuff as it happens, ruin their career and be exposed to global ridicule, not to mention break their oaths/agreements with Nasa/Us govt.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I would not believe one word uttered from any of them.
They are all proven liars!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What seems kind of crazy is if more astronaut claims come out, then IMO that would reveal some truth to most if not all ET conspiracies with the government: Area 51, Grey Aliens, Roswell, Ancient Aliens, etc....

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I'm all for entertaining the stories of former astronauts and other people of established credibility.
I'm also all for having a nice close look at their bank balances before and after they came out of the closet to ensure that someone isn't paying them a decent bit o ducats to perpetuate the alien hoax.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
After all these years I highly doubt that the government would pursue any charges regarding disclosure in the case of ex-astronauts. Doing so would probably do more to hit the point home that they are telling something that they shouldn't be telling.

If however the government continues to do what they've been doing, which is paying no public attention to any of the astronauts' claims, people will tend to think that the astronauts' claims don't hold that much weight.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Dr. Edgar Mitchell reported that in 1997, he, Dr. Greer, and Commander Will Miller requested a "high level" appointment with intelligence officers at the Pentagon regarding their experiences and knowledge. They were granted the meeting. Dr. Mitchell reports that these intelligence officers confirmed that the experiences of Mitchell, Greer, and Miller were valid and that there had been an ongoing investigation and official denial of an alien presence. Supppossedly, this meeting at the Pentagon was the subject of denial. He reports this was because Special Access Programs (SAPs) cannot be admitted, not even by those with the necessary security clearance.

I find these story a little suspect, as why would Dr. Greer, a civilian with no known security clearance (that I'm aware of) or any "need to know," be allowed in a meeting with high-level Pentagon intelligence officers, told of the alien presence and why the need to keep it buried in special access programs. I also find it in stark contrast to the time the late Senator Barry Goldwater, also a Brigadier General, when requesting information regarding Roswell from the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, General Curtis Lemay, was cussed out by Lemay and told "never to ask him about this ever again."
edit on 16-10-2011 by Cosmic911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
because it's completely ignored by the media and when it is reported, it's tongue in check and with an air of ridicule.

we have been conditioned by propaganda to treat the possibility of extraterrestrial visiting earth with laughter and ridicule and if you are open to the possibility, membership in to the tin foil patrol.

no one want's to be associated with a bunch of people with tin foil on their heads. that's the genius of mass propaganda.

but of course, the u.s. learned from the best, reich minister of propaganda, nazi germany, joseph goebbels.

now it looks like people are more intelligent and are gradually chipping away decades of this b.s. and cover up.
edit on 16-10-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

I like your signature and agree with it. The problem is no one believes anything anyone says, because there is so much distrust in the world. Things are all backwards and upside down. Something has to change for people to start trusting each other again. Us ordinary folk can voice our opinions all we want, but until TPTB get their head out of their ass nothing will change. I wonder what Phage thinks about this thread. I for one believe in intelligent life elsewhere, but until I can see it with my own eyes, it will remain speculation.
edit on 16-10-2011 by PunchingBag80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pshea38
I would not believe one word uttered from any of them.
They are all proven liars!

Proven how? Just curious as how they have been debunked. I know in the case of Dr. Edgar Mitchell, NASA has simply said they do not share his opinions. I wouldn't exactly document this as proof that his is lying.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic911

Gordon Cooper, Edgar Mitchell, and Buzz Adrin have publically stated their belief that we have been visited by extraterrestrial entities.

Would like to see citations to this (Oh, I just saw the mention of a possible, if slightly illogical Pentagon briefing that Ed Mitchell attended that involved Dr. Greer...I agree that one sounds dubious, given what has come to light concerning Stephen Greer and his apparent falsehoods and deceptions).

I'd caution though, because it's easy to ascribe "they saw" to this, when in fact at most (from what I've been reading) the three you mention are relating either opinions based on assumption (i.e., it is certainly plausible, but not proven) or, in the case of Mitchell, although he has no personal sightings, he relates stories of what other (unnamed) people have told him.

Unless you have found something new?

edit on Sun 16 October 2011 by ProudBird because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProudBird

"Would like to see citations to this ."

There are multiple video-tapped interviews with all these men relating their stories....first hand testimony.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Actually you are supposed to believe anything and everything said by James O'berg. Which is essentially that all astronaut statements are lies, taken out of context or utterances of crazy men.....
edit on 16-10-2011 by Toxicsurf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join