It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo from inside airplane - possible weather mod setup

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Just wanted to post this photo and get some feedback,

Are these just standard fuel tanks for a long distance flight?

Could this be some kind of weather modification?

Search is broke, google fails, lets get some opinions up in here.

I think they look strange.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
What's the source of the image ?

Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I was looking at this image just last night while looking through some of the old chrmtrail threads here on ats. Apparently the image is taken from a French plane to test what effect ice has on a plane at high altitude. I'm on my iPod so I can't fish for the original thread. Might be a clue to start googling off though! Good luck

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Okay, I will tell you exactly what you are looking at here. See those orange cables? There signify that it is Flight Test Equipment. Standard for Airbus and for Boeing aircraft. Additionally, you can see the Flight Test Engineer Stations at the rear. Those canisters are water ballast cannisters. They are there to enable the engineers to move the centre of gravity of the aircraft in flight to test flight performance.

Nothing sinister.
Trust me, I used to be a Flight Test Engineer at Airbus, so I know what I am talking about.

Edit: It is not a French aircraft, it looks like a Boeing. Plus Airbus use larger ballast tanks and are mounted vertically.
edit on 14/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Added Text

edit on 14/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

Yes . that is what they are.

www.wired.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Obviously beer kegs for a party flight! Fasten your seat belts!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Come on, thats just kegs of beer for the party people plane
Not sure who this Pelosi dude is but /or she must like a drink
www.factcheck.org...
edit on 14-10-2011 by 12voltz because: its a ladette

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
you should show John Lear, he's flew most planes he'd know if it was normal or not.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
And here is the image as shown in the OP.

Flight Test

"The barrels contain water, which is pumped around to shift the center of gravity to test various flight characteristics." from the article.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaxnmarko
Obviously beer kegs for a party flight! Fasten your seat belts!

Jager time, woot!
PS" I know Jager isn't beer.
edit on 10/14/2011 by SixX1874 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
The photo is a faked piece of "evidence" that chemtrails exist.

The a/c with the barrels is a 777 undergoing flight testing - they fill the barrels with water to simulate various loads, and to shift the loads about.

The "hazmat" sign on the wall has been added to the original - which can be seen here without any hazmat sign!

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

as the provenance of this pic has already been covered

lets address the fact that the pic is a deliberate hoax by " chemtrail " proponents - that is the real conspiracy of " chemtrails " , the " chemtrail " ` movement ` is lying to you - to create fear . skeptics are often disparaged in " chemtrail " threads for alledgedly " spreading disinfo " but its the people pushing websites , books , dvds , seminars etc etc on the " chemtrail threat " that are actually lying to you

secondly - what happened to critical thinking ? even with no research or a-priori knowledge of aircraft testing you should be-able to spot a number of key points that make one question the pic - try it

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Well said. Most people start this kind of theory in order to make money from media that they are willing to share to you in order to warm you of the truth, for a price.

It seems that these days folk post on here without first researching their material. I do not know why people are Starring and flagging the OP.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   

OP, not to pile on, as the explanations have been made already.

Just to show what the "ATS Search Engine" turns up....I merely typed 'chemtrail interior' into the search field, and voila!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Out of several options, I chose that one because in the post it links to the Rense website. Seems many, many "conspiracy"-minded people tend to gravitate to Rense, so.....thought that would help put the last eight dozen nails into this coffin......

...also, for the benefit of those who come in late to a thread, and impulsively *Flag It* without reading it through, first.

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

That's one of the more famous fake/misleading photos.

I have a collection here:

contrailscience.com...

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Well said, but also Lone Archer for getting there first .
edit on 14-10-2011 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Uncinus

If they have done it once in a test. Then they have done it a thousand times also as a test.

Thanks for proving chemtrails exist.

But the trails are actually coming from six smoke generators. It was part of a NASA test to study wake vortices, you can read about it here:

www.dfrc.nasa.gov...

Six smoke generators were installed under the wings of the 747 to provide a visual image of the trailing vortices. The object of the experiments was to test different configurations and mechanical devices on the747 that could be used to break up or lessen the strength of the vortices. The results of the tests could lead to shorter spacing between landings and takeoffs, which, in turn, could alleviate air-traffic congestion.

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

So these smoke cylinders are the cause of all chemtrails?

edit on 16/10/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

So smoke generators on planes - not secret, not done to control weather, on civilian as well as military a/c - those are your cause celebre for "chemtrails" now are they matty?

They are how you are going to explain persistent contrails to people - they are really smoke generators on airliners??

I'm pulling up a chair to watch this train wreck!!

I'm surprised that yyou have posted the OP picture yourself - although you don't actually care whether it is real or not

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

the trail produced by " smoke generators " is generated using deisil fuel [ dyed for coloured smoke , pure for white ] and it neither persists , nor spreads

this was covered in another thread where i actually showed you how the blue angels & red arrows display teams create smoke for displays

is the entire area left " choked " with persistant / spreading trails - no - it disperses in seconds

just watch any vid of a display team preformance - the trails disapate in the time it takes to turn around for the next fly-by

and remember it takse 45l / minuite / engine to create those smoke trails

top topics

<<   2 >>

join