It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edger caycy pridicts Japanese tsunami and soon to be in East coast America

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by futuredude

I am not sure that I believe all of his predictions. I do know that a lot of them have been true. I also know that a lot of people have respect for who he was and what he tried to do for his fellow man.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

No #, I realy like it when know it alls like you start with correcting spelling, next time I need a spell checked i will let you know, Inbetween time make sure you don't make any mistakes Instien.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

You can also make fun of my spelling, I don't always get it rite. If you get sick I hope you find a good money grubbing M,D. that fixes you up real good so he can pay his bookie.
I'll take a NaturalPath any time. Physician heal thy self. Better watch those Xrays too, they still don't know about those, seems solar flares change the rate of decay.Whatch out.
Yea by the way I only made it to third grade what's you excuse.

edit on 16-10-2011 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Regardless of what you say Cayce was not on a ego trip or out to get rich. You do a disservice to those that he did really help, and you know nothing of what he was about or what he was doing.You maybe on your little ego trip as to how smart you are or clever. I will assume you don't know anything of the occult or Akashic records or such.You may say all this is fake, but that is not what the scientist are saying in recent test, refuring to randon number test for one.
Cayce never bragged about who or what he was, he never tried to get rich off people, he was a humble man, something I'm sure you know nothing of.

And by the way it was my understanding that as long as what was being related, here at ATS as long as the post was understood that was good enough, and it is feeble attempt to condemn someones spelling, grammar or quotations marks. I'm sure you never make any such mistakes, now make sure you don't.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by googolplex

Sometimes a mistake does not look like a mistake. In this case it looks like you hit the nail on the head. It is all about profiteering.

If you get sick I hope you find a good money grubbing M,D. that fixes you up real good so he can pay his bookie.

At least there is a chance of survival unlike seeing a quack homeopath that sells expensive water. You can go see the naturopath. I choose a real doctor.

Better watch those Xrays too, they still don't know about those, seems solar flares change the rate of decay.Whatch out.

Watch out for what? X-rays have been understood for over a century. Solar activity MAY change the rate of decay. The latter has nothing to do with what is being discussed.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Regardless of what you say Cayce was not on a ego trip or out to get rich. You do a disservice to those that he did really help, and you know nothing of what he was about or what he was doing.You maybe on your little ego trip as to how smart you are or clever. I will assume you don't know anything of the occult or Akashic records or such.You may say all this is fake, but that is not what the scientist are saying in recent test, refuring to randon number test for one.

Cayce spent a lot of time getting into public awareness. So please don't pretend he was not on an ego trip. He was a performer. I don't do anyone a disservice by pointing out he was a performer that made up a lot of stories. His groupies helped create more tales of success.

Scientists saying what about random tests? Are you referring to the case where a few people claim that random number generators are no longer random at arbitrarily selected times where the analytical methods are not being revealed?

You can assume anything you want. You already have about Cayce.

Cayce never bragged about who or what he was, he never tried to get rich off people, he was a humble man, something I'm sure you know nothing of.

He was a performer that got his name into the papers. He wrote books. He was a celebrity. Where do you get off being duped into thinking he was humble.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I agree that there are quacks, but not just in the fields you spoke of but in the real Doctor field also, and the reason I brought up the X-rays is because most Doctors don't even know what they are dealing with.
I have seem real Doctors write people off , and then seen them cured but what you call quacks.

You say they have know for 100 years what X-rays are, I don't think so, X the unknown, X-rays cause cancer leukemia to be more specific. The Doctors of togay are still in the stone age, and run by big BIg Pharm and MOney.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You would probably say Jesus Christ was looking for fame.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Edger is a nutcase.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
A prophet? No. Lots of words linked together to mean anything in the future. Same as Nostrodamus. Uh... did I spell that right?

A real prophet is not wrong in his / her predictions. If they are wrong then that just makes them guess makers. Granted some guess better than others. But some day if I ever meet one of those really good guess makers, we are going shopping together for LOTO tickets.!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by googolplex

Cayce has been proven to be the greatest profit to have ever lived..

Greatest profit..

Yeah, People are still profiting of this guy.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

The existence of quacks in any field does not taint the entire field. For example, an auto mechanic that adds unnecessary additional work to a repair does not mean all mechanics do that.

I definitely disagree that doctors do not know what they are dealing with in terms of x-rays.

Cured by quacks? No. There are cases albeit rare that people appear to spontaneously cure. Just because the person visited a quack does not mean that the quack was helpful. Human systems are complex. That is why studies are not done as case studies anymore.

You say they have know for 100 years what X-rays are, I don't think so

X-Rays were discovered by Roentgen in 1895. That was over 115 years ago.

X the unknown, X-rays cause cancer leukemia to be more specific.

X-rays are associated with a number of diseases. They are also used in a number of diagnostic devices. X-rays are also used in radiation therapy. There is risk associated with x-rays. It depends on how much is received. Different diagnostic devices deliver different amounts of radiation. X-rays are not linked to a particular type of cancer. The link to cancers is based on epidemiological studies of large numbers of people.

The Doctors of togay are still in the stone age, and run by big BIg Pharm and MOney.

That is simply not true. Doctors today can diagnose and treat a large number of illnesses that used to be killers. They have access to a wide range of tools including drugs. Like anyone else they work to earn a living.

None of this has any bearing on Cayce. He or his followers make their healing claims based on anecdotal evidence.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You would probably say Jesus Christ was looking for fame.

The discussion is about Cayce. It is about how this claim of a hit on the Japanese quake is laughable.

Back in Cayce's time and even today there are frauds that claim that large areas of land could fall into the sea. That is what Cayce is stating in this so-called prophecy. That doesn't happen. It can't happen. At best there could be a land slide. Land slides such as the Storegga slide are not as large an event as claimed by Cayce and others.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

You don't believe in nothing, it shows in y your signature, Cayce was not out to trick, rob people, he was a good God fearing man.
I you trying to discredit Cayce, what he was attempting is not a easy process, but in regard to is Medical Advice, readings, by Medical researchers it is reported to be from 85 to 90% correct.
And in your saying the things I brought up have no bearing on Cayce, you called him a fake, all I am saying is that the M.D.s of today don't know all that much, as they think they do.
Just because you discover something does not mean you understand it, that is one of the reasons the excess use of X-rays gave so many people cancer in the 60s and 70s. And it was only of late they found the rate of radioactive decay was changed by solar activity. They think they discovered Dark Matter what 40 years ago, they still don't even know if it really exist, much less what it is.
The same as with what Cayce was attempting to do, little is know as to how it really works.It's like trying to peek behind the curtain, you might get a peek but it does not mean you know what you have seen.
Do they understand the Lymph system, why were they still removing peoples Tonsils what 35 years ago.

A friend of my was diagnosed was cancer of the pancreas, a biopsy was done, he was scheduled for surgery,. His insurance was giving him problems and his surgery was postponed. I said Oh good, when they cut him open they could find no cancer, I ask the surgery where the cancer went he said he did not know, I didn't bother to tell him.

Edgar's son's believed in him everyone is not liers and cheats, if someone has not experienced something theirself it is had to believe in it.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

You don't believe in nothing, it shows in y your signature

Correct English is "You don't believe in anything."

Second, my signature does not state that at all. It states that people should have the sense to separate out the nonsense from plausible, the wheat from the chaff, the ridiculous from the feasible.

Cayce was a person that claimed to heal. Did he? No. He made predictions such as the one in the OP. That prediction does not match the event.

The fact that Cayce could not heal people has no bearing on the fact that Cayce was a failure in predictions. Those are separate failures. Pointing out that doctors today can't do everything, and they actually have successes unlike Cayce, then how can you defend a failure like Cayce?

You have the x-rays and radioactive decay and dark matter all confused. Fortunately it has no bearing on the failures of Cayce. If you think your confusions on these issues in any way supports Cayce you are again mistaken. Then you toss in a case study. Case studies are no longer used in medicine and haven't been for a long time. I've already told you that. You might want to learn that yourself. Your anecdote is the sort of thing that is used to prop up Cayce.

Edgar's son's believed in him everyone is not liers and cheats, if someone has not experienced something theirself it is had to believe in it.

So it was a family business. That has no bearing on Cayce. The problem is that his weird stories have not panned out. His prophecies are failures.

The attempted match up of a Cayce wild story and the Japan quake is a failure. They do not match up.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

so what is your point

It is quite clear that your post is nothing more than a snarkey ad hominem.

Cayce was a hoaxer or a self deluded individual at best. His so-called prophecies reveal his limited understanding of the world such as claims that continents would be submerged. His diagnoses were feeble at best and rarely correct. His medical advice such as using the linings of rabbits fur sound more like a recipe granny might cook up on the Beverly Hillbillies than anything else.

why were they still removing peoples Tonsils what 35 years ago.

It's still common today. If you don't know why then do a little reading and learn something.

Part of the problem of these types of claims is that they were written before plate tectonics was developed. The discovery of related fossils across oceans led to the idea of land bridges to provide a solution. The lemur fossils led to the suggestion of a land bridge called Lemuria. With the development of plate tectonics that land bridge was no longer needed. Bathymetric data of the Indian Ocean shows no evidence for a land bridge. Yet land bridges persist. Another property that was learned was isostacy. This describes how the continents are "buoyant" on the crust. This is also why continents cannot sink into the oceans, or California or Japan fall into the ocean. What Cayce describes is not what he "saw" in his dreams rather he describes events based on idesa of his day that did not stand the test of time.
edit on 17-10-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

While many years ago, the practice in some parts of the world was to remove tonsils at an early age for the sake of it, nowadays such practice has been abandoned in Westernised countries (and other places), and tonsillectomy is now only done if there is clinical need.
I don't know of anyone nowadays doing this.

And I don't know what you mean but if you have all these anecdotes you should use them and maybe you could be like Cayce and help cure people.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

And I don't know what you mean but if you have all these anecdotes you should use them and maybe you could be like Cayce and help cure people.

Your continued efforts to misrepresent what I write speaks worlds about you. I have not posted any anecdotes. You have, not I.

tonsillectomy is now only done if there is clinical need.

Thanks for clarifying your position. Tonsillectomies have been done for clinical reasons for thousands of years.

emedicine.medscape.com...

Although tonsillectomy is performed less often than it once was, it is still among the most common surgical procedures performed in children in the United States. In 1959, 1.4 million tonsillectomies were performed in the United States. This number had dropped to 260,000 by 1987, when it was the 24th most common indication for hospital admission. Indications have evolved from being primarily related to infections to being more commonly caused by obstruction.

These operations have not been done for the sake of it.

None of this has anything to do with the failure of Cayce when it comes to predictions, nor does any of t hislend any support whatsoever to claims made about his healings.
edit on 17-10-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join