It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something bad happening in life+guns+no morals/love= many innocent people dead?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I am disgusted, saddened, and deeply worried about all the "lone gunmen" attacks that have occurred in the last two years. I will not even try to name them all, but going back to the police shootings in seattle in 2010 as well as the fort hood shooting, Arizona massacre, Oslo massacre, and too many to mention happening in the states the last few months. Sometimes these incidents involve a father killing the family and then himself. Does anyone remember the guy who tried to kill several members of a school board after spray painting a big "v" (for vendetta) on the wall? WTF?

It is beyond sad to see in the news seemingly every other week that someone had an issue with life and decided that the best option was to grab a gun and start killing people....COME ON! How is that even an option? I don't care if you lost your job and your house was repossessed, killing people will not fix that! I am not posting this to suggest a "mind control" conspiracy (though that may be the case in several of these incidents) I am posting this because I almost threw up while watching cnn.com video interviewing a women witness to the latest shooting at a hair salon in California that left eight dead. The reporter/interviewer/reptilian pos was actually asking this women who just hours previously witnessed the violent MURDER of friends how she felt...hmmmm I do not know... maybe HORRIBLE? www.cnn.com...#/video/crime/2011/10/13/jvm-ca-salon-shooting-salveson.hln The questions that are asked by that "thing" (reporter) are unbelievable. AGHRGHHHHH While typing this post I just found this headline: www.foxnews.com... . Are all those people claiming these lone gunmen are brainwashed and killing so the NWO can take the guns from the people correct? I just don't get it...can someone please tell me why this is happening?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Now imagine how fast those gun men would have been shot down by fellow citizens if they were able to carry a gun and not have their 2nd amendment rights restricted. I’m fully confident more lives would have been saved

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
People are fed up and are taking matters into their own hands on who should suffer.

It's only going to get worse as time goes on because for the general population there is no help.
Find your self out of work,on the brink of being evicted and you deduce that there's someone to blame. You feel you've got nothing to lose so why not destroy the person who's destroyed you.

However, this has nothing to do with gun ownership. These people are going to cause chaos one way or another. If they want to shoot someone, they are going to get one illegally if they can't get one legally. If just one victim in the video you posted had a Concealed or Open carry weapon, that would of turned out much differently.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Just had this discussion with a guest speaker at a Public Administration college course last week. He is a lobbyist and heavily lobbying our state to tighten restrictions for guns on campus. His position is that no guns should be allowed on college campuses. He thinks guns would only cause extra injuries and deaths if a gunman were to walk in a room and others were to return fire.

I (sitting there with my .380 under my arm), entirely disagreed and a debate erupted.

I was sitting near the rear entrance to the classroom. The male closest to the front entrance to the classroom was in shorts and an Army PT t-shirt. To my extreme right, in the rear, by the window was a tall countryboy in jeans. To the extreme front right corner by another window was a pretty blonde girl dressed well.

As the debate ensued, and the naive lobbyist purported to know that most people who carry guns have little to no training, and would shoot wildly, and are not prepared for such an incident, etc., etc. Eventually, those of us debating "pro-gun" revealed ourselves. The person at each corner of the room was carrying a concealed gun at that very moment. We had each chosen our seats strategically (and unknowingly of one another) to control the room if anything crazy happened. We had also each had extensive training with weapons either through law enforcment, military, or a lifetime of exposure, competition, etc. We were likely the least expected in the room to be armed at the time.

(At this time, Florida had eased the restrictions for carrying weapons on campus, in response to Va. Tech, but current political climate indicates they may be tightening up again soon. As for me, I will carry regardless.)

Yes, arm the population that is willing and able to take on that responsibility, and these "lone gunman" won't stand a chance.

edit on 14-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I appreciate the responses, but I did not intend for this thread to be about gun ownership. I am just sickened when I hear of these things happening so often. I want responses about why you think people are actually doing this. What makes someone think that things are so hopeless or that they are pushed around so much that killing people is the best response? Screw jobs, screw money, screw THINGS YOU DONT NEED TO LIVE! Appreciate LIFE! It is beyond sad that someone can look at a TOTAL STRANGER and somehow think that it is ok to MURDER THEM in cold blood just because they lost a job, got fired, and now can't afford the 50" hd tv or to eat at mcdonalds every night...you dont need it!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by camaro68ss

Just had this discussion with a guest speaker at a Public Administration college course last week. He is a lobbyist and heavily lobbying our state to tighten restrictions for guns on campus. His position is that no guns should be allowed on college campuses. He thinks guns would only cause extra injuries and deaths if a gunman were to walk in a room and others were to return fire.

I (sitting there with my .380 under my arm), entirely disagreed and a debate erupted.

I was sitting near the rear entrance to the classroom. The male closest to the front entrance to the classroom was in shorts and an Army PT t-shirt. To my extreme right, in the rear, by the window was a tall countryboy in jeans. To the extreme front right corner by another window was a pretty blonde girl dressed well.

As the debate ensued, and the naive lobbyist purported to know that most people who carry guns have little to no training, and would shoot wildly, and are not prepared for such an incident, etc., etc. Eventually, those of us debating "pro-gun" revealed ourselves. The person at each corner of the room was carrying a concealed gun at that very moment. We had each chosen our seats strategically (and unknowingly of one another) to control the room if anything crazy happened. We had also each had extensive training with weapons either through law enforcment, military, or a lifetime of exposure, competition, etc. We were likely the least expected in the room to be armed at the time.

(At this time, Florida had eased the restrictions for carrying weapons on campus, in response to Va. Tech, but current political climate indicates they may be tightening up again soon. As for me, I will carry regardless.)

Yes, arm the population that is willing and able to take on that responsibility, and these "lone gunman" won't stand a chance.

edit on 14-10-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

That’s awesome. I’m just like you, I would have set myself up in the same way. In California it’s impossible to get a canceled weapons license so we practice open carry. But our wonderful governor just passed a law last week to ban open carry in the state starting January. It’s to protect ourselves and others because we all know starting in January there will be no more shootings in the state ever again.

I’m thinking these bans work so well they should ban rape, stealing, and murdering. Then we will be the safest state in the union.

NOT

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by nitro67
I appreciate the responses, but I did not intend for this thread to be about gun ownership. I am just sickened when I hear of these things happening so often. I want responses about why you think people are actually doing this. What makes someone think that things are so hopeless or that they are pushed around so much that killing people is the best response? Screw jobs, screw money, screw THINGS YOU DONT NEED TO LIVE! Appreciate LIFE! It is beyond sad that someone can look at a TOTAL STRANGER and somehow think that it is ok to MURDER THEM in cold blood just because they lost a job, got fired, and now can't afford the 50" hd tv or to eat at mcdonalds every night...you dont need it!

the people are nuts and are mentally unstable. As you can see the gun bans placed in those states did not stop them from killing. It only stopped lawful citizens from possessing fire arms and reacting.

Unstable people have no regards to life
edit on 14-10-2011 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There was like this crazy guy,
he kept yeelerin and yellering profanities,
then he took out a gun and started firing away at innocents.

So we decided we gotta put an end to all dis Innocents being shot by ignorats,
so....

TAKE AWAY ALL THE SMART PEOPLES GUNS, THE SANE PEOPLE,
NAD TAKE AWAY THEIR RIGHT TO PROTECT THEIR FAMILIES,
BECAUSE THERE WAS LIKE THIS CRAZY MAN THAT USED A GUN THE WRONG WAY...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nitro67

If you're looking for explanations for these things done by the criminally insane you're going to have to ask the criminally insane. I doubt anyone here can answer any of these questions as I assume, anyway, that no one here has ever killed a person.

Maybe it's the violence on TV. Maybe it's because we're no longer as religious as we once were. Maybe advances in technology has dehumanized us. Maybe there's something in the water. Maybe maybe maybe...

Maybe this is where civilization and our evolution eventually leads, and as we're collectively more dangerous with WMDs the problem probably corrects itself when we send our species back to the stone age. And then repeat scenario.

Don't look for comfort in a crumbling society, focus on what's still standing.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OccupyPlanet

I am not just asking a simple "why do people hurt people" question. It's these lone gunmen committing massacres so often and almost following a "script" that just makes it seem like there is more going on than just "unstable" people being unstable people...I found this vid the other day and do not know if it has been posted so forgive me if it has, but I find it amazing and in my opinion PROOF of mental tampering in conjunction with suicide/attempted murder. Not gunmen but crazy women causing chaos:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Want to see how dumb gun control is?
I replaced the words GUN and SHOOT with crowbar.
Story still sounds just as bad, but gun, knife, crowbar... doesn't matter what tool... the MAN is the responsible party.
Not the gun.

Originally posted by nitro67
I am disgusted, saddened, and deeply worried about all the "lone CROWBARmen" attacks that have occurred in the last two years. I will not even try to name them all, but going back to the police CROWBARings in seattle in 2010 as well as the fort hood shooting, Arizona massacre, Oslo massacre, and too many to mention happening in the states the last few months. Sometimes these incidents involve a father killing the family and then himself. Does anyone remember the guy who tried to kill several members of a school board after spray painting a big "v" (for vendetta) on the wall? WTF?

It is beyond sad to see in the news seemingly every other week that someone had an issue with life and decided that the best option was to grab a CROWBAR and start killing people....COME ON! How is that even an option? I don't care if you lost your job and your house was repossessed, killing people will not fix that! I am not posting this to suggest a "mind control" conspiracy (though that may be the case in several of these incidents) I am posting this because I almost threw up while watching cnn.com video interviewing a women witness to the latest CROWBARRING at a hair salon in California that left eight dead. The reporter/interviewer/reptilian pos was actually asking this women who just hours previously witnessed the violent MURDER of friends how she felt...hmmmm I do not know... maybe HORRIBLE? www.cnn.com...#/video/crime/2011/10/13/jvm-ca-salon-shooting-salveson.hln The questions that are asked by that "thing" (reporter) are unbelievable. AGHRGHHHHH While typing this post I just found this headline: www.foxnews.com... . Are all those people claiming these lone CROWBARmen are brainwashed and killing so the NWO can take the CROWBARS from the people correct? I just don't get it...can someone please tell me why this is happening?

SM2

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think it is a multi faceted problem. One aspect of it, in my opinion, is the constant assault by the group of people that insist on being politically correct at all times and ramming their views of the world down every one's throat. For example, if your child is a little turd, and mis behaves, this segemtn of the population insists that they needs to see a doctor and take medication like paxil, prozac, lithium etc, when in reality, it is either the kid needs his a$# kicked, or the parents do for being slacker parents. God forbid you should kick said childs butt, you will get them stolen from you by the all knowing, all seeing government, after all they know best right? Then you have the parents that use video game consoles and television as a baby sitter and go about completly ignoring their children. These things plus other crappy parent techniques like a time out, or somethin equally as sissy like lead to a increase in children that h ave no respect for others, no respect for authority, lapse morals, an over inflated sense of entitlement and self worth and no fear for consequences. Add in the complete lack of a father figure or any authority figure really, and you get an instant psychopath just add weapon and victims. So yes, in some cases, it is the parents fault and is the systems fault. Sometimes it is an undiagnosed mental illness.

In recent years, I would say that there has not actually been a real increase, there is just an increase in the main stream media reporting on the instances more. After all, how better to advance the liberal and or progressive agenda for gun control then to constantly bombard people with the extremely rare occurrences of a crazed lone gunman? Do some research, you can actually see where the actual rates of gun crimes are down per capita over this time frame, mostly because of the loosening up of gun laws. criminals seem to not want to put their own life at stake as quickly when their intended victim might be armed as well. A true crazed gunman, well, there is nothing you can do about that, if guns were not available, he could always make a zip gun, something you can do with $5 and 10 minutes with a trip to lowes or home depot, or he would use a home made bomb, again a few bucks and trip to lowes.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BadNinja68

I agree 100% I am for the second ammendment. Of course it is the people pointing and shooting...or stabbing or bashing....I just do not get the latest trend of murdering people because....oh forget it...no answer to something like this.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SM2

You seem to have hit the nail squarely on the head Amigo! PC has caused more harm than any of the so called nanny state reasons for not allowing parents to be parents! Sure there needs to be a small amount of wiggle room when it comes to corporal punishment but to totally control all the aspects of parenting by a few individuals with a shatteringly short sighted ideal that they wrote about in a book is pure stupidity! Most of the worst offenders are the control freaks we see every day in local government! It's appalling that the citizenry allow this to happen.
Total nut cases are let out of institutions with a script and instructions and not cared for at all only to be re-intstituted again when they stop their meds and cause mayhem on the innocent!
This latest in Seal Beach is one. He is a known Bi-polar that has problems with his meds and has been arrested many times before. The system didn't stop him from mass murder and won't stop him again should he be deemed mentally unfit and not tried because of it and again let out of hospital!
Zindo
edit on 10/14/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
For one thing, the video in the Opening Post is phoney.

Why are so many phoney things being done, taking up space?

If someone wants to beef about something, give us the real blood and gore to make a point.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

I can't watch the OP video from here, but I am not far from where that event took place, and it definitely is not phony. I have seen the video on local news, and national news, and 100 previous ATS threads.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

The guy set up his own suicide waving a cap pistol. Full video: scoot the slider to 6:00 minutes

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I see that no one has a reply? so this is another of the 'episodes' that are faked, so that the negative vote for the right to bear arms will pass.

Well Lady MacObama bares her arms so............? Out, Out,Damned Crock!

Now just take a look at all the phoney gunshot activities.... check them out and they are done to cover up something else! That puts me in mind of a certain exercise in air flight protection that was fouled, and 9-11 happened.

....and that Gabby Giffords was (shot through the head, ha ha!) and Judge somebody was really killed, while another exercise was taking place

What did this one cover up? Maybe just another exercise to try to pass gun laws, because from where I stand, well sit, in a wheelchair in Canada, all the elite want is to get rid of the right to bear arms.

You Americans better hang onto that right---or the goose of the whole damned world is cooked. Am I right? Is that the last Constitutional Right that y'all have?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Not even a Moron Foderater who has seen over 100 threads on this on ATS?

-- GET REAL!

Another 'exercise' like 411', or Baggie Biffords (where only a judge was killed............ is no one catching on to these phoney exercises?

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by canadiansenior70

I can't watch the OP video from here, but I am not far from where that event took place, and it definitely is not phony. I have seen the video on local news, and national news, and 100 previous ATS threads.

Please show me the other 100 ATS threads on this incident!
Thank you!
CS70

top topics

<<   2 >>

join