It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Square has been occupied! This needs to go Viral!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberether
you are damn right about voting for an idea not a movement , i think a lot of people are working to discredit ows sometime because that their job some other because they are following mass media trend .
If you go on liveleak you will see a lot of propaganda against ows , some of those guy are probably fake personna financed by black budget ,both way they fail so hard .
Some people rather mind their own business their own life , than to help other and see the real truth the bigger picture , i guess those people are going for a bumpy ride.

edit on 16-10-2011 by cyberether because: (no reason given)

And then there are those of us who dismiss it summarily because it is sponsored by Soros and friends. The protesters will not overthrow their King Soros or Obama like the Egyptians overthrew the pro-Western leader Mubarak...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shogu666

Originally posted by markymint
Now that woman over at Godlikeproductions is running a smear campaign against the Occupy movement. Saying they're all hippy scum yet you wouldn't think that of the folk at her forums, would you...

Anyway, I just enjoyed reading this favorable article from the British perspective (link below). Keep on Occupying!

www.bbc.co.uk...

I was banned permanently from GLP over disagreeing with trinity over OWS , it must be very important agenda for CIA, GOV and banks for OWS to be portrayed as such.

Do you think the Establishment would ever have any qualms about running down its own constituents regardless of party affiliation?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

When they use force? Dont make me laugh, the second they use "force" is the second they beat to death.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
These little protests aren't going to do anything, little banners and flag waving will never change anything, once people take arms and malitias are formed, then maybe you will see change, until then they will just sit back and watch and things will carry on as usual.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
These little protests aren't going to do anything, little banners and flag waving will never change anything, once people take arms and malitias are formed, then maybe you will see change, until then they will just sit back and watch and things will carry on as usual.

Oh nonsense! It regulates a movement, provides much time for talk and awareness, shows they care, got our attention, will last long in memories, and had a good critical weight towards the scene, and most amazingly, doesn't really end when the protest is over. The thought is more powerful than the blueprint, and the blueprint is more important than the building ... Emerson ... it can mode out evil perspectives and wash it with an over-powerful solution. Eventually, peaceful protests can aquire aims that convince people to stop pulling triggers.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
All this occupy crap is useless, the people in power are just sittin back in there chairs watching on a nice TV and laughing at you all because they aren't going to give you a damn thing. If you want something, your going to have to take it. I say start dragging everyone responsible out of their offices and start hanging people if you really want some answers/solutions.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Just the fact that people are there... and talking and sharing ideas.
The fact that these protests include people who are both conservative and liberal.... both democrats and republicans.... all UNITED against greed and corruption.

That is a massive statement.

I agree that these protests may have to step up at some point and things may have to get nasty, but for now... this is a start and all movements need a start,,, an inception.

Don't be cynical.... this just might be it.

It might not be too.
edit on 16/10/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
well the MM can try to say it was just a few as much as they want, thats a lot of people.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by 1947flxible

The MSM have constantly lied about this....

This could be it.

If everyone just went out and sat outside the financial districts of the world.... literally... millions of people, then they would get anything they demanded.

People have the power to change anything they want.

They just don't realise it.

Or they sit and mock others for trying to do it.

Shame really.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

ordo ab chao. typical.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Create a Problem (Financial System)

Solicit a Reaction (Mass Protests, encouraged by U.N. (whois 15october.net)

Impose the Solution A new order with a carbon credit scheme instead of money.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Come November or December its not going to be too cozy sleeping in a tent downtown NY. I'm curious to see how many start packing up when it gets cold.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackhatchet
Create a Problem (Financial System)

Solicit a Reaction (Mass Protests, encouraged by U.N. (whois 15october.net)

Impose the Solution A new order with a carbon credit scheme instead of money.

Deny Ignorance.

Deny Ignorance

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by HazyChestNutz

I'm curious if TRL was being shot at the time. Is that show still on MTV? Sorry, I'm a little past the MTV years.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by JustXeno

Do you even know what Capitalism is?

Capitalism doesn't force you to do anything. Other than make of yourself what you will.

Hmmm. I know how capitalism affects me and my family if we are trying to make this about emotions.

I work as many hours as I can, I pay my bills, feed and clothe my children, and guess what there isn't a lot left after that. I have no debts. No credit card, No outstanding loans, No HP agreements.

I've not had a pay rise in 3 years, the big boss has had 5 to 10% rise in each of those 3 years.

Your parents having to flee the country of their origin, People do what they have to do to survive, hats off to them they left cuba and provided a better life for their son. The people that are protesting want exactly what your parents wanted for you, a fairer system and a chance to thrive for their children.

edit on 16-10-2011 by JustXeno because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I thought this thread deserved this little victory:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Whilst I support these protests by the people I have to wonder are they prepared to sleep out in their tents during a harsh New York winter that is only weeks away?

Wall Street will look down from their warn cosy offices laughing their socks off at the people protesting in the freezing cold below.

These protests should have started in the spring, and maybe by now something may have happened or the protests could have moved up a gear.

I fear that the movement will end in the next few weeks when tempatures reach -10 below.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluloa
Whilst I support these protests by the people I have to wonder are they prepared to sleep out in their tents during a harsh New York winter that is only weeks away?

Wall Street will look down from their warn cosy offices laughing their socks off at the people protesting in the freezing cold below.

These protests should have started in the spring, and maybe by now something may have happened or the protests could have moved up a gear.

I fear that the movement will end in the next few weeks when tempatures reach -10 below.

Good point! I hope it doesn't end.

But in all honesty, I think the wave has come to the US and if people are serious enough, this will be hard to stop...

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Gab1159

Well there's something you do not see often.

Was that before or after the arrests?

Still there is one Officer out there who might believe in what they are doing

edit on 16-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by Gab1159

Well there's something you do not see often.

Was that before or after the arrests?

Still there is one Officer out there who might believe in what they are doing

edit on 16-10-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

I have no idea, though I know it happened once the cops started to trap people in...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join