It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hey "OWS" wake up!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Most of the "OWS" folks don't have a clearly defined message. It's a shame really the we cannot unite as one and fix our country. I would agree that Corporations have become greedy and screw over we the people. How did this happen?

In 1787 the several states created a federal government to ensure that all states were equally protected from invasion and trade amongst them was fare. It provided a means for a basis of all laws stemming from a constitution that most agreed seemed to be the best for we the people.

Thus the federal government was born. Things went well for a couple of years then the Bank of the united States came to be. It was chartered for 20 years and by the end of its charter it had messed things up so bad the federal government refused to re-charter it.

Several years pass enter the Second bank of the united States this bank too was chartered for 20 years. It was also allowed to expire. Why?

Because the people were suffering because of the banks greed and the corruption of the federal government it fostered. It's been said that one of the last things President Andrew Jackson said was, "I killed the bank"

In 1913 the federal government created the federal reserve system. Keep in mind that all 3 central banking schemes were pushed by the Rothchilds and the bank of England. Those whom are awake know what I am talking about. If you don't I suggest you research it. Because it is the number 1 source of the economic problems we have had.

Government also created corporations and have allowed them to become so large that in essence they have taken control of the government away from we the people. The dollar is king and politicians are the king's whores. ( you can quote me on that one ).

Until OWS gets the message that we have to return to the founding principles of this nation they will never succeed.

Albert Einstein said, " The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome. "

I agree that the mega rich corporations are a problem but protesting them will not change anything.

We have to find the source of the problem.

I firmly believe that it's 1) a federal government that has become out of touch with the people and has refused to be governed by the supreme law of the land. The uS Constitution. 2) A corrupt financial system propped up by arrogance and greed.

If we can fix the first one the second will be fixed soon thereafter.

edit on 15-10-2011 by SWCCFAN because: add yt videos

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by SWCCFAN

I firmly believe that it's 1) a federal government that has become out of touch with the people and has refused to be governed by the supreme law of the land. The uS Constitution. 2) A corrupt financial system propped up by arrogance and greed.

so when you say "hey OWS, wake up!"
what you mean is "hey OWS, i pretty much agree with all of you"
?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Until OWS gets the message that we have to return to the founding principles of this nation they will never succeed.

Albert Einstein said, " The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting a different outcome. "

Would not, as per the above quote, "returning to the founding principles" be "doing the same thing over again" and thus be insane?

I'm not at all against the idea, but the quoted section seemed to contradict itself, and I wondered if it was intentional by you, or just the way it happened to strike me.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

The problems have been around for a long time! However we the people have done little to attempt to fix it.

The Federal Reserve is a problem and Government protects them, so are you awake yet?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by decepticonLaura

When you have people that want the Government to provide them with anything and everything, I don't agree with that.

We are all created equal some chose dependence on others while most provide for themselves and others. I will admit that the Elite of the world are the exception and will be held to account for their actions soon enough.

If Government would govern under the constitution we would have very few issues with corporations. Until all are bound by the Constitution for the united States we will not be free to prosper.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I believe in a return to the founding principles as a base line. One which allows you to experiment with other ideas/policies and either accepts or rejects them. And twenty year moratorium sounds good as well, probably should be even less time.

If you can't prove a new policy or law in Government works in ten years, then it needs to be revoked.

I can't tell you how many times I have listened to people say such and such a law or idea should be passed.

And I'll ask them, "But if that doesn't work...What's Plan B?" Their response...

They have no clue. They're just invested in the one idea. And we all have seen politicians defend failed policies all to many times, on both sides of the aisle.

When was the last time we have heard a Pol say, "I'm sorry, I screwed up."? I'm talking about policy issues not personal conduct.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

No because it worked until We the People let our guard down and allowed things to spiral out of control. I took an oath and by God I intend on keeping it.

Those who seek to nullify the Constitution for something else are traitors.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

No because it worked until We the People let our guard down and allowed things to spiral out of control. I took an oath and by God I intend on keeping it.

Those who seek to nullify the Constitution for something else are traitors.

Like I said in another post.

Americans are gullible. Its like getting the same gift at Christmas................Just different packaging. IE; Presidential Hopefuls,proxy wars,etc........................

Stay true.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

When you have people that want the Government to provide them with anything and everything, I don't agree with that.

As opposed to corporations that want the government to provide them with anything and everything?

IRM

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

As opposed to corporations that want the government to provide them with anything and everything?

IRM

Well,Government makes the Laws,that Govern People and Businesses. The protesters are protesting the wrong institutions. Why there isnt 10 million marching on Washington,where the real Bankers sleep,is what I question..............

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Corporations are made up with people and since its has been declared that a corporation is equal to a person my statement applies equally as well.

top topics

join