It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother fires gun to protect 5 kids

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I am putting this in the Survival forum because that is what this lady was trying to do, survive.
If this is the wrong place mods please move it. Thanks.

I have to say, this is a great thing she did. Someone breaks her door and she starts firing off shots.
MO woman is right! I am proud of her. But I bet if it happens again she will wait acouple more seconds and let them fully enter so she doesn't miss them. No one is sure if she hit them or not.

"I was sitting in my room on the computer. I heard someone knocking on the door. Next thing you know, I heard a lot of force coming into the door. When I got up to see what was going on, the door was kicked open, so I just grabbed my gun and started firing," said Johnson

And I just love her attitude about the whole thing...

People will probably think twice before they kick in the door of this house again," said Johnson

source

edit on 14-10-2011 by MissPoovey because: sp

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by MissPoovey
I am putting this in the Survival forum because that is what this lady was trying to do, survive.
If this is the wrong place mods please move it. Thanks.

I have to say, this is a great thing she did. Someone breaks her door and she starts firing off shots.
MO woman is right! I am proud of her. But I bet if it happens again she will wait acouple more seconds and let them fully enter so she doesn't miss them. No one is sure if she hit them or not.

"I was sitting in my room on the computer. I heard someone knocking on the door. Next thing you know, I heard a lot of force coming into the door. When I got up to see what was going on, the door was kicked open, so I just grabbed my gun and started firing," said Johnson

And I just love her attitude about the whole thing...

People will probably think twice before they kick in the door of this house again," said Johnson

source

edit on 14-10-2011 by MissPoovey because: sp

The only gun control she needed was to control her aim.

* Take a deep breath, steady the hand.....squeeeeeze...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MissPoovey

I guess i will look to see how the shots sound and how big the holes are and then charge in after the counted 6,8, or 16 shots and hope for the best.
I applaud the woman for trying to protect hers.
Truth is, she totally failed.
There is no body to use as evidence so now every bad guy will know she is scared as a bunny and cannot control her aim.
The legal types will try to take her gun rights for firing blindly and wildy into teh ghetto.
I hope no innocents were put in danger during here shooting spree.
seems she did alot the wrong way, but hey the wolf has been repelled for now and that is all that matters right?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

just IMHO , but i read it as : hysterical bint fires gun to endanger everyone down range of her

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

just IMHO , but i read it as : hysterical bint fires gun to endanger everyone down range of her

That's exactly how it comes off.

Saw an open door, grabbed a gun and started firing.

Not the sort of quote you want the papers to carry.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is not an isolated incident.

You need to have a gun at home for protection.
Robbers can strike at any time.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You know what, she protected her 5 girls. That is all that counts. Maybe she isn't a marksman, and maybe she doesn't have any military training, but she knew enough to grab the gun and fire off 4 shots toward the intruder. It is a .40 cal, she didn't endanger her neighbors, she didn't hit her kids, she was extremely effective at home defense.

Kudos to her!!

It is easy to criticize her action from the safety of your own home, but when your front door is kicked in, and you only have a split second to react to protect your 5 little girls, see how calm you are!

The gun did its job. This is a great story!!

My wife would probably react this way, and I would be extremely proud of her. She protected the home and the kids, so she did a GREAT JOB!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Robbers are usually cowards. Just the sound of gunfire will send them scurrying like roaches.
You don't have to be a marksman. The sound alone will deter them.

A friend of mine lived in a bad part homestead florida.
He had a shotgun for protection. One night some guy broke his window and was climbing in.
He got his shotgun turned the corner from his room and cocked it.
When the intruder heard the slide he simply jumped back out the window.

be safe.
edit on 14-10-2011 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Great points! I am also proud of her.
Some generous benefactor should send her a shotgun. A scatter gun would not hurt others and would more likely hit the SOB, then he could be found by the buckshot still stuck in his *ss!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It had to work out good for her and the kids, she gave an interview about it...The perpetrator ran off. Who's to say she was aiming to kill to begin with and if you had knocked down her door and heard gun shots, I sure you would of stuck around...I mean....Those nasty gun only shoot bullets and those can only kill you, right ?? No big deal !!!

Good on her...She did what she could and had to do, regardless if there is a dead body to prove it ! She and her kids are safe and that is the only thing that counts !!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

RIGHT ON!!
Most do not want to take a life, I do not want to take another human life. I don't want mine taken as well. Kick down my door, I will be aiming at center mass! Better yours than mine..

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Kick down my door and no one will ever see you or find your body. But I'm a sadistic kind of guy! Besides no one would be looking for a thief to begin with much less at my house !!! LOL

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

I have to agree and disagree with you on this.
While she did take the initial steps to protect her home and family by buying a gun.
She should have followed it up by getting training.
Training does not always cost, we have helped novices out quite a bit by giving pointers and suggestions, all for free where I shoot.
Now you mention this is a 40 and "she didn't endanger her neighbors".
This round, pending on many factors does 15 to 20 inches penetration on ballistics gel and travels 900 to 1300 fps.
If you live in the country where your next neighbor is a ways away then yeah, I'd say no probs, but she lives in the ghetto houses are packed like sardines.
In the end the attack was foiled and nobody apparently, well who was innocent was hurt.
It was a win, but I hope this lady gets herself some training, as next time the intruder just may be a person with some training.

reply to post by grey580

LOL I had a blast watching the cockroaches scatter and scamper off when the shooting started, great vid.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
My dog protects me. During hurricane Irene someone got his face in my house, and was about to climb the rest of the way in. My dog bit him in the face.
Sounds like she needs a dog.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
My dog protects me. During hurricane Irene someone got his face in my house, and was about to climb the rest of the way in. My dog bit him in the face.
Sounds like she needs a dog.

Dogs require shots, vet visits and food. Guns only require bullets when you use them and cleaning.
So I believe she has made the right choice for her.

BTW, just for those that may not know. MO is the abreviation for the state of Missouri.
We use the term for more than that. It also means powerful and several other uses. But you get the idea.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

A gun won't lay his head on your hand when you're feeling down, run after things that he has no hope of catching, to make you laugh, or wake you up if there's a fire.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I like that woman

She's one tough Moma

I don't think anyone will be kicking her door down soon.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

lmao I bet she fired all over the place...couldnt hit an elephant if he was tryin to get in.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Why does everyone assume she fired wildly?

It says all she caught a glimpse of was an arm fleeing, and she fired at that? For all we know she placed 4 bullet holes in a 2 inch diameter on the edge of the door frame? There is absolutely nothing to indicate she fired wildly.

And on that note, did anybody notice that in the rare story of a homeowner using a firearm in self-defense and being successful, there is a certain tone to the language to make the homeowner seem less responsible? Is this a conspiracy among all press that if a tragedy happens we should dramatize and publicize it, but if something good happens we should belittle and marginalize it?

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Nice find. Good story.

You should change the title though. It's kind of vague. "Who cares if some lady fired a gun."

Now I see though. Kicking down other people's doors SHOULD get people shot.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join