It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New introduction thread 404'd WHY ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Greetings all , my first thread so im ready for the fun to begin lol .

I Checked ATS this morning as i (we) all do religiously and there was a introduction thread titled ( wait for it )

Extinction event - and IM being censored

i clicked on the link ( as i need my daily dose of doom and gloom or i cant sleep lol ) and the at the top was

Im writing this with tears in my eyes

my name is ####### ( i cant remember as i exited to log in to reply to his post )

im an 80yr old something or other

here is my wiki page to which i clicked on and this guy was part of jpl and a planetary scientist

after this there was nothing to defy ats t&c the thread just vanished 404 his name was heretowarn or wanttowarn

WHY delete it ats ! this is after all a conspiracy site the mods didnt even give this new member a chance as he said ive been deleted because im a hoaxer ???? yet it was his first post

have we been infiltrated , is this just bull or did the guy really ( could be true ) have something to say.

If this is in the wrong forum sorry but i think that at least go by the t&c mods no reason given for this deletion or any of the other mysterious vanishing threads, ive been coming here for years and lately well ......................................................

any thoughts

feel free to slam troll etc etc etc

im up for ranting lol

thanks in advance

peace

( nice work mods delete thread if you like cheers )
edit on 12/10/1111 by periloustimes because: found out the truth ( or is it lol )

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by periloustimes

It happens quite frequently and mostly from people who you would classify as being an Ignoranus.

Cheers

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I believe follow up posts in other areas said the person who originated that intro thread was a known and prolific hoaxer the staff and mods know well. I can only guess they're seeing data we aren't to know who he is on sight and that fast...I was on when that thread hit the top slot in new topics and I couldn't even open it in time to see what was said. Mods are mighty quick sometimes....or they were sitting there waiting for him.

Either way....I must say the thread title was alarmist to an extreme, even by ATS standards..and wow, that is saying something.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
For one, he revealed his "real name."
2nd, the thread had a topic...it wasn't an introduction.

I did find the thread interesting. I wish he would've said what the e.l.e. will be. But it's precisely because he didn't say what the ele would be, that makes it likely it's just a hoax.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Anyone crying about the world ending or being a top government offical is a hoax... then they make up some elaborate story that is ALWAYS FAKE.

NOTHING THEY SAY HAPPENS....EVER.

Same with prophecy threads.

You people are so gullible. You'd probably believe a thread if the person said they were Obama. But then again some people still think John Titor was real.

The hoaxers make these threads so they can laugh at you.

edit on 10/12/2011 by mnmcandiez because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
For one, he revealed his "real name."
2nd, the thread had a topic...it wasn't an introduction.

I did find the thread interesting. I wish he would've said what the e.l.e. will be. But it's precisely because he didn't say what the ele would be, that makes it likely it's just a hoax.

I don't think revealing his real name had anything to do with it. Everyone on here knows my name, because much of what I do is in the public domain anyway. Also, I'm not afraid to stand by whatever I say.

From the followup threads I read in the immediate aftermath of the 404, the OP is a known and prolific hoaxer. We have enough problems simply weeding out misinfo, disinfo, and bad science; we don't need anyone deliberately mucking things up.

So, GOOD JOB MODDIES!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

i wouldnt say gullible i would say interested

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

ok thanks for replying , i didnt realise this guy was a well known hoaxer .

thanks for all the fast replies and well done mods

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
If you catch him trying to re-post agian

ask him why "Window Alien is watching you"

from another site, saying this really grinds his gears.

I did it once to him and i got a "don't you go there" reply from him before the mods blew him away.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
It was abducted and taken for further examination and probing.. Due to bugs in the space/time continuum it was inadvertantly returned to the planex x2754a where its now a tea cozy ..

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
So the guy, started his introduction thread with

"Extinction event.
Im writing this with tears in my eyes "

And then claimed to be a JPL and a planetary scientist ?

Yeah, i would of deleted his thread as well, logic tells you, any reasonably intelligent person, who is alleged to be a planetary JPL scientist would not come to ATS to spill all his dirty secrets, in a introductory thread.

Personally, i think its good modding.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

i will do

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by periloustimes

Use the Complaint feature and find out...

Chances are, it went beyond the scope of what an Introduction Thread is supposed to be, as outlined in the forum guidelines...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

what got me was the wiki link it seemed genuine , only problem is i was on my mobile/cell phone and i didnt save his details
could of been something but meh ...........

posted on Jan, 23 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

laugh away

it was an interesting read and tbh i just wanted to check it out , thats why im here not to believe every thing i read but to enjoy and tolerate the bs because well the world is full of it and we cant truly believe anyone these days

peace

top topics

join