It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Agenda To Include Eliminating 5 Govt. Departments & He Will Take $39k Presidential Salar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LucidReality

I think that despite Paul's anti establishment message he has always kept one foot in the establishment. He isn't trying to overthrow the government....he's running as a republican, he never believed in any 911 conspiracies and he never labels people as corrupt or evil. He talks as if the fed and Bush and the insiders are incompetent or greedy rather than flat out corrupt. Schiff is the same way. Instead of saying our government did 911 or the banksters are stealing from us and want to overthrow the government he looks at history and assumes we are simply making mistakes as other powerful nations have in the past - in foreign policy, central economic planning and expanding centralized government. So if there are some elites that planned 911 or are trying to bankrupt the country Paul is not a threat to them because he blames everything on a failing government rather than specific corrupt elites. Maybe there is an 'understanding' between him and them. After all, he's not exactly the most sexy voice for a revolution. Most people think he's a bit kooky. Might as well have him leading the anti-establishment charge then a younger, more charismatic person...is what the elite might be thinking.

And hey, maybe after the elites are through bleeding the country dry Paul's ideas may emerge in a new, free society once again. We can hope.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm voting for Ron Paul, his 1 trillion dollar cut in spending + zero income tax is better than cain's 999 anyday.

Some of you are over thinking it with the whole 'they're allowing him to run' idea. That the media is ignoring him in a sense but still give him time, well duh they give him time, they have to keep up the appearance of being fair while sticking to their agenda, and that is exactly how the majority of the population soaks it up.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

if you have read or studied RP at all , you would know that is just his plan, all 5 you listed plus he would get us out of Iraq and Afghanistan. He has my vote. if not on ballet then as a write in.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
I'm voting for Ron Paul, his 1 trillion dollar cut in spending + zero income tax is better than cain's 999 anyday.

Some of you are over thinking it with the whole 'they're allowing him to run' idea. That the media is ignoring him in a sense but still give him time, well duh they give him time, they have to keep up the appearance of being fair while sticking to their agenda, and that is exactly how the majority of the population soaks it up.

But, why was it allowed to escalate that far in the first place? Why do they need to keep up the appearance of being fair to him, when they could have just very well not let him become known in the first place? It seems like an awful lot of work when they could have just stopped it back in the 80's...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Wow, this is enough to bring a tear to your eye. Who would've thought a politician capable of taking a pay cut?!

Just another reason to elect Ron Paul to represent We the People in the Oval Office.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

"While Ron Paul may not win the nomination..."

Note in your own news link how the writer is claiming that ronn paul wont win.

And how they know that? as if Cain will win

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

They didn't think Ron Paul could get anywhere in 2007 when he first started running, when he opened a can of worms on America (exposing the fed and wanting to end the wars + 9/11 was due to our flawed foreign policies) he actually won the phone text poll, that was before he had a DEEP following so it really showed how America was really liking what he was saying. They immediately discredited that phone-text-poll and knew at then and there that he was a danger to the establishment. There is tons of proof of the media ignoring him, blacking him out, giving him labels like fringe, extremist, isolationist, kooky uncle, unelectable, etc...

Do you REALLY think that they would do that if their agenda was for him to win? come on...be real with yourself here.

I mean, what are you really trying to imply here? is it how some on ATS try to imply that he is too good to be true? a puppet raised by TPTB to be an unwavering constitutional politician, live an honest life, stay married to his wife for decades, fight the fed for 30 years, lose 2 presidential campaigns JUST so that he could win it in 2012 and destroy America? He barely even runs his own campaign...you'd think if the elites wanted him to win, he'd be the most well funded but funny he is funded for the most part by individual Americans making small donations to his campaign.

You can't fake principle and honesty forever, it'll eventually slip up and it shows for the candidates that don't actually believe all of what they're preaching.

edit on 15-10-2011 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

They didn't think Ron Paul could get anywhere in 2007 when he first started running, when he opened a can of worms on America (exposing the fed and wanting to end the wars + 9/11 was due to our flawed foreign policies) he actually won the phone text poll, that was before he had a DEEP following so it really showed how America was really liking what he was saying. They immediately discredited that phone-text-poll and knew at then and there that he was a danger to the establishment. There is tons of proof of the media ignoring him, blacking him out, giving him labels like fringe, extremist, isolationist, kooky uncle, unelectable, etc...

Do you REALLY think that they would do that if their agenda was for him to win? come on...be real with yourself here.

I mean, what are you really trying to imply here? is it how some on ATS try to imply that he is too good to be true? a puppet raised by TPTB to be an unwavering constitutional politician, live an honest life, stay married to his wife for decades, fight the fed for 30 years, lose 2 presidential campaigns JUST so that he could win it in 2012 and destroy America? He barely even runs his own campaign...you'd think if the elites wanted him to win, he'd be the most well funded but funny he is funded for the most part by individual Americans making small donations to his campaign.

I am not implying anything. I am simply explaining why I have a lack of trust. I don't know anything for sure, but, I do know that he has been saying the same thing since the 1980's, not 2007. Not only has been on radio, public broadcast, local and national news, but he has been serving in congress over and over and over and over, while continuing to have this platform. Go back to the early 90-2000's and watch him in front of the congress on C-Span. Surely, they are smart enough to think "Somebody is going to understand this soon..." Go back to when Bush Sr. was in office, and Paul was on public access television explaining the New World Order. Surely, there were smart enough to realize "People are going to eventually support this guy..."

Do I think he is a puppet? I don't know. Do I think he just got lucky and has managed to slide through all these years? I don't know. Do I trust 100% that everything is kosher? No.

I just can't imagine ANYONE who spends their terms in congress wanting the complete opposite and wanting to expose the global elite, the ability to remain there, term after term, when all it would take is a quick manipulation of the vote, or a small amount of propaganda. Again it's a simple issue of trust, I want to trust him, but, the pieces just don't fit.

edit on 15-10-2011 by LucidReality because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by LucidReality because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Think you can trust him because his message has been the same since day dot. Don't fall for the impostors that come from no where and sound like they will do more for example Obama and Cain and the other candidates they are playing on the fact that oh well they bought that up they must be for us. They are not for you they are full of it they are trying to trick you into believing they are the one.

You also say the media don't silence him no of course not they just avoid mentioning his name in poll results even when he comes third they mention 4th place and don't mention him there are plenty of vids from Fox and so on to show this. Just because they let him speak doesn't mean they back him they are just trying to look like they give you both sides when in fact they give you their thoughts to get you to think the same way.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Also worth mentioning is the fact that Ron Paul fought to block Congressional pay raises and that he refuses to take money from the Congressional pension system which he calls "immoral".

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Ron is too good. If I was American he would definitely have my vote!

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DonaldIvory

Actually on the contrary, Paul seems to already been down the rabbit hole...take a look at these videos of him back in the day where he discusses the power elite and its influence and control on society.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Thanks for posting this, ModernAcademia.

This is the proof that I've needed to reassure me that Dr. Paul is as genuine about his convictions as he says he is.

ALL government employees/public servants should be making the same amount of money as the average American. Being in politics isn't supposed to be about the salary, benefits, and powerful connections.

Dr. Paul's dedication to rejecting traditional greedy politics would lead to much change. REAL change.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

He didn't manage to 'slip by' he is known on the hill to be Dr. No/the Maverick/ what have you because he often stands alone against pretty much the rest of D.C. as they violate our constitution.

Example:
Congress wanted to use federal funds to honor Mother Theresa with an award but Ron Paul was the only one to vote against it. What was his reasoning for such travesty? He said he respects her as much as everybody else but these things shouldn't come from the tax payer, and that he was happy to pitch in with the rest of congress to fund this award. Guess what? nobody agreed, they all looked at him like he was crazy for actually wanting to do the right thing.

It is little things like this that make Ron Paul a human being, not just a politician but one that IS the little guy, one that PROTECTS the little guys like you and me. There is no awkward conspiracy, its just a man that does what he believes in and nothing else. Why is that so hard to accept? people like this do exist, most just aren't courageous enough to do it for as long as Ron Paul has.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

You have no idea how happy I am to see you say that.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
to all the people that say he'll get assassinated when elected.... this isnt 1963. with the explosion of internet forums and such, tptb cant use the same jfk tactics they did back then. think about it, since 911 routine drills are observed very closely for fear of another false flag, theres alot more people awake to this then you think. And if he did get assassinated i forsee an instant civil war. It will be obvious it was them.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
There are quite a few problems with Ron Paul winning. One, he does not have the support of Republicans due to certain initiatives Paul supports that the Republican Party does not....such as auditing the Fed. Two, he does not have the support of any Democrats. Unlike Cain, with a National Sales Tax proposal, and Romney, with his healthcare overhaul. So, if Ron Paul wins, and keeps his promise of repealing Executive Order powers, what will he actually accomplish? From what I can tell, outside of a few common interests such as bringing jobs back to the US that have been outsourced to countries like India, I can't imagine he is going to rally Congressional support on the majority of his plan....such as ending the wars in the Middle East immediately.

A President with great ideas but no power to actually accomplish any of them doesn't do us much good. Although, given what the current President and past President has accomplished, maybe no action is better at this point, but it would maintain the status quo which the majority of Americans are not in support of either.

Lastly, with the current MSM blackout of Paul, that shows no signs of letting up, there is no way to reach the majority of Americans. While ATS members realize the purpose of MSM is simply to lead people in the direction of the agenda, the majority do not. We live in a fishbowl on ATS and need to realize that we are the minority.

If you really want Paul to win, I would suggest flooding Twitter, Facebook with eons of Paul ideas, commentary, video etc. While we may, as a community, scoff at such trivial, self-centered communication vehicles, you have to go where the voters are and, like it or not, that's where they are.

I believe twenty-something's would support Paul if they better understood his message. One of the problems is that a lot of that age group really doesn't understand the Fed Reserve and therefore see no value in auditing it. Paul, in my opinion, doesn't fit the mold of either party and could garner widespread support for that fact alone. However, until someone can figure out how to explain his plan to those under thirty-five in terms they can understand, and find a way to by-pass the MSM blackout, there's no way he is going to get on the ballot.

Keep in mind, the upcoming generations, X and Y, are largely "me" generations. Get them to understand what Paul wants and how it directly benefits them, and you have a movement. As seen in the Arab Spring, the OWS protests, and London protests, the people protesting tend to be under thirty-five or so and are looking to buck the system, looking for major changes, looking for something different. Paul may be the answer to that....the fringe candidate if you will.....if only they knew it. Once you got their support, I believe it would be a whole new race in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Did you just do a cartwheel?

What's that? Change we can believe in!

(Anyways, this blows Obama's "WTF" campaign slogan out of the water!)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Oh what a great idea

just what we needed

MORE people losing their jobs

edit on 15-10-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Considering that Ron Paul is a millionaire, he hardly needs the 39k a year. 39k a year is his lunch money, or his parking meter money. He can even donate it to local churches or something and he probably would. He seems like a good candidate for president, unless he is the anti-christ in disguise but we will never know that. What the hell, he can't do worse than Obama, vote him in. And just because i don;t like Obama doesn't mean i am racist, I like Hermen Caine and im a 3rd party voter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join