It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 4 Not Independence Day, George Washington Not 1st US President, Stars & Stripes Not Real Flag

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The topic
The topic

It's slipping away
Grab it before it's gone for good

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

America actually belongs to The Dane's.

I have to disagree. I think it is the Templars who owns American, from even before Columbus came here, bearing signs of Templars on his sails, and surely carrying a Templar map to the New world. I saw a History Channel show that shows the St. Clair family actually staked out a large portion of America as it's own.

The Secret History of the Knights Templar in America

The name St. Clair is all over America.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Red Cloak

And there's a lot more things historically false, Apparently Jesus wasn't even born at Christmas yet that's when we celebrate his birthday

Society has become a testament to everything incorrect

Yep. Jesus wasn't born in the winter. The shepards were out minding their flocks.
Mary (Magdalene) Christ "mas" = Christ "mildly amusing smirk". It is a pagan holiday.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by billy197300

Great Logic..

So, using your logic, when a parent tells a child about Santa Claus (ancient aliens analogy), that parent never tells the truth..????????

Just because History Channel has a show, doesn't mean everything stated on their is false does it..

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Some one do a little checking and find out a man named John Hanson.

"In 1775 he was elected to the Provincial Legislature of Maryland. Then in 1777, he became a member of Congress where he distinguished himself as a brilliant administrator. Thus, he was elected President in 1781. Was John Hanson the first President of the United States?

The new country was actually formed on March 1, 1781 with the adoption of The Articles of Confederation. This document was actually proposed on June 11, 1776, but not agreed upon by Congress until November 15, 1777. Maryland refused to sign this document until Virginia and New York ceded their western lands (Maryland was afraid that these states would gain too much power in the new government from such large amounts of land). Once the signing took place in 1781, a President was needed to run the country. John Hanson was chosen unanimously by Congress (which included George Washington). In fact, all the other potential candidates refused to run against him, as he was a major player in the Revolution and an extremely influential member of Congress.

As the first President, Hanson had quite the shoes to fill. No one had ever been President and the role was poorly defined. His actions in office would set precedent for all future Presidents. He took office just as the Revolutionary War ended. Almost immediately, the troops demanded to be paid. As would be expected after any long war, there were no funds to meet the salaries. As a result, the soldiers threatened to overthrow the new government and put Washington on the throne as a monarch. All the members of Congress ran for their lives, leaving Hanson running the government. He somehow managed to calm the troops and hold the country together. If he had failed, the government would have fallen almost immediately and everyone would have been bowing to King Washington."

Taken from a biographical web site.

When I was in school the teachers read an accounting of Betsy Ross which claimed she was a seamstress and had shown George Washington and others how to cut and sew a consistantly semetrical five point star from a single piece of cloth.

Evidently they had a pattern they wanted to use but found it hard to cut a simetrical five pointed star.
edit on 13-10-2011 by hdutton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Ex_CT2

He wasn't, he was Jewish

No, Jesus was a 'Judean', not a Jew.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GringoViejo

Originally posted by GringoViejo
reply to post by BrokenCircles

You can infer whatever you like from my post, that doesn't mean you're correct, or that your opinion is somehow a fact.

Oh, and as far as stars and flags go, they're meaningless. If it gives me a laugh, I'll give it a star. If you don't like it, too bad.

And I'm sorry, just because someone doesn't think the same way you do doesn't make them ignorant. Thinking so is rather... well, ignorant, don't you think?

there ya go again.......

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryAlien

Forgive a man complex details in his moment of vacantly going off topic

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I think my friend Paul Mooney has something to say about number 4 on your list.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryAlien

No, Jesus was a 'Judean', not a Jew.

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

This is one of the silliest things I have ever seen. It deserves its own thread for a proper Passion of the Christ-style debunking. It commits crimes against history, etymology, orthography, and common sense. It's salted with Holocaust denial and the debunked Jews=Khazars racial theory. And you missed the whole point of the article, these jokers are saying Jesus wasn't a Judean.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Well that goes back to when early christian missionaries started applying christianity to older pagan tradtions. Like easter eggs and bunnies are pagan symbols for fertility, birth,new life etc. The christmas tree, the evergreen wreath all viking crap.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

America actually belongs to The Dane's.

I have to disagree. I think it is the Templars who owns American, from even before Columbus came here, bearing signs of Templars on his sails, and surely carrying a Templar map to the New world. I saw a History Channel show that shows the St. Clair family actually staked out a large portion of America as it's own.

The Secret History of the Knights Templar in America

The name St. Clair is all over America.

I am familiar with the St Clair's.You are partly correct there friend,it is related.However Denmark IS the Capital headquaters of the Templars after 1307(before too).Headed by the Monarchy.Research Bornholme Island.The Templars went in two directions,fighting class Scotland,ruling class Denmark.You will see far more Templar symbols in Denmark than in Scottland and the UK.I know the material you are quoting, if you read deeper you will find what I speak of, it is there too in cryptic form.
edit on 13-10-2011 by 13th Zodiac because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

And there's a lot more things historically false, Apparently Jesus wasn't even born at Christmas yet that's when we celebrate his birthday
reply to post by TedHodgson

I've read this as well, but supposedly he was conceived at that time and born around September 29th. This supposedly is according to the Jewish records. They say that the Jews of that time were excellent record keepers, so who knows?

edit on 10/13/2011 by visualmiscreant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

the 25 December celebration dates back to egypt where the sundial showed the sun staying in the same place on only 3 days in the year , = 22,23,24 december each year, and commencing to move again on 25th

the ancient mystery religion of Osirus (still maintained today by all secret societies) thus took this annual event and mysticised it to be a symbol of Osirus' death on the 22nd and rising 3 days later on the 25th, being 'born again'

the catholic church since it was overrun with pagan mystery adherants had little trouble keeping tis festival going by simply renaming it the 'christ' - "mass"

plenty more where that came from if you wish to research it

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
why they want to change history and dates?
there are no need for that

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
So what else do we know is wrong in our history books?
I read somewhere that the Church added a thousand years to the calender so the year is really something like 1011 instead of 2011, so that Christanity looked like it had existed for a long time.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Red Cloak

There are a lot of bits about the Declaration that are under dispute. July 4 may not even be correct. The wording was approved on the fourth but may have not been signed till August 2. Other stories are that the signing was a very quiet affair, only took about a half hour and the signers left. It took another month for the documents to travel for the remaining signers to sign it.
The document in the Archives may not even be the original, but the first copy.
But July 4 is the offical day that was picked.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
yeah never mind.....I need to read before I post...I know I know.....
edit on 23-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Red Cloak
Since they all continue to perpetuate these myths, that are historically false.
edit on 13-10-2011 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

Santa Clause, anyone?

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net...

This was the civil flag of the us of A. It was to be flown any place that was not federal property. IE the stars and bars flew over the us courthouse, but not the local school. That was for the civil flag.

It was done away with early in the 1900's. About the same time as the fed came about. It's use had been waning for decades prior.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join