It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it possible asteroids could be redirected to use as weapons? The perfect deniable weapon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Firstly there is no point you even consider this thread if you have complete faith in the official account of 9/11, you have to have made that leap to be able to consider the magnitude of what they might do next..

This thread could go in world war 3, 2012, 9/11, etc it is better to look as whole as it is possible they are all linked.

I was considering all the Elenin material and I believe we are supposed to be scared.. If you search E.L.E the top result is 'extinction level event..' We've all heard that, that in itself does seem a bizarre coincidence alongside the manner in which it was discovered I believe there is enough info out there to doubt the story.

But why? I don't believe it is a cover for a natural event.. but instead one that will appear to be natural..

Imagine if a government wanted to destroy an enemy but did not want to be seen to make the first strike.. you can either attack yourself (false flag) and then retaliate or use a man made natural disaster.. such as nudging a meteor into a trajectory which will hit your target... No evidence, no blame.. and the nation which holds the database for the near earth objects suddenly becomes immensely powerful. This nation becomes the world protector.. When it actually was the aggressor in steering this object(s)

It would make sense to keep the size of the asteroid down to 10M.. but perhaps bigger depending on what they wanted to achieve.

Is there evidence that we are being desensitized to a space threat? I believe UARS and ROSAT's demise are part of this.. ELEnin is a big part of the story too, so many conspiracies are being propagated perhaps so we don't get to the real event, 'man made asteroid strike'
This is realistic and plausible if you accept what really occurred on 9/11.

orbitalvector.com...

O.K so here it goes... What if they are going to use the excuse that ELenin's debris altered the course of the two upcoming asteroids.. The small 10M one will be directed to hit the US to avoid suspicion and YU55 directed to knock out an enemy..

Is this a way of achieving the goals of a World War without actually having to have the war?

Lets have a constructive discussion this is only a theory, no evidence exists other than the deliberate fear which is being stoked up around Elenin et al

edit on 14-10-2011 by mockrock because: (no reason given)

11/9 is a key date.. close pass of asteroid YU55, FEMA emergency test broadcast on this day and the same day ROSAT satellite will crash to earth. Another coincidence 11/9 ?

Here is an article on China's proposed mining of an asteroid by pulling it into Earth's orbit..

why.knovel.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mockrock

Honestly I think just waging a normal war would be far less expensive that a massively huge and incredibly expensive black ops asteroid aiming system.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Back during the Cold War the USSR had envisioned something very close to this exact thing.

Some of their scientists proposed using nearby asteroids as weapons or deterrents.

However according to what I have read, this was dropped and shelved due to various obvious reasons.

It's too costly, it's very difficult and requires advanced space tech, and also even a rather small asteroid making an impact can create very negative consequences for people living on the other side of the planet.

I am pretty sure they decided not to attempt it because it was far more dangerous and deadly than simple nuclear weapons.

But it was on the drawing board.

I do not know if the NATO alliance ever considered this as a military possibility.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by bhornbuckle75

But it is becoming harder to manipulate the public into agreeing to wars.. If we add the total cost of the Iraq and Afghanistan wars.. and consider how ineffective they have been.. Perhaps a small asteroid would be considered as a solution.

If it is a slow moving asteroid of small volume the forces involved to steer it would be small.. and the cost compared to conventional wars may be significantly lower..

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think you need to disassociate your theory from 9/11 as this will just complicate the ensuing debate.

Also my views on Elenin (it's just a comet, an unremarkable one, that hasn't survived perihelion) might not help either. However, the idea that a small (10m ish) comet could be used as a wmd is quite interesting. I think it would be difficult to be accurate with such a weapon. More likely would be the deployment of a weapon that could be passed off as a comet strike.

Do we have the technology to do that, well there are people who say our visible technology is 50 years behind what is really being developed in labs around the world so who knows.

But the inaccuracy of such an object falling through our atmosphere would make it difficult I'm sure.

I'd like to know what others feel.

All the best, Kiwi

edit on 14-10-2011 by kiwifoot because: edit

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Lets have a constructive discussion this is only a theory, no evidence exists other than the deliberate fear which is being stoked up around Elenin et al

Who, exactly, is stoking up all this fear around comet Elenin? Leonid Elenin? The International Astronomical Union? NASA? Comet Elenin has broken up. There were no earthquakes or tsunamis during its last "alignment." Why must you persist in stoking your own fear?

As for using an asteroid as a weapon... not with today's technology. Have some hot cocoa and try to get a good night's sleep for once.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Possible? Of course.

However, it would be hard to redirect most interstellar objects to hit within any kind of short-term timetable. Nudging a rock from the asteroid belt would be easiest, but would take many years to get here.

Otherwise, you'd just have to depend on having an already-incoming object which would almost hit us, then launch a probe capable of intercepting the fast-moving object (not easy) and subsequently nudging it to force an impact when and where you wanted it. If the object had ice, then vaporization of the ice would act like small, uncontrolled thrusters, and cause a lot of unpredictability in the path.

Also consider the problem of control. Either you're controlling it from the ground/ISS (huge delay in communication) or you build a probe with enough AI to do the task. But are you really going to trust the AI to do a perfect job? One small mistake and it might be hitting you.

Another problem is thrust. An object big enough to do damage would be very heavy, and harder to move. Again, small nudges over long periods of time would work, but are you really going to be confident that you'll still want to hit a country 5-10 years from now? It would have to be a continuous threat, like cold-war level. And the people that launch the plan wouldn't necessarily even be the same people seeing it through to completion.

I don't see this as a viable nation vs. nation plan of attack, with our current tech level. However, I could see this being something planned and executed by the super-rich super-elite, if their goal is large-scale depopulation and subsequent final control of Earth. They have the financial means, the motive, and they might not even care that much where it hit. Load up all their wealth and toys into the big bunker, hang out for 5 years while the human race drops by 90%, and then come back and dominate whoever is left.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

Who, exactly, is stoking up all this fear around comet Elenin? Leonid Elenin? The International Astronomical Union? NASA? Comet Elenin has broken up. There were no earthquakes or tsunamis during its last "alignment." Why must you persist in stoking your own fear?

As for using an asteroid as a weapon... not with today's technology. Have some hot cocoa and try to get a good night's sleep for once.

It's daytime in the UK.. I didn't mention anything about earthquakes etc

If we discuss it then hopefully we can eliminate the possibility .. and then I can have some hot cocoa and sleep well tonight.. Is this not the world war 3 forum? Hence not cocoa accompanying reading material perhaps..

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
If they did a manned mission to an asteroid or something and planted thrusters on it, but the power needed to lift the thrusters from the ground would be impossible. When I say impossible I mean with the tech we have now lifting them from the earth would be hard, they'd need to be some size to change the trajectory of the asteroid. yet if you had one the size of a minivan or something the difficulty comes from actually landing on the asteroid.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Or we could just drop another old satellite. lol

I like the theory that ET is sending us viruses from space.
Contaminate a selected meteorite with a missile, instant plague doom.

Of course it is possible.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by R3N3G4D3

A 10M wide asteroid moving a slow speed in the vacuum of space, would not need huge thrusters to move it..

But we can solve this.. what about a solar sail? Perhaps combined with a thruster..

The article below discusses the use of it remove space debris.. but what about to place an asteroid?

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

I suppose thats more realistic. I wonder it it could be guided to it's target. The most lethal space weapon I've heard of is Rod's from God or something similar. It would be pure destruction with those.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot
I think you need to disassociate your theory from 9/11 as this will just complicate the ensuing debate.

Also my views on Elenin (it's just a comet, an unremarkable one, that hasn't survived perihelion) might not help either. However, the idea that a small (10m ish) comet could be used as a wmd is quite interesting. I think it would be difficult to be accurate with such a weapon. More likely would be the deployment of a weapon that could be passed off as a comet strike.

Do we have the technology to do that, well there are people who say our visible technology is 50 years behind what is really being developed in labs around the world so who knows.

But the inaccuracy of such an object falling through our atmosphere would make it difficult I'm sure.

I'd like to know what others feel.

All the best, Kiwi

edit on 14-10-2011 by kiwifoot because: edit

I don't think conspiracies should be treated separately, if a person for whatever reason does not believe the official story of 9/11 then a whole world of possible scenarios opens up.

I believe 9/11 was either an inside job or was allowed to happen for political gain. The percentage of people questioning the official story is getting to a tipping point.. and that leads me to considering some scary questions.

If the elite could come up with a plan such as 9/11 or on some level allow/assist an existing terrorist plan to succeed.. Then what is out of bounds? What is too horrific to consider as an option? I don't believe anything would be beyond consideration.

Steering an asteroid is on the same moral level as allowing/colluding 9/ll to take place.

The 9/11 question is relevant to everything as it changes the extreme range of actions our government(s) could do.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mockrock

I don't think conspiracies should be treated separately, if a person for whatever reason does not believe the official story of 9/11 then a whole world of possible scenarios opens up.

I believe 9/11 was either an inside job or was allowed to happen for political gain. The percentage of people questioning the official story is getting to a tipping point.. and that leads me to considering some scary questions.

If the elite could come up with a plan such as 9/11 or on some level allow/assist an existing terrorist plan to succeed.. Then what is out of bounds? What is too horrific to consider as an option? I don't believe anything would be beyond consideration.

Steering an asteroid is on the same moral level as allowing/colluding 9/ll to take place.

The 9/11 question is relevant to everything as it changes the extreme range of actions our government(s) could do.

I say that not because I beleive the OS, simply because 9/11 is such a contentious issue that it could seriously derail your thread.

There are plenty of other examples of how governments are willing to do crazy things, it was just meant as some friendly advice.

I agree, if 9/11 is somehow proven to be a deliberate act by the US on itself then a very large can of very large worms will be opened and the world will never be the same again.

But as I said, those of us who see through all the BS don't need 9/11 to know this, so why not steer clear of it in this context.

Anyway, all the best

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Just an after thought, for a comet to make it through the earth's atmosphere and still be 10m diameter, I'm sure it would have to be many magnitude times larger out in space.

I wonder by how much though, but I wouldn't be surprised if a 100m hunk of ice and rock gets reduced to 10m after entry.

This has implications for any attempts to guide it or alter trajectory.

kiwi

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   

A 10M wide asteroid moving a slow speed in the vacuum of space, would not need huge thrusters to move it..

But we can solve this.. what about a solar sail? Perhaps combined with a thruster..

The article below discusses the use of it remove space debris.. but what about to place an asteroid?

www.universetoday.com...

How does one country do this without anyone seeing it? I'm pretty sure the US tracks Russia and China's launches just as they track ours.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by kiwifoot

Just an after thought, for a comet to make it through the earth's atmosphere and still be 10m diameter, I'm sure it would have to be many magnitude times larger out in space.

I wonder by how much though, but I wouldn't be surprised if a 100m hunk of ice and rock gets reduced to 10m after entry.

This has implications for any attempts to guide it or alter trajectory.

kiwi

Doesn't need to be a comet at all.. I would say Elenin is probably a distraction. The close approaches of YU55 and 2009 TM8

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

www.universetoday.com...

How does one country do this without anyone seeing it? I'm pretty sure the US tracks Russia and China's launches just as they track ours.

The near miss in the link below was discovered the day before (apparently) so if no other country detected this object we may be overestimating Russia and China's ability to track what is going on in space.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I trust the 9/11 OS but this seems probable, maybe even likely.
I distrust the government but I still think 9/11 was not setup,

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

The near miss in the link below was discovered the day before (apparently) so if no other country detected this object we may be overestimating Russia and China's ability to track what is going on in space.

blogs.scientificamerican.com...

That's true, but that's not what I was saying.
"How does one country do this without anyone seeing it? I'm pretty sure the US tracks Russia and China's launches just as they track ours. "
We see their launches, they see ours. I don't think they could send up something to play with asteroids without someone seeing the launch.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join