It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Always Remember 9/11 - Never Forget 9/11?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
What Exactly is it that we are Supposed to Remember and Never Forget about 9/11?

Does anyone know where these catch phrases originated?
edit on 13-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
not sure where they originated, but 100% true.

as soon as we forget, history books will contain nothing but the official pack of lies they try and sell us.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

Something about a couple buildings falling down, or something like that....I seem to remember a jet involved or something....I dunno, guess I've forgotten already.

Seriously though....isn't it obvious what we are supposed to remember? As far as the whole 'Never Forget'....I always just thought it was an appropriation of the same phrase generally used when speaking of the Holocaust. Though 9/11 certainly was no where near as bad, someone somewhere decided it was a bad enough tragedy to borrow that phrase (which before 9/11 I had only heard in reference to the Holocaust). As for who was the first person or news agency to use the phrase in context with 9/11 I have no Idea.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
You should try never-forget-911.info

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Me! Me! Me! I know the answer! 19 hijackers (or was it 16?) of whom 6 are still alive and well to this day, one even working for Saudi Airlines...crashed some planes into US buildings killing themselves and everyone on board while wreaking havoc on 2 towers, a center of defense and um...a field. I think that was how it went...

Oh, and one of the pieces of evidence that managed to survive was the passport of one of the hijackers. Yeah, I think that was it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
Me! Me! Me! I know the answer! 19 hijackers (or was it 16?) of whom 6 are still alive and well to this day, one even working for Saudi Airlines...crashed some planes into US buildings killing themselves and everyone on board while wreaking havoc on 2 towers, a center of defense and um...a field. I think that was how it went...

Oh, and one of the pieces of evidence that managed to survive was the passport of one of the hijackers. Yeah, I think that was it.

We're not supposed to tolerate outragious conspiracy theories.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
How can anybody forget 9-11? It cant be forgotten in my opinion since there are always new findings coming from this historic and tragic event. I think that since this has happened it has put many americans in the HYPER-AWARE Zone and anybody who even looks the least bit "shady" causes the brain to go into overdrive. I wont forget 9-11 because i was deployed several times after this event and the innocent who departed this world are not forgotten ever.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I was thinking that we aren't supposed to forget the date 9/11 itself.

Does anyone else agree or disagree with this?

Interesting answers about Exactly what is it that we are supposed to remember and never forget though. Keep it comming.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I've always thought that 9/11 was a ritual spell, and if we didn't constantly "remember" it, the spell would wear off. Magic is after all the manipulation of councioussness through the will. Just a theory.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ForAllMyDeadHomies
I've always thought that 9/11 was a ritual spell, and if we didn't constantly "remember" it, the spell would wear off. Magic is after all the manipulation of councioussness through the will. Just a theory.

I like that reply from you, Hooked you up with a star for it!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Very nice post, I enjoyed reading it! Star for you my friend!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I am sorry. Please allow me to reformulate my answer and remove any trace of conspiracy theories.

We are supposed to remember the number 11 and 9. And never forget how tirelessly the governments of the world worked at finding and killing the source of madness, mayhem and destruction. Obviously while not inciting any kind of racial hatred, religious bigotry or ideological moral ground. Or waging wars.

OK. Where's my prize?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blu82

Originally posted by ForAllMyDeadHomies

I like that reply from you, Hooked you up with a star for it!

Thanks! If you're interested, here's a nice little youtube series that kind of elaborates on it. Very intriguing stuff. www.youtube.com...

For me, it makes sense why we're constantly being reminded of that date.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the phrase originated because people did not want those that died to be forgotten. 3000 can seem like an insignificant number compared to the overall population, and it can be tempting to pretend that it was almost no one who died.

The point of remembering is to remember that each of those 3000 people had a family, and friends, and surely the majority were proud US citizens. If we forget them, then they lost their lives for nothing, fading away as yet another death toll which no one cares about.

The point is to keep caring, and to not treat 9/11 as another "bummer" day.

At least, that's my perspective. It's probably somewhat pushed by the government wanting to maintain support for the war, also.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Always Remember 9/11 - Never Forget 9/11?

Why we should never forget? Seriously?

There are @3000 reasons to remember Sept. 11, 2001. Regardless of which theory, however ridiculous I may find some of them, you hold to, it comes down to the fact that on that day 3000 people died in rather a horrific fashion, and in the ten years that followed, many, many more have died and will die. As in dead. As in kids without parents. Parents without their children.

Why should we never forget? Really?

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Never forget the threat from the sky. Never forget the numbers, 9/11. Never forget the twin towers, II.

Never forget..... a date? 9/11/11 (d/m/y) -- 11/9/11 (m/d/y)

st.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
You are never allowed to forget it if you are a member of ATS.

There seems to be a new Thread every 5 minutes!!

But to be honest a bunch of Arabs with very little flying experience manged to take over four planes and flew into the Twin Towers and The Pentagon with such accuracy it would embarass the most skilled pilots? I don't know why people can't believe this, come on people, silly CTers.

Oh and a building not hit by a plane, decides to collapse into its own footprint because of fire damage. Come on People, don't you know Demolition companies have stopped using explosives now and have turned to the God of Hell, Fire!!!

Oh and don't forget they managed to find a passport of one of the Hi-Jackers, so it must be TRUE!! Please stop this 9/11 madness.

No, we shall never forget 9/11 or the vile lies that have been spouted as the Official Story.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Some of you could start remembering the innocent lives lost in 9/11 attacks. Innocent people are innocent people no matter what their goverments did or did not. There are no excuses for killing a human being.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Here's a really good blog that explores the ideas presented in the OP: lifeattheendoftheworld.com...

Never Forget but Please Stop Relentlessly Remembering

I think the United States has Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. The country seems intent on reliving the 9/11 terrorist attacks and ruminating about the significance of them endlessly, as though ordinary life in this country just froze at that moment in time and has never quite thawed out.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t have a memorial at the spot where the towers fell, or that we shouldn’t remember those who died and honor their memory just as we honor all the dead, but the hype surrounding that traumatic event ten years after the fact feels like something other than that, something unhealthy.

Read the full thing, I agree with much of it.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by InformationAccount
What Exactly is it that we are Supposed to Remember and Never Forget about 9/11?

Does anyone know where these catch phrases originated?
edit on 13-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

The Physics Profession has decided that 9/11 will be remembered for the next 1000 years.

How do you evaluate this problem regardless of the cause without accurate data on the distributions steel and concrete down the towers. But where has the physics profession demanded that information or explained its importance. So if airliners could not possibly have destroyed the towers then how have TEN YEARS have gone by without the Physics Profession explaining why they could not have.

Of course if they say it now they will still look ridiculous. So at this point they need for people to not understand simple Newtonian Physics.

This makes the Piltdown Man look like a trivial joke.

Of course the Economics Profession make this look trivial by ignoring the depreciation of durable consumer goods for the last 60 years.

psik

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join