It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accused Iran plotter in U.S. lacks cunning, friends say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

in.reuters.com

(Reuters) - An Iranian-born Texas man accused of an elaborate plot to kill the Saudi ambassador in Washington was a heavy drinker and flighty businessman who did not fit the profile of a cunning agent, according to people who knew him well.

"He's a likable guy. He just wasn't very business-minded," Tomscha said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well it seems everyday now the story or the the allegations of the supposed plotting to kill the Saudi ambassador to the United States is starting to became more bogus each day.

First with iran denying at the united nations that the US had any direct connect.

US insists it met with Iran over alleged plot
"I will again confirm that we did meet with the Iranians," State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland told reporters after saying that the meeting took place on Tuesday, and not on Wednesday as she had originally claimed.

If America really did have a meeting with iran why doesnt the State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland name any names? its that qutie simple you cant cliam you had a meeting with a country if you dont name any names of the supposed contects of that country.

Personally this was a fasle flag opeartion and the people arent buying the story and in this reuters news report dont all agree he looks kind of like he has been tortured to admit the plot? well its just a thought.

in.reuters.com

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
This won't persuade them from firing a shot however.

They want this really bad it seems.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The Obama administration.
What a bunch of idiots.
The list continues to grow.
I am beginning to think La Rouche was right.

www.larouchepac.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
His ex wife was also interviewed briefly on one of the news shows, and I remember her saying "he just isn't smart enough".
This is looking more ridiculous by the day, and yet they're preparing "proof" to take to the UN

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
His ex wife was also interviewed briefly on one of the news shows, and I remember her saying "he just isn't smart enough".
This is looking more ridiculous by the day, and yet they're preparing "proof" to take to the UN

Yes they are preparing "proof" to the UN, just like Bush did with iraq i assume? if i may add i saw the video of obama talking about the plot he looked a bit drunk or in something somesort of trance.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by snowspirit

Yes they are preparing "proof" to the UN, just like Bush did with iraq i assume? if i may add i saw the video of obama talking about the plot he looked a bit drunk or in something somesort of trance.

Drunk on power. This job of his is going to his head a little too much. I HATE hearing the phrase "leader of the free world".
He clearly isn't our leader, and the USA is not the least bit free.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

in.reuters.com

(Reuters) - An Iranian-born Texas man accused of an elaborate plot to kill the Saudi ambassador in Washington was a heavy drinker and flighty businessman who did not fit the profile of a cunning agent, according to people who knew him well.

"He's a likable guy. He just wasn't very business-minded," Tomscha said.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

To be fair, if he was an Iranian agent the business was just a cover, so it would explain his poor business skills.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

and also i will be just to be fair

To be fair, if he was an Iranian agent the business was just a cover, so it would explain his poor business skills.

even if that his cover up or rather a cover agent which i dobut all black OP agents are trained with perfection and skills, i dobut he had such skills or the selfmind to do such a thing, this why its such a laughable inculding when your own freinds doubt it aswell.

And secondly Black OP agents work alone they dont make to many freinds so in this i dobut this BS offical story just like iraq was remember that one AGWskeptic? everyone at the UN believed the fake proof and were tricked into it, even the UN is always on the side of the elites

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

The guy wouldnt be part of black ops. He would be part of whats called a sleeper cell. In order for them to do their job, they will assimilate into the culture and customs. He will come across as plain, simple, ordinary and would be just one of the guys or gals.

They will have friends, go to social outings etc etc etc.

After years of assimilating into the culture, they can do their job with ease being no one would suspect the person. This is documented throughout history all the way to the present.

Just because a person comes across as a goober doesnt mean they are one. Also, its irrelevant if you are a moron with an IQ of 50 or a highly trained black ops member with years of experience. All it takes is for the person to activate the bomb and go to the location.

His target was not POTUS, but an Ambassador, whose security detail is a bit different.

As I said, the more complex something is, the greater the chance of it failing.

2 million developing a pen in space or use a pencil?
edit on 15-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

No offense, but this whole thing is absurd. If he was an Iranian sleeper agent, then he wouldn't have been put in a position that would allow the US government and media to pin his country to the plot because he is Iranian-born.

For example, real sleeper agents have fake identities that disguise their whole past for the sake of the mission. That's why those Israeli assassin agents were busted, because they had fake New Zealand passports.

I mean, this story is almost as absurd as McCarthy-era commie hunting where you could be accused of being KGB just because you were born in Russia. You think Russian sleeper agents are identified as originally coming from Russia?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That ex used car salesman (born and bred in Iran) sounds like a complete idiot from what I've read about him. But alas, the USA will drum up another scheme soon enough, but to date they appear not to be very good at it and we are all so on to them, the world has awoken already. MSM has almost turned in to a comedy show!

You watch, there will be some small false flag attack happening real soon and they'll try and implicate Iran. Fact is, some of us are aware Iran wants to make a nuclear weapon.....US & Israel should just go do what it needs to do but just don't lie about it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Ill reserve judgment until they release the evidence linking it all together. However you supported the counter argument. You and many others think this entire deal is absurd.

Its called plasuible deniability.

Just because everyone is stating this guy is stupid, slow, cant do it etc etc etc doesnt mean he is. It would be like handing a 4 year old kid a loaded gun and assuming because of the age and mental abilities, they cant harm anyone with it.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Here is the "official" story on this whole plot.

On or about Sept. 28, 2011, Arbabsiar flew to Mexico. Arbabsiar was refused entry into Mexico by Mexican authorities and, according to Mexican law and international agreements; he was placed on a return flight destined for his last point of departure. On Sept. 29, 2011, Arbabsiar was arrested by federal agents during a flight layover at JFK International Airport in New York. Several hours after his arrest, Arbabsiar was advised of his Miranda rights and he agreed to waive those rights and speak with law enforcement agents. During a series of Mirandized interviews, Arbabsiar allegedly confessed to his participation in the murder plot. According to the complaint, Arbabsiar also admitted to agents that, in connection with this plot, he was recruited, funded and directed by men he understood to be senior officials in Iran’s Qods Force. He allegedly said these Iranian officials were aware of and approved of the use of CS-1 in connection with the plot; as well as payments to CS-1; the means by which the Ambassador would be killed in the United States and the casualties that would likely result. Arbabsiar allegedly told agents that his cousin, who he had long understood to be a senior member of the Qods Force, had approached him in the early spring of 2011 about recruiting narco-traffickers to kidnap the Ambassador. Arbabsiar told agents that he then met with the CS-1 in Mexico and discussed assassinating the Ambassador. According to the complaint, Arbabsiar said that, afterwards, he met several times in Iran with Shakuri and another senior Qods Force official, where he explained that the plan was to blow up a restaurant in the United States frequented by the Ambassador and that numerous bystanders could be killed, according to the complaint. The plan was allegedly approved by these officials. In October 2011, according to the complaint, Arbabsiar made phone calls at the direction of law enforcement to Shakuri in Iran that were monitored. During these phone calls, Shakuri allegedly confirmed that Arbabsiar should move forward with the plot to murder the Ambassador and that he should accomplish the task as quickly as possible, stating on Oct. 5, 2011, “[j]ust do it quickly, it’s late . . .” The complaint alleges that Shakuri also told Arbabsiar that he would consult with his superiors about whether they would be willing to pay CS-1 additional money. This investigation is being conducted by the FBI Houston Division and DEA Houston Division, with assistance from the FBI New York Joint Terrorism Task Force. The prosecution is being handled by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Glen Kopp and Edward Kim, of the Terrorism and International Narcotics Unit of the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York, with assistance from the Counterterrorism Section of the Justice Department’s National Security Division. The Office of International Affairs of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division and the U.S. State Department provided substantial assistance. We thank the government of Mexico for its close coordination and collaboration in this matter, and for its role in ensuring that the defendant was safely apprehended.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If proof is truth, then it too would be self evident. How exactly is "preparing" evidence a valid process? Is it like preparing a salad? Where you take things and make them into what you want them to be?
It just seems a bit reminisent of the "evidence of weapons of mass destruction" fiasco.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra

Ill reserve judgment until they release the evidence linking it all together. However you supported the counter argument. You and many others think this entire deal is absurd.

Its called plasuible deniability.

Just because everyone is stating this guy is stupid, slow, cant do it etc etc etc doesnt mean he is. It would be like handing a 4 year old kid a loaded gun and assuming because of the age and mental abilities, they cant harm anyone with it.

I really don't care about what mental state the guy is in. It has nothing to do with him, if you did not notice. He is simply an individual linked to Iran who opened his mouth when he should have kept it shut and then the FBI lead him to believe that he could be all that he could be for his cause if he let them arm him.

He, like many others, has been set up by the US government and then "exposed" as some foreigner about to commit terrorism in the US. This guy's only problem was not being smart enough to recognize when he is being puppeteered by the larger picture.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

He did more than open his mouth. money was transfered to him from the Quds account according to the info coming out.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   

He did more than open his mouth. money was transfered to him from the Quds account according to the info coming out.

More convenient ties?

I'm telling you that if he was really some sleeper agent, then such ties wouldn't be found. In fact, you probably wouldn't even be hearing about it.

Think about it. Do you really believe that Iran has been directly paying a supposed ex-patriot living in Texas in order to conduct proxy terrorism in the US? That's beyond believable, in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

More convenient ties?

I'm telling you that if he was really some sleeper agent, then such ties wouldn't be found. In fact, you probably wouldn't even be hearing about it.

Think about it. Do you really believe that Iran has been directly paying a supposed ex-patriot living in Texas in order to conduct proxy terrorism in the US? That's beyond believable, in my opinion.

No more than I culd beleive a US lawyer representing an accused terrorist relayed messages from his cell, back to his contacts in the Middle East, to carry out further attacks.

Like lightning out of a clear blue sky. Somethings are to good to be true / valid, while other truths, regardless of how absurd, are real.

the fact charges were filed will require the information be relased, and some of its already coming out. Its a game of wait and see.

top topics

join