It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Montana Tea Party Leader Axed Over Comments Concerning Hanging Of Homosexuals

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by projectvxn

I'm sure all tea party members aren't racist, but they sure do have a segment that is highly racist. This founder is a perfect example.

Groups are made up of individuals. No matter how innocent or sincere you are or think you are - - you will be judged by your leaders.

Guilt by Association.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

I'm sure all tea party members aren't racist, but they sure do have a segment that is highly racist. This founder is a perfect example.

Groups are made up of individuals. No matter how innocent or sincere you are or think you are - - you will be judged by your leaders.

Guilt by Association.

I shall save this post when Sorros, SEIU, Sharpton and a host of other vile people have established their hold on the OWS movement............

Talk about hijacking? LoL OWS was in record time.............that is unless it was engineered.........

Anyway, as i said........remember what you say, for it shall come back to haunt you

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Try walking in my shoes for a day read the posts that are replied to me and tell me then i have the same rights as anyone else on here and everyone is free to take or leave what i say.

People also create their own realities.

Two people under the same circumstance - - - one will sour like a lemon - - one will make lemonade.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
I shall save this post when Sorros, SEIU, Sharpton and a host of other vile people have established their hold on the OWS movement............

Talk about hijacking? LoL OWS was in record time.............that is unless it was engineered.........

Anyway, as i said........remember what you say, for it shall come back to haunt you

Tell me how a movement with no clear leader - agenda - or plan.

Did not set themselves up as an open door opportunity - - - to acquire leaders they did not choose.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

people cannot avoid having a bias, true. but you more often than not tarnish your respectable, though different than mine, viewpoint by feigning innocence.

but, as I pointed out: you know what you are doing is wrong.

muddying arguments is your speciality.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Did not set themselves up as an open door opportunity - - - to acquire leaders they did not choose.

and you dont see the parallels in this post............hmmmm

besides that fact, even if they DIDNT have anyone "leading" it proves further more that they are disorganized and doomed to fail.............

But youre wrong, sadly............they do have leaders........and i mentioned them in my above post
edit on 15-10-2011 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Guilt by Association.

You mean collective punishment.

Guilt by association is how collectivists punish people they don't like.

That philosophy has killed many people in collectivist countries.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The tea party sure looks racist to me. It is a mostly white movement and they are big on anglo-saxon values. I knew a Mexican American who try to join the Tea Party and he didn't feel welcome and they thought he was there to spy on them.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chopper
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

The tea party sure looks racist to me. It is a mostly white movement and they are big on anglo-saxon values. I knew a Mexican American who try to join the Tea Party and he didn't feel welcome and they thought he was there to spy on them.

LoL oh wow...........this is complete bunk........

Hmm apparently never seen a TP gathering in Arizona, Texas, Nevada or California have ya

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why any man would give a damn about who another man sleeps with is beyond my grasp (unless they are sleeping with the mans spouse). Are the Tea party folks THAT insecure?
If it doesn't harm you or the environment.. who cares?

Why any political movement would have a man whose views are as such as a leader makes me think the TP's are idiots.
You don't think the TP was unaware this man felt this way, now do you?
They knew the man.....they knew what he was about....they just didn't know he was foolish enough to open his mouth and say it on camera.

Which speaks volumes about the professionalism of the TP movement.

The party wants to run the country, but they don't have enough sense to screen the people that lead the party?

Great. Another half as**d movement, full of deception and fakery.

I tell you this.. they sure as hell don't represent me... I have enough sense to take a long hard look at anyone I support.

Deny ignorance folks... and to follow that man is ignorant.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Never had to deal with these kinds of characters in Carson City when I went to the TPM rallies.
Maybe the concept is a bit alien to me. Maybe it's just a cultural part of a segment of the country
that find these kinds of idiots.

Unfortunately, I think it's becoming clear that the idiots are making their way to the top of the party. This movement (which I supported when it started, by the way) has been and is continuing to be, hi-jacked by idiots from the conservative-leaning segment of our society. And because the Tea Party (supposedly) doesn't have a "leader", every Tom, Dick and Sarah, who could never make it in the real political world, wants that position.

But here, in Nevada, my Libertarian paradise, I don't find much of this crap. I suppose I am fortunate.

That's good. I don't, by ANY means, think that all Tea Party supporters are racist. I believe that the majority of them are good people who want a change for our country. But a few rotten apples can spoil the whole thing, especially politically.

However, one man's racism, or two, or 100, is no reason for me not to support the Tea Party and what they stand for.

Absolutely agree. There are racists in every group... every political party.

I still have a concern that the Tea Party leadership (and some members) may silently harbor racist and intolerant positions. Of course, they wouldn't put that on their website.
The way I see it, the TP is made up of all sorts of people from all political corners, right? Well, one of those corners is a racist segment. Are these the same people who are making their way into leadership positions with the party? It's possible.

From my experience, most people who harbor racist or other intolerant positions don't even know or believe that they're racist or bigoted. They say things like, "I don't think blacks should marry outside their race, but I wouldn't support hanging them, if they did. See? I'm not racist!"

That's exactly the problem. There's a void at the top and scoundrels are clamoring to fill it. Just my suspicion. It's sad, too, because the idea of a grassroots movement to change the country was so exciting! But we knew long ago that it was snatched up by the GOP as soon as it showed promise.

Interesting Video Here - Is the Tea Party Racist?

Why was there no Tea Party during the George Bush years? Was the Tea Party a response to a black president?

edit on 10/15/2011 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well Mr Ravndal made a bigotted comment, and he obviously meant it. It is shame, but then again not a surprise that people with that mentality exist. But hey, he apologized (regardless of whether we feel he meant it or not) and he was eventually ousted by his own fellow tea partiers. So atleast most of the tea partiers in his group took the initiative to speak out against this, so I commend them for that. I may not agree with tea partiers on things, many things, but you are going to get individuals such as Mr Ravndal in a movement, and tea partiers took a stand and spoke out against Ravndals comments. They got rid of him. A step in the right direction.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Tea Party leader murdered for practicing free-speech? Yes what he said is ignorant and completely wrong, but murdering someone for their words is even wronger.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

Pardon, but the OPs titled used the term 'AXED' as in FIRED. Not murdered.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

You mean collective punishment.

Guilt by association is how collectivists punish people they don't like.

That philosophy has killed many people in collectivist countries.

NO!

I mean exactly what I said.

If the leader of a group is racist and homophobic - - - - the group as a whole is guilty by association. Despite what any individual thinks.

Reputation is earned. It is not assumed. Once a reputation is tarnished - - there will always be doubt. It is very difficult to clean a tarnished reputation.

Several leaders of the Tea Party - - have tarnished the Tea Party by their actions and words.

They represent you - - whether you like it or not.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Ahh guilt by association.

Such an interesting concept.

So I guess I'm racist and I hate gays now.

I think it works both ways.

Alan West-black man-Elected to congress in 2010 by a district that is 96% white and conservative. A Tea Party candidate.

Marco Rubio, a Cuban- elected to the Senate in 2010 by a wide margin by a district that is 64% white. A Tea Party candidate.

There are currently 38 Black Tea Party Republicans Running Against Obama & the Democrats

Yep...We're all a bunch of racists.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Yep...We're all a bunch of racists.

So childish.

I never said that.

link   

Originally posted by HauntWok

Of course you know the TEA Party defenders will be out saying "Oh this is just one person and not representative of the TEA Party Movement as a whole." when in reality it probably is very representative of the TEA Party as a whole and the reality is that non racial, or non homophobia/xenophobia is the rarity.

If your dad or mom made a racist or a homophobic comment on television or anywhere for the public to hear. Would you still agree with the same logic that you use in your example? You never had a friend who did something you didn't like so you stopped being friends with them? Obama is the POTUS and I voted for him but he sure as heck doesn't represent me....I've never even met the guy.... So one guy says something controversial and everyone affiliated with said guy is guilty also...very collective thinking you got going on there...just saying.

link   
The article and facebook post are from 2010, just to let you know.

Originally posted by neo96
I just got yelled at in another thread for what people are doing here painting an entire party on the action of a few individuals oh my what a double standard indeed.
Yes, talk about the double standards when they do it, but ignore it when the people who agree with you do it. No ones going to take you seriously if you aren't atleast somewhat consistent.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Guilt by association right?

Thinking people don't think that way.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join