It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama on Occupy Wall Street

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

President Obama:
"I used up a lot of political capitol, and I have the dings and bruises to prove it, in order to make sure that we prevented a financial meltdown...and that banks stayed afloat. And that was the right thing to do. Because had we have seen a financial collapse, then the damage to the American economy would have been even worse. "

I'm completely lost for words, it was my understanding that even without a stimulus, unemployment in America would top out at just 8.8% — well below the 10.8% peak during the 1980's recession...nowhere near Depression-era unemployment levels, So just what is this "political capitol" he used up?

CBS News
President Obama on Thursday called the "Occupy Wall Street" protests a reflection of a "broad-based frustration about how our financial system works" and pledged to continue fighting to protect American consumers.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Just watching him answer that question made me laugh, hes so scared of answering the question and just says its a "broad frustration".. Hes in a big hole and I dont think hes going to get out of it in time for the election.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
1. First and Foremost:

Obama's 2008 Contributions (Please look at Goldman Sacs, J.P Morgan numbers)

www.opensecrets.org...

2. Many of the 99 probably are "We are Change" converts. Just imagine, the frustration that occurs when you're promised real change turns into just another day. Just imagine what it's like when you think that Obama was going to fix it all, but realize it would remain broken. I mean people literally were crying at his Campaign speeches. Crying.

There's a reason why the Democrats will try and hi jack the Occupy Movement... Nancy Pelosi "supports" the movement, Obama "understands" (for now) the movement. They will embrace it, to bring back the "We are Change" crowd. If successful, it will get Obama the win in 2012.

The Bailout was just another failure but not the only reason for why the masses are angry. People have been getting duped for the better part of a century (far longer elsewhere), and it finally took the invention of the World Wide Wed and Social Media to get everyone talking, opening their eyes, and finally acting (first with the Tea Party, then with the Occupy). You mix into that the End the Fed people, the truth movement(s), The Info War people, ATS, so on so forth, people are getting more awake, and pissed everyday, worldwide.

The fact that Obama received Millions from Wall Street should be a sign to the Occupy movement of where his cards fall....

If things keep going the way they are going, I do not doubt that the "internet kill switch" will be used to avoid a "terrorist" related event.

This is truly the era of Social Media driven revolution. The Main Stream News knows it, the powers that be know it, and we the people know it.
edit on 16-10-2011 by squidboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
That crap sounded like it came out of Bush's butt! My goodness!!! You can see which side the president works for. I mean, is that what a President's duties are....baby-sit the banks??? That answer was all about consuming, spending, and loaning; which is EXACTLY the reason why, America has gone BANKRUPT! There's too much consumption, too much spending and waaaaaaaay too much BORROWING! ah-duuuuuuh.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy
There's a reason why the Democrats will try and hi jack the Occupy Movement... Nancy Pelosi "supports" the movement, Obama "understands" (for now) the movement. They will embrace it, to bring back the "We are Change" crowd. If successful, it will get Obama the win in 2012.

I sincerely doubt that very much. I can honestly say, that I cannot remember the last time somebody had anything positive to say about him (outside the MSM) And now with Dr.Paul's vow for his 40k salary, I think that has won him over for 2012.

But its strange just how little we hear of the US financial crisis on TV here in Australia let alone the OWS.....And people wonder why occupy Sydney disbanded and failed epically. Too many distractions, too many people that don't care. There may be a feel of revolution in the air elsewhere, but here in Australia- people just dont feel it.
edit on 16-10-2011 by Griffo515 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
hah, of all things, he reminds us it could be...

"EVEN WORSE"

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Is it just me, or does he sound, and look like someone who is COMPLETLEY overwhelemed at this point?

To me, this was a "oh sheet" moment.
edit on 16-10-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Is it just me, or does he sound, and look like someone who is COMPLETLEY overwhelemed at this point?

You can literally see his stance change when she mentions OWS...to a "oh s*it, I was hoping she wouldn't bring that up" stance. His mouth opens and the BS just POURS out.

To me, he seems like a man who has lost a lot of sleep over this. His looks are beginning to show it as well.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

You can literally see his stance change when she mentions OWS...to a "oh s*it, I was hoping she wouldn't bring that up" stance. His mouth opens and the BS just POURS out.

To me, he seems like a man who has lost a lot of sleep over this. His looks are beginning to show it as well.

This is not the face of someone I want running our nation in this time of uncertainty. And by the look on his face, I dont think HE wants to be that guy either.

But the powers that be might have different plans.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I wonder how much was his soul worth?

Happy sleepless nights, Barry. You helped to loot this country and tossed the american populace into poverty.

There will be nothing left for those of us that are in the 18-34 demographic. Nothing left for our children. All because of the greed and apathy of the last two generations. He probably can't look Sasha and Malia in their eyes, the bastard.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo515

OP the unemployment numbers are cooked. We are well at 17% and climbing.

Democrats should be hit with rocks and bottles if they try to muscle their way into this. The people are pissed.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Most definitely. Where did that smooth eloquent spokesman go that we saw during his campaign....GONE GONE GONE

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pixiefyre

Most definitely. Where did that smooth eloquent spokesman go that we saw during his campaign....GONE GONE GONE

A puppet needs a hand to talk.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo515

I'm completely lost for words, it was my understanding that even without a stimulus, unemployment in America would top out at just 8.8% — well below the 10.8% peak during the 1980's recession...nowhere near Depression-era unemployment levels, So just what is this "political capitol" he used up?

Likely the truth is that it would have been far greater than 8.8%. The economy was in dive with no spending taking place. The large corporations who put a lot of the money into the economy were scaling back or holding off spending. Which was causing the economy to slow more resulting in even more spending cuts and layoffs. Something had to be done to increase demand. This is a demand driven economy that requires spending to take place.

Now, I don't know if he has any political capital, but I think he is in a better position than if we ignored the problem and let it continue to spiral down.

I am happy to see OWS getting more and more coverage. The corporate owned media(MSNBC, CNN, FOXNews, etc.) tried to suppress or limit coverage of the movement for quite a while. Most likely fearing the coverage would legitimize the movement. The fact that reporters are now talking to the president about the OWS grass roots movement means it's gaining traction.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I am constantly bothered by the diffuse, unfocused (intentional?) message that is portrayed by the OWS crowd.
The tentative support given by the progressive left tells me that the protests focus is/will be changed to support their agenda and not the original tenent of the OWS movement.
Hate the rich.
Redistribute the wealth.

Yeah. Not a whole lot there to get behind.
Now, make government smaller, end corruption? Yup. I would endorse that.

This world-wide protest? It's only going to turn ugly.

Beez

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
He Caused it his party caused it blamed on on everyone else 75 years of social engineering led us to this point and none in OWS apparently has any ideas how government or wall street works and i'm telling people now OWS is not what it seems.

3 years of Obama and nothings changed and they knew they couldn't change it so in the early planning stages when he was elected he planned and plotted and manipulated people to create OWS.

Seriously stop and think about that they knew there was no way to fix what's wrong because of those deritivave that housing mortgages where senators frank and dodd were sitting there going no no nothing to see here and the shtf and now the creation their puppet OWS is taking the heat of his and the lefts failures.

People are being played like a fiddle.
edit on 16-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
I am constantly bothered by the diffuse, unfocused (intentional?) message that is portrayed by the OWS crowd.
The tentative support given by the progressive left tells me that the protests focus is/will be changed to support their agenda and not the original tenent of the OWS movement.
Hate the rich.
Redistribute the wealth.

Yeah. Not a whole lot there to get behind.
Now, make government smaller, end corruption? Yup. I would endorse that.

This world-wide protest? It's only going to turn ugly.

Beez

Do you think the US will riot?

new topics

top topics

join