It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul's Agenda To Include Eliminating 5 Govt. Departments & He Will Take $39k Presidential Salar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by KilrathiLG

My guess would be....

1. The Department of Agriculture
2. The Department of Education
3. The Enviormental Protection Agency
4. The T.S.A.
5. The D.E.A.

Five of the Worst Offenders of Wasteful Goverment Spending .
edit on 14-10-2011 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

Get rid of the EPA... then tell your grandchildren you were a brainwashed fool. SERIOUSLY?? Get rid of the EPA?? Do you have any idea the environmental crisis we're in?? The EPA doesn't do NEARLY ENOUGH.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
to all the people that say he'll get assassinated when elected.... this isnt 1963. with the explosion of internet forums and such, tptb cant use the same jfk tactics they did back then. think about it, since 911 routine drills are observed very closely for fear of another false flag, theres alot more people awake to this then you think. And if he did get assassinated i forsee an instant civil war. It will be obvious it was them.

Right. Nowadays we replace "Lee Harvey Oswald" with "OBL" and the sheep still fall for it...

Dont be so quick to pat the backs of the people that still are not awake. Propaganda is a very powerful weapon, though I do tend to agree with you on the civil war thing (excepting of course the obvious oxymoron of no war being civil)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

My guess would be....

4. The T.S.A.
5. The D.E.A.

Get rid of the EPA... then tell your grandchildren you were a brainwashed fool. SERIOUSLY?? Get rid of the EPA?? Do you have any idea the environmental crisis we're in?? The EPA doesn't do NEARLY ENOUGH.

The EPA does NOTHING to prevent or to protect the environment. It is staffed by lobbyists from the very industries that it is to regulate, just like the FDA.

That is NOT to say that the environment is not important, because it is...HUGELY. Its just that special interests have taken over and the only "green" they care about is the color of money.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Although I absolutley LOVE this I hate to be the bearer of bad news. The irony in this is that it is unconstitutional for Dr. Paul to take less than $400,000 a year. Article 2 of the US Constitution states...

"The President shall, at stated Times, receive for his Services, a Compensation, which shall neither be increased nor diminished during the Period for which he shall have been elected, and he shall not receive within that Period any other Emolument from the United States, or any of them.

So he can donate the rest if he wants to, but he has no choice but to take the $400,000, unless of course Congress changes the law to suit Dr. Pauls salary wishes, and then it would in fact be constitutional. If that does happen then the next President after Dr. Paul would have to get it changed back, but what if Congress chooses not to? In my opinion the 5 departments he will try to abolish are as follows....

1) Dept. of Education
2) Dept. of Labor
3) EPA
4) Dept. of Transportation
5) DHS

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I am a strong supporter of Dr. Paul and have been for years.
Unfortunately I don't believe the Repubs will allow him to get the nomination because he doesn't support THEIR agenda, you might say he's too far to the right for them. He's a libertarian at heart.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoHierarchy

My guess would be....

4. The T.S.A.
5. The D.E.A.

Why is it always asumed that because someone wants to abolish something at the federal ;evel that they don't want the service(s) to be performed at all????? The EPA is unconstitutional, because it is NOT one of the enumerated powers found in Article 1, Section 8. I want the EPA to be abolished.... AT THE FEDERAL LEVEL. Who can manage the environment better... the individual state or a centralized federal beurocracy? The individual states, as stated in the 10th amendment, have the authority and should regualte their own environmental issues. Just because the EPA is gone, doesn't mean that people will start dumping paint thinner in the nations rivers. Let the states handle it. The same logic can be applied to the Dept. of Education, and pretty much any and all other federal agencies/departments.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
ron paul, job killer

lol, great campaign strategy

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

It's not the governments job to employ people. Why would you want to employ people who aren't needed? You would be a very bad business owner.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well if we leave the history up to the folks who wrote it before he will go down in history as a joke.

But if we the people write it, then he will be remembered forever.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Put it this way, If he wins?

Is he just going to turn around and do the opposite like the other POTUS?
Promises, Promises...

Either put up or shut up.

Is he just saying that just to get elected?

If he wins....he dies....at some point. He knows this, and knows it will let the people finally know that we are not in control and that any time somebody has the people's best interests at heart, they end up being assassinated to keep the power with the current controllers.

People will have to wake up then and he will have made the ultimate sacrifice. He is old....he knows this is a great possibility. I'm pretty sure he's 100% content with it though.

I just hope he can find a way to stay alive and make it so if they did try and kill him , it would be so obvious as to who ordered it that everything would be in the open.
edit on 15-10-2011 by LucidDreamer85 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Presidents create new executive orders all the time that only takes their signature.
Dr. Paul could easily write an executive order stating that all future presidential incomes must be no higher than the average middle class salary in the US.

Or, Dr. Paul could simply take the $400,000 and donate $360,000 to worthy causes.

edit on 15-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I applaud Ron Paul for being the only candidate that I know of suggesting cutting back our government and the wasteful spending in our government. I have not heard of any similar plan from any other candidate. It's always we need to cut back what we are giving the people via entitlements or we need to increase taxes. Cutting back government spending would strenghten the value of the dollar and increase the chances that we may actually get our debt situation under control one day. Just imagine if the value of the dollar went up dramatically, oil and gas prices would drop dramatically providing a big windfall for Americans which would boost economic growth. Cutting back government is a growth booster even though some jobs are lost in the short term.

I would actually like to see the need for long term unemployed government workers needing re-education training to work in private industry rather than former industry workers needing new training because of government policies that caused manufacturing to be outsourced. The US is still the biggest manufacturer in the world even though many on ATS seem to not know that. Government policies I believe led to a lot of outsourcing. I believe Ron Paul would help promote growth in the US. I got a letter from his campaign stating that he is a strong supporter of right to work laws instead of forcing employees to pay a union boss whether they want to or not.

I'm still undecided in who I will vote for so I hope others start seeing Ron Paul as a viable candidate for President.
This country needs radical change and the government needs change the most in my opinion. We need to cut back spending everywhere it's not needed and boost growth. Obama is going the opposite direction.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Well, I'm sure the IRS is #1 on his list.

Unfortunately, a salary of $40,000 is going throw a shockwave through congress. I'm sure Paul wouldn't live through the year. In any case, this is the most promises I think I've heard a president make. If he fails, he'll go down as the worse politician in history.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

... eliminating five governmental departments, cutting one trillion dollars in spending

That's HUGE!!!!

Just imagine ... actual change

Gimmie a break.

Did you read which departments he would like to cut?

The five departments that would be abolished are the Departments of Education, Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Interior. However, while the departments would be eliminated, the plan would be to roll certain functions into other departments. For example, the Department of Education would be done away with but pell grant programs would be phased in somewhere else.

This is just a minor reorganization plan nothing more nothing less.

The title of your thread should read. Ron Paul plans on reorganizing the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Here's a real eye opener for you.

Here is the A - Z index of all US government agencies and departments.

www.usa.gov...
edit on 15-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Ever heard the saying "too good to be true"? That keeps playing in my head whenever i agree with yet another thing Dr Paul says. Is this for real? What's the catch?

I guess we would have to wait and see, but there's a nagging little tug in my stomach that just won't go away and I can't place my finger on it, I really hope that he's the real deal... but.....

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If you click on the link the op provided the 5 departments he is proposing to abolish include the following:
the Departments of Education, Energy, Housing and Urban Development, Commerce and Interior.

While the departments would be abolished, many of the functions would be rolled over into other existing departments. This is cutting back government like the corporate world did over a decade ago to employees. I'm now doing the work of a few employees working in my present job. We made what we do more efficient and cut out things that did not need to be done. The government seriously needs to do this as well. We can't afford it as a country. Ron Paul understands that I believe. Stating that he will be assasinated or that he doesn't stand a chance is just negative thinking. Vote for change instead of being one of the naysayers. It's one of the easiest things regular Americans can do rather than keep complaining about losing jobs overseas and high gas prices, etc. etc. If you don't think change is needed in this country vote for one of the regular politicians. It's your right to keep the status quo and vote for more of the same if that's what you want.

Even if Ron Paul gets elected and succeeds in cutting half of what he wants to instead of everything, I think he will be far more successful than many other candidates who only wanted more of the same ol same ol.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Plus, he would have to abolish these departments in order to flush out the cronies who are behind Agenda 21. Once the departments were erased, he could restructure and place in the individuals he believed are not corrupt.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
Oh what a great idea

just what we needed

MORE people losing their jobs

edit on 15-10-2011 by easynow because: (no reason given)

You are clueless, massive job losses are non negotiable at this point.

The government is spending nearly double what it takes in, the debt level is still stratospheric, and all the major banks are on the verge of collapse. Someone who is paying attention knows it is going to get much worse and nothing can stop that.

Paul's plan is to make the losses as manageable as possible, the alternative is to pretend nothing is wrong and have everything collapse in an out of control manner.

I think it's to late though, the world economy is not likely to hold together another year, and even if it does as president he is not dictator, and the ignorant masses like yourself don't want to face the reality that we are screwed no matter what. It is now more about what can we do to minimize the collapse, it is impossible to prevent it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I WANT TO BELIEVE! But since O'Bummer got me with the whole "Hope & Change thingy" I'm not holding my breath. I think people are ready to fight fire with fire if the sociopaths try to fix the vote or assassinate Dr. Paul but I sure hope we don't have to suffer that senario.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

If you believe more people losing their jobs is ok

then your the one who is "clueless"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join