It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video Shows Violent Confrontation Between 2 Customers, Cashier At Manhattan McDonald’s

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

How is this video racist? It documents an actual event that happened.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   
First of all it was self defense, Once she hit him and came over the counter and her friend walked around the counter they got what they deserved.

Secondly, He was NOT a convicted murder. He was convicted of manslaughter......not murder.

He paid for the crime and served his time for it so to me it is a non issue.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Fishticon84

Well I'm torn here... I feel for people who have served their time for crimes and are literally out there taking jobs at McDonalds where most of the unemployed in America today would turn their noses up at that opportunity... SOMEBODY'S gotta serve up them Bic Macs! On the other hand I certainly agree with you that McDonalds could care less about it's customers. My exhusbands family own a ton of land and cattle is a majority of their living, they tell us a story one day of taking their sickest, cancer stricken cattle down together for sale cause McDonalds will buy ANYTHING to make those hamburgers they've served over a million to... ewww ... haven't eaten another one since.. stick with the chicken... I guess??

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by gougitousakusha
i do not see any problem with the initial use of the pipe, if he had of stopped once they where down id call it self defense, but after soo many swings its obvious he was just pissed... probably cause them dumb ***** where going to have him sent back to jail for protecting himself.
edit on 15-10-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

they deserved everything they got. this man needs needs some other help besides more jail time.
edit on 15-10-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

Yeah...the bonus bops while they were down is what is going to get him more jail time.

He's lucky he didn't kill one of them.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
it sounds easy to stop hitting once someone is down .. However in such situations the adrenaline levels jump making it harder to just stop .
Fight or Flight syndrome - everyone has it and under stress or threat everyone reacts differently .. But as most here have never been in a life-threatening situation or even many physical fights can understand why they think its something you can just turn off and on at will.
Seen it far too many times over the years in many places.. He was reacting instinctively to the threat.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by josh2009s

he's better of claiming insanity

he's 1 of those people that gets an idea and carries it out were as the majority of humans think of the consequences .. when a guy like that says im gonna # ing kill you he actually means he's going to do his level best to end your life..

some people dont realise that other people do intend to carry out what they are thinking.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Is James Brady gonna have to smack a !%@$#?

Seriously, if anyone I didn't know smacked me like that, they would be going to the hospital.

That said, this convicted murderer obviously shouldn't have been let out of prison, for the simple fact that it's only been 10-11 years. Proves my point again - technical crimes can get you more time than murder. So sad.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
A lot of people here are saying this was self defence. I find that very strange.

Self defence would have been punching the women in the stomach or face and getting them down on the ground, not beating them senseless with a pole.

When someone pushes you or hits you in public do you punch them back and fight like a normal person or do you pull out a Taurus Judge and blow their head clean off?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh2009s
This, however, is not McIntosh's first violent assault. In 2000, he was arrested and found guilty of murdering his classmate.

11 years later, if he had served his time and not committed further crimes of a similar nature, and had been gainfully employed... you dont state these things, but your title insinuates a definite situation.

Without facts on all sides it's one sided.

More like McDonalds employee might be a violent retarded tosser, but then lots of people are.

2000... man, bring up the situation for that case so we can compare, not just state it as fact and let everyone assume he was a violent murderer at the time... he might have been, and all, but you leave it to US to do the work.

11 years ago I was a different person I know that.. crap, I had a life then.. You title implies he's a career criminal, yet only provides one side.

It's not my job to learn about it, if you decide to bring it up one sided.

edit on 15/10/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

Like me saying 1 = 5, huh maths, who can trust it...

but giving a link that states 1 + 4 = 5..

You know we need more than 1 side.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
That guy deserves a medal for his actions. No reason for those women to be behind the counter. They were the aggressors. How was he to know if they were armed and what they were going to do? The guys gets a weapon charge...laughable. What if he beat them with the fry basket? I guess that would be considered a weapon also?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

have you ever been in a fight ? have you ever had multiple people attack you at the same time ? He reacted instinctively as anyone would in such a situation.. Once the adrenaline kicks in - which it does in such situations its not something that just shuts off at will even happens with professional soldiers and fighters.
I've seen soldiers kick the brains out of an opponant on the battlefield - after the person was down and no longer a threat .. Due to the adrenaline and stress he kept kicking till the skull was pulp and the brains flowed out. Even seen similar things in streetfights.
Its survival instinct everyone has it and everyone is capable of it even those who are "civilised" will react when faced with a threat to life and limb. You cant hold instinctive reaction against a person.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by josh2009s
This, however, is not McIntosh's first violent assault. In 2000, he was arrested and found guilty of murdering his classmate.

11 years later, if he had served his time and not committed further crimes of a similar nature, and had been gainfully employed... you dont state these things, but your title insinuates a definite situation.

Without facts on all sides it's one sided.

More like McDonalds employee might be a violent retarded tosser, but then lots of people are.

2000... man, bring up the situation for that case so we can compare, not just state it as fact and let everyone assume he was a violent murderer at the time... he might have been, and all, but you leave it to US to do the work.

11 years ago I was a different person I know that.. crap, I had a life then.. You title implies he's a career criminal, yet only provides one side.

It's not my job to learn about it, if you decide to bring it up one sided.

Like me saying 1 = 5, huh maths, who can trust it...

but giving a link that states 1 + 4 = 5..

You know we need more than 1 side.

I'm going to do my best to respond to your horrible grammar and incomplete sentences that make little sense. First, I am not here to do biographies of scum murderers. Second, my title does show a "definite situation." McDonald's Hires Murderer Who Brutally Attacks Two Female Customers. Let me spell it out for you since you seem to be having a tough time wrapping your mind around it.

McDonald's hired a convicted murderer. That Murderer attacked two female customers. You still following? If so, there is no need for me to continue typing. If not, I'm sorry.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I was finally able to watch the video and I am sorry to break the news to some of you....

THIS IS NOT SELF DEFENSE

So what is self defense in the eyes of the law?

Generally a person may use reasonable force when it appears reasonably necessary to prevent an impending injury. A person using force in self-defense should use only so much force as is required to repel the attack. Nondeadly force can be used to repel either a nondeadly attack or a deadly attack. Deadly Force may be used to fend off an attacker who is using deadly force but may not be used to repel an attacker who is not using deadly force.

Source

Now... at the point this man picked up a pole, that became deadly force to repel a nondeadly attack. Slapping someone in the face and coming at them with your fist, is not a deadly attack. Had this employee punched these girls straight in the mouth, that would be self defense. However that is NOT what happens here. After Girl A strikes the employee, he retreats and grabs a weapon.

Now one can still argue at that point that he did grab a weapon, it was still self defense. For all he knew it is completely reasonable to think they could possibly be armed. However once these girls were hit and on the ground, there was no longer any imminent threat to the employee at all. He had successfully defended himself and eliminated the threat to his person. However, his attack did not stop there. You can hear people yelling to stop as he continues to beat these women. It is at this point that "defending himself" no longer applies. It was at this point that he became the assailant and he broke the law.

These "ladies" (and I use that term very VERY loosely) clearly deserved to smacked around a bit, in my opinion they asked for it, but this man crossed the line from defending himself and being an attacker.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

I've been in fights before but all of them were with weapons (ninjutsu) in a controlled environment where we were taught to fight till the opponent is down and not to continue beating him after that.

Instinct may be different for different people. I could not see myself knocking out a guy with nunchakus and then continuing to smash his head with them after his was down.

Even most of the MMA fighters know when to stop without interference from the ref.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I think the two females got just what they deserved.
You DON'T go over the counter at a business for any reason and go after the employees.

I would have laid into them too if i had been working there.
These days you just don't know what someone will do.

As for the guy the cops just are looking for a cheap arrest.

The guy may get off anyway because in most cases they can not bring up criminal history during the trial phase only during sentencing.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
It's about time people start learning they can't talk crap and instigate to employees and get away with it. I would've done the same thing. Sad thing is with this guys background and the fact that good ol' sexist america is against hitting women no matter what, he's probably gonna end up doing some hard time.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Dojo and ring nothing like combat or real world . No refs , no rules just survival. Instinct rules us all whether or not we admit it and the instinct to survive is a strong one..
Everyone reacts differently - even seen people totally freeze up and not be able to do a thing in such situations no two people are the same and no one can predict how someone will act in face of danger..

Hope making sense my english is rusty and its been a long day here..

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
On one hand people say that criminals need to be rehabilitated.

On the other hand you are not supposed to hire criminals.
edit on 15-10-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Try going in the police station, slapping the desk sergeant and then jumping over the counter.

You would have about forty six bullet holes in you. Only the first one would truly count as self defense. The pigs would get medals, probably.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
If you don't want to be burned, don't light a fire and put your hand in it.

If someone is looking for confrontation, they will eventually find someone who doesn't give a bleep and will bring the pain...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join