It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portuguese military says "if people riot, it will side with them, not the government"!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Its sad that the united states wouldn't be the first to come out saying something like this. truely sad.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by PrecisionX

gee, why do you americans have to compete about EVERYTHING?

look, this is a planet, there is water, more water and some land masses, those are called continents, wich have several countries each.

thats it

not a friggin competition where america has to be #1 hoorah!

no wonder the world loves ya...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Wow, it is amazing how misinterpreted this was (blame the Portuguese natives, who should had understood the message in the article) - this is not about revolutions and coups (even though the "revolution" issue is briefly mentioned by the army spokesman). It is simply about the major military unions standing with the people against recent budget cuts enacted by the Portuguese govt in face of its debt crisis (and which have primarily hit public service and servants - where the army is included). The situation is complicated, yes; there have been demonstrations, yes - but revolutions are non-issues. Portugal is a stable western democracy - it is not Libya. What would a revolution do? Impose a Communist Dictatorship? Fascist?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
WOW! Portugal has a military? Why?

Seriously though. That is awesome and I wish I had the confidence that the US military would do the same, but alas, I do not. There would be some rank-and-file, but the upper leadership would side with the banksters and politicians hoping for a payday.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join