It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can someone explain this photo?? Occupy Toronto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I found this picture from the Occupy Toronto Market Exchange photos posted on their facebook page as a link by a user.

Anyone know why they are using that particular hand sign?

Also if someone could embed the photo into the thread that would be great

UPDATE: turns out it's hand gesture to let the speaker know he's going off topic. Was just kind of creepy when I first saw it
edit on 16-10-2011 by Ghandi because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
looks like the jay-z diamond that is really a pyramid or something to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Do a Google image search for "Illuminati hand signs." Not saying that's what it is, but several of the pics show exactly that, including what appears to be an Obama speech or rally.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Im not sure but I think its one of the signs used in General Assemblies.
They use different signs to show who supports or opposes an idea etc... like voting with different forms of yes or no.

Or they try to summon Jesus or something lol

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by OblivionGate

That was my first instinct, I just wanted to see if anyone else caught it. Was anyone there that knows why they had the crowd making that particular hand gesture?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ColCurious

I've only seen that hand symbol twice in my life. Illuminati conspiracy videos, and Jay Z concerts

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

WTF?!?!?!?

I wonder what they think it means? I know what it means but they must be under the impression it means something else.

Someone higher-ups would definitely be getting a kick out of that. People like the Pope, old bastards with evil, old, deformed values and intentions.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Looks like an Illuminati pyramid hand sign to me.

Example:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Diamond hand signal: point of process: we have gotten off of the process.

From what i gather it seems this is a way for the general assembly to tell the speaker they have gone too far off on a tangent.

Watch this short video for an explanation of other hand signals during a general assembly.

Source

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If you take a traditional lesson in tae kwon-do that is the opening movement in the form you learn between brown and black belt. Kwang-Gae

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
That one right there, isss, i forget honestly, but i know what you're all thinking, haha.
Its used during the General Assembly, the one near me uses that one too, i forget the term they used though, maybe i have some info on it,

They use several hand jestures though, a 5 including that one, i think it means "wrap it up", ill remember it for next time for you guys. We here have a hot warm cold (each with a simple arm movement/finger gesture, and a cross of the arms means disagree completely, then the agenda point is redone with 3 arguments and 3 pros of said agenda point, and try again. It can be a long process, but it seems to work extremely well.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by xDeadcowx

Thanks for clearing that up

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
OK Freaks....School is in session...

1. Go here...occupyseattle.org...

2. Fast Forward to 4:25

3. Watch and Learn

4. Pull your head out of your asses

No Illumanitti, just a basic General Assembly hand sign for the auduence to give to communicate to a speaker in large groups. There are many....The link and video describe all the hand Signs for the Seattle Occupy Gathering.

PS Stay in school kids....& Learn to search on the internet for your self before throwing all your power out the window and posting on a forum to gravitate to the deliusional answer you want to agree with.LOL

Schools Out

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by MentalGiant

I didn't imply that it was anything at all, I asked ATS if anyone knew, turns out someone did, provided the source, case closed. Doesn't mean asking the question makes one a freak. You could have provided the same information without being an ass.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

No doubts it's an Illuminati hand-sign.

Perhaps the crowd in Canada was making that sign to criticize the elite, or perhaps these whole "occupy" movements are being created by the elite for speed up the NWO. In this last case, this may explain why Kanye West and other famous Illuminati stooges were spotted on OWS.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Thats what I posted above... but its more entertaining to come up with some space-jesus-demonology-bs of course

Here is a vid from the General Assembly of Occupy Toronto, starts at 8:40 and there are 6 parts of that video.

Seriously guys, it only took me a few minutes to research it... cut back on the tinfoil

edit on 16-10-2011 by ColCurious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Hey, Mr. Teacher.

I see two question marks in the title of the OP.

No need to be a #.
edit on 16-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

Agreed, but that doesn't mean you're not on to something.

www.taekwondo.org.au...

That symbol goes back at least a couple thousand years.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghandi

I KNOW what you really tried to do, and you do too. Your thread did not take off, you were shut down. People did not gravitate to your conspiracy attempt. I helped you out and your feelings got hurt.

Dont hate the player, hate your ignorance.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's also a hand gesture used in some forms of martial arts, namely when you reach a 'Master' state, everything you can see within the border of your hands represents what you know, with everything else outside your hands representing what you have yet to learn....

In this context it makes sense.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join