It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I had been deceived - My visit to an OWS protest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
So you just now get it ? Don't listen to propaganda machine ? Duh is all I have to say.
Oh and, better late than never .

SnF

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Isn't that precisely what you, I, neo, 3rd eye, projectvxn, and countless others in this site are doing? Are we not using our own power of speech to convince people to act?

Power on a conspiracy site? ha

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ParkerCramer

neo needs no one to explain his ideas for him and he is quite capable of doing so himself, however, I cannot resist jumping in and clarifying anyway.

I cannot speak for neo, but have read enough of his posts to feel confident enough to tell you that neo is only suggesting that you be free and do what you must to lawfully flourish and prosper.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama

Isn't that precisely what you, I, neo, 3rd eye, projectvxn, and countless others in this site are doing? Are we not using our own power of speech to convince people to act?

Power on a conspiracy site? ha

No, using a conspiracy site to advocate personal power. Can you understand the difference?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Interesting, however, when a soldier enters the field of battle, they are only exposed to those events within that ONE SOLDIERS sensory effective range. He may be unaware of the aerial battle just over the hill, the 400 of his comrades that just got wiped out with one straffing run by aircraft, or the reason for the orders to that particular battle.

Just because you were in the thick of it does not mean you had the ability to be aware the mind-set of the organizers, the particulars of the protesters that were at that location 5 hours before you were there or 5 hours after you were there. You witnessed a microscopic space and time slice because of the effective range of your sensors.

You may have been deceived, by your own sensory inputs. Maybe not. Believe nothing of what you hear and nothing of what you see except when looking back at the past that has been purified by absolute truth.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

What if some people dont want change, then what ? This is a question.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

neo needs no one to explain his ideas for him and he is quite capable of doing so himself, however, I cannot resist jumping in and clarifying anyway.

I cannot speak for neo, but have read enough of his posts to feel confident enough to tell you that neo is only suggesting that you be free and do what you must to lawfully flourish and prosper.

with no regards for the lesser of us............those who's circumstances prevent them from enjoying the american dream?

do you have children?? at what age did you ask them to leave? go, "be free and do what you must to lawfully flourish and prosper."

Parker
MTUBY
edit on 15-10-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
The reaction to OWS around here is only a little surprising, and confirms what I've long suspected about many conspiracy theorists: you're such fatalistic, spineless, whiners. You come to ATS and hear people complain about the Illuminati and NWO, etc. etc. People around here espouse the belief that the world is controlled by a rich few while the vast majority of humanity is quietly subjugated, quite literally 1% vs 99%

And that takes us to the OWS. Right here at ATS the same crowd that supposedly believes the above are fractured at best on their view of OWS. Some are for it, some are against it. But those who are against OWS so often invoke abject hopelessness for change as reason to not participate. These are the conspiracy theorists that say to themselves and others something like, "it doesn't matter, it's not gonna change anything, this is just what they want you to think/do, sheeple."

This fatalistic, impotent, self-defeating, self-pitying worldview is pathetic. Even if you do not believe in OWS, get off your behinds and affect some real change in some area of the world/life that you truly believe in...or just stay sitting at your computer, alone in a dimly lit room while you whine to perfect strangers on the internet.
edit on 15-10-2011 by Threadfall because: grammar

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Glad you went to see for yourself. The crowd here in Cleveland grows on the weekends, shrinks during the weekdays. It's still peaceful and a mixed bag of folk and opinions as well though.

We still have Tea Party folk attending even.

I believe that I'm a lot like you though in the sense that there are forces trying to infiltrate the movement and spin it politically. Both sides of the aisle are playing the game. The TP'ers were fractured when some accepted funding from the Koch Bros. The same is starting to happen with the OWS'ers, at least in the larger cities. I'm hearing it amongst the people. They fear it as well and feel the overall message against corporate/gov't cronyism will be lost.

The message is still mixed though with everyone vying for position, wanting their voice to be heard.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
If what you say is true then the protest is about real life as it's been forever (there will always be the poor, even jesus said that 2000 years ago) and therefore the protest is totally pointless.

Thanks for proving its pointlessness.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

For millions of American's who use to invest there is no financial investment vehicle out there at the moment that use to deliwver the returns as they once did there is nothing once upon a time a person could throw hundred thousand in a money market and earn around 6% compounded and live off it and they could invest as much as they wanted to the system doesn't do that for many anymore and that is by design.

Small business creates over 80% of long term and new jobs government has strangled both small business and wall street investment that has push opportunities elsewhere in the world. The rise in china is because of this but it's also due to something more people are not considering educational levels is one and the other is the greatest market for explosive growth.

To put it simple jobs go to where the money is and that means wealth creation we have become a consumer nation whether or not that is by design or stupid policies which i prefer to think it's stupid policies that have made the world what we know today.

If people want jobs two things have to happen they can't have their cakes and eat it to something has to give people scream how bad they have it here but all anyone has to do is look how bad others have it and they have it that way because of what i call their own greed there wants and desires and made it that way.

As long as the American gets what they want screw other people pretty messed up its a combination of all the above people need to stop crying take a good look at what they have and stop obsessing about what others have.

The only way to lift people up is to shrink the beast of government and to restore a free market to what is it suppose to be absence of interference from the governent you do that it's all gravy from that point. This country has more people consuming than producing and the government is too big to fail and it's life blood is the taxpaying citizen in a sense they have cut their own throats and people are going yes more please.

The people have a revenue problem so by extension that means the government has there is only one solution and taking every dime from wall street will not solve anything.

Take that whatever way you want don't have to agree with any of that most of the time people tell me i have no idea of what i am talking about.

edit on 15-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

with no regards for the lesser of us............those who's circunstances prevent them from enjoying the american dream? do you have children?? at what age did you ask them to leave? go, "be free and do what you must to lawfully flourish and prosper."

The only reason to regret your actions is because they harmed another. Harming another, outside of defense, is not lawful. If you feel guilty about something, then fix that which is making you feel guilty. It really is that simple.

You begin teaching your children from birth, even if it seems they cannot understand you, about their power and the great responsibility that comes with it. My little boy loves Spiderman and has since he was only two years old. I always stressed the importance of great power and great responsibility. His mother and I were constantly fighting over too many issues and it was so bad we had to separate for our sakes, and most importantly for my little boy's sake.

Of course, he couldn't understand this. So, when I tried to explain to him - at four years old - that I was doing what had to be done he interrupted me and said:

"No! What about power? What about 'sponsibility?"

He may not have understood the politics and dynamics of a failing relationship between a man and a woman, but he sure as hell understood responsibility and power.

I continue, as best I can, to teach him these values. It is my responsibility. Parenting is not about housing little people and feeding them, it is about preparing them for the cold cruel world they will undoubtedly face.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think it would be worth while to occupy Fox, CBS, ABC, CNN news building. Tell them we are fed up with all the lies and corruptions and they should start telling the truth!!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I don't understand why some people are waiting for a list of demands. I don't think this is rocket science, people want the Constitution followed. For starters, that means removing the "Fed" from power. They are the foundation of the "Sickness" America has endured for nearly a century. Wall Street is their base, where the real power lies and where the corruption gets its start. Washington is just the sewer. This is going to get violent eventually. These people are completely addicted to power and material wealth. They can never get enough and they will never self-police. It seems to me when enough normal people can't provide for themselves or their families TSWHTF or sooner if their jack boots piss off enough people.

America will survive and prosper.

Amen

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

For millions of American's who use to invest there is no financial investment vehicle out there at the moment that use to deliever the returns as they once did there is nothing once upon a time a person could through hundred thousand in a money market and earn around 6% compounded and live off it and they could invest as much as they wanted to the system doesn't do that for many anymore and that is by design.

Small business creates over 80% of long term and new jobs government has strangled both small business and wall street investment that has push opportunities elsewhere in the world. The rise in china is because of this but it's also due to something more people are not considering educational levels is one and the other is the greatest market for explosive growth.

To put it simple jobs go to where the money is and that means wealth creation we have become a consumer nation whether or not that is by design or stupid policies which i prefer to think it's stupid policies that have made the world what we know today.

If people want jobs two things have to happen they can't have their cakes and eat it to something has to give people scream how bad they have it here but all anyone has to do is look how bad others have it and they have it that way because of what i call their own greed there wants and desires and made it that way.

As long as the American gets what they want screw other people pretty messed up its a combination of all the above people need to stop crying take a good look at what they have and stop obsessing about what others have.

The only way to lift people up is to shrink the beast of government and to restore a free market to what is it suppose to be absence of interference from the governent you do that it's all gravy from that point. This country has more people consuming than producing and the government is too big to fail and it's life blood is the taxpaying citizen in a sense they have cut their own throats and people are going yes more please.

The people have a revenue problem so by extension that means the government has there is only one solution and taking every dime from wall street will not solve anything.

Take that whatever way you want don't have to agree with any of that most of the time people tell me i have no idea of what i am talking about.

I really tried to make an effort to understand your post...........but i am at a loss.

are you suggesting that because government got to big (regulations) this is the reason that you cant make money in the market today????

if so, have you considered the effects of derivatives, junk bonds, commodities speculation, futures............these things that are virtually under or unregulated, and hold NO production value, require no market, no labor, provide nothing for consumption, meaning they do not create jobs..............................this is what we need more of??
just trust the wall street/big banks/big business to regulate themselves??

if you do, then man...........................we are all going to need your avatar costume soon.

Parker
MTUBY

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I am unable to post a new post, however this is breaking news if someone could please create a new post.

www.youtube.com...

Protest at a Citi bank where 25 Citi bank customers walked into the bank to close their accounts, the bank refused and were all arrested. People need to act now and move your money to credit unions or take out cash as an emergency fund. I see this turning really bad way before the November 5th protest of "Bank Transfer Day".

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alchemst7
I think it would be worth while to occupy Fox, CBS, ABC, CNN news building. Tell them we are fed up with all the lies and corruptions and they should start telling the truth!!

Great idea,, while your at it they should start writing in to the GLP web sight, when you go over there, you should see the bunk there saying about the occupiers, then when you write something showing how that is a lie, they just Ban you, then make up another lie, and start another thread,, I have never seen so many paid shills for the Banks,, Its amazing how much trouble the banks go through to get there message out.. even if its a lie!!!!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I continue, as best I can, to teach him these values. It is my responsibility. Parenting is not about housing little people and feeding them, it is about preparing them for the cold cruel world they will undoubtedly face.

well said, and I commend you for teaching your son how the world really works.............................but, do you believe that every child is prepared at exactly the same age??

why would you believe that every person has the exact same opportunity?

just a opinion...............maybe that cold cruel world is because for so many generations we have been what about me, me, me........................maybe its time to consider others, along with ourselves??

Parker
MTUBY

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

That right there is why i usually keep my posts short

are you suggesting that because government got to big (regulations) this is the reason that you cant make money in the market today????

Yes

if so, have you considered the effects of derivatives, junk bonds, commodities speculation, futures............these things that are virtually under or unregulated, and hold NO production value, require no market, no labor, provide nothing for consumption, meaning they do not create jobs..............................this is what we need more of??

None of that could have gone on without the permission of the government wall street is a pool of money but it's not just any pool of money the more people in the more it makes and the more those people make.

just trust the wall street/big banks/big business to regulate themselves??

What has all those regulations done have they stopped the Madoffs,Enrons,Leiman Brothers,Aig's etc. ?

No the only thing they do is much like the police clean up after the fact there is no amount of regulation that will stop it the only thing that does is make it to where they take more risk.

In government i trust? No
In people i trust? No
In Wall Street i trust ? No

All investment is Risk for Reward all government is No risk get reward.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

What a way to say what I think many feel,especially with those who have children.

Your words ring so true............

Thank You.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join