It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all POLICE / LEO on ATS and anyone else reading! Who do YOU choose!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
*For all Police officers, LEO or even regular ATS members. No bashing in this thread please, pretty please!

I am sitting here smiling today as I read the news of the protests spreading far and wide around the globe.

Whether every protestor understands why they are there or whether they are hardcore passionate about the issues at hand makes no difference. They are here and they are making their voices heard.

As police officers do you feel that sooner or later you are going to have to CHOOSE sides? The Portuguese military has stated (officially or unofficially) that they will back the protestors, in other words they will back the population over the GOVERNMENT.

Now as a police officer, or someone thinking of joining what do YOU do? Are you going to back your paymasters or back the PEOPLE, the same people you would be if you did not have a badge and gun. You also have families like us. Do you risk their lives? Or do you lay n your gun and badge and step over the line and rise up against these tyrannical governments.

YOU will have to make a decision soon. Maybe not today, or tomorrow but soon. And that decision will not be one that you can change. For if you act against the people that kind of betrayal does not go unnoticed.

So what do you do? Its a choice that is looming over your heads. Its very real and I have a feeling these protest are just the beginning of whats to come over the next 18 months.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Though I am not an officer, I found your thread compelling. I think that there will be many officers that will side with their families, and I guess I would be more concerned with those that will take advantage of the situation (crimes, looting, cointelpro), and officers having to make an informed decision on who is who, and who stands for what.

All in all, officers get their intelligence from higher authorities about what is going on. I would like to think that many would rely on what they see in their perspective areas before taking things to far. We have seen many atrocities in the past, and when the smoke clears, sometimes good cops can go bad, just based on what was told them by superiors, who later recant.

I have not lost hope in many of the officers out there that literally risk their lives everyday, I do not put them all into one scenario, and I understand that though many cops stand up for each other that there are a few out there that if they see any wrongdoing they will stand up.

Time will tell, and I think that time will be soon.

Peace, NRE.
S&F

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Time WILL tell as you say.

I just think that a lot of officers know they are not siding with the right side morally but are torn between that and a paycheck and not being outcast or worse.

I have a feeling that many police officers are in a difficult position. Turn against your own and suffer the consequences. Its their motto. It will take a few senior but brave ones to start the domino effect.

But choosing a side is going to be a reality very soon.

The Elites will give them an ultimatum stay loyal or pay the price. It will take many many officers to jump ship before we see the governments starting to become worried.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

The enlightened officers will go against their superiors and know that in the end they will protect the good no matter what it takes. If they get arrested for turning their backs, that just shows that their superiors are the one's that are in trouble.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unvarnished
reply to post by Six6Six

The enlightened officers will go against their superiors and know that in the end they will protect the good no matter what it takes. If they get arrested for turning their backs, that just shows that their superiors are the one's that are in trouble.

Lets hope you are correct sir.

Its getting close. So many police brutality video in the public eye now and add that to the uprising of protestors against bankers etc. Police are and should be seeing things need to change.

Maybe this is the New World Order, just not the one the Elites are pushing for. That would be cake in their face!!

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
My choice is to protect human life if that meant letting cars and buildings burn so be it they are usually insured and can be replaced.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

One can only hope. If the Portuguese Military can come out in support of protestor's and US War Veterans can come out and support protestor's. Only time will tell if the police begin to turn and go on the protesto'rs sides.

There are already Officers doing this elsewhere in the USA. Lets hope the rest of them will follow suit.

Cleveland Police bring supplies to Occupy Cleveland. NYPD needs to get a clue!

Occupy Cleveland
edit on 16-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem

Cleveland Police bring supplies to Occupy Cleveland. NYPD needs to get a clue!

Where was that quoted from please?

Link?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Forgot to post the link:

Posting has been edited.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think the answer to your question lies in whatever the reason/s are for a person becoming an officer in the first place.
There are those who genuinely believe they can "make a difference" and that thanks to their efforts the crime rate will actually drop, and the streets will become much safer for everyone. It's a shame in a way, but it usually doesn't take long for the reality to hit them dead on, and they end up quitting.
Then there are those who have spent some time in the military, and realize the pay earned for serving and possibly being severely maimed or killed for one's country, just isn't enough to raise a family on. They are in demand by police forces all over the country, especially in big cities with a high crime rate. They join up knowing the dangers involved, because they need a fairly good paying job with decent family benefits and a nice pension.
Many have combat experience, and have no illusions about making the streets safer, but will continue doing the job to the best of their ability until they reach retirement.
Now we have those also with military backgrounds, and if they join a police force, are just as "gung ho" behind the wheel of a police cruiser as they were behind the wheel of an armoured personel carrier. They love the power they can draw from a uniform and a weapon, in countries where life is cheap, and the sight of anyone in uniform is more than good enough reason for people to run and hide somewhere, as the police themselves are no more than armed thugs who find it easier to shoot someone, than write them a summons. These future cops come home with the feelings of power they enjoyed when overseas in some third world country, and when they leave the military for life as a civilian, the only jobs to be had in which the uniform and side arm can produce a similar sort of rush to the one they enjoyed when overseas. More than a few of this latter type of cop are cowards when out of uniform and not having a gun and a badge to hide behind. If and when called for crowd control, they are the cops you will see using their nightsticks to whale the tar out of defensless protestors. For some sick reason they seem to spend more time in beating up a woman than they do a man.
I'm not a cop, but I do know who I would be going after during a "riot". You can almost bet it was the latter of the cops I mentioned who turned a peaceful protest into a mass beatdown on the participents, and I'd be willing to bet that more than a few psychiatrists would find it interesting to interview those cops who could hardly wait to get home to their wives or girlfriends, that they could then release the perverted lust that built up whilst beating up a helpless woman as she lay on the ground, begging for her life!

top topics

join