It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand guns are now banned in California.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

There's nothing in the Constitution requiring a CCW. The very idea would have been laughed out of the Constitutional Convention had it even been brought up.

Well to be fair, the idea of man flying, or tanks, or iron battleships, or going to the moon would have been laughed out of there too.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by OldCorp

Christian, Gun-loving and conservative. You're as much as a stereotype as those Granola eating hippies like me just on the opposite end of things.

Why are your opinions any more valid than those who hold the opposite view?

His opinion is based on constitutional law, liberty, and the absolute right of self defense and defense of others.
Your opinion is based on emotion, control of the populace, and submission to fascism.

Thinking people who believe in freedom will agree with him.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

How do you know what my opinion is based on? I don't think people should carry weapons, because a simple argument can turn into a shooting very quickly.

I'm 6'1 230 lbs and a brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner. I believe in self defence, I believe in liberty which I why I have no problem with gun ownership. The problem is when someone rear ends me in my car and i get out and LOOK intimidating and I get shot in the face trying to talk to person because they feel threatened.

Guns aren't dangerous when used by strong, intelligent people. Not all gun owners are strong and intelligent. I'd rather see strong intelligent people be limited in where they can take their guns then allow the freedom of the weak and dull to carry guns everywhere.

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

You make a valid point, but I would counter that the "weak and dull" do carry their guns everywhere - the criminals that are out to do no good to begin with. Not everyone has the self-discipline and the time or training to defend themselves in hand to hand combat. I personally feel safer when the strong of mind have the option to defend themselves when a situation arises. To get a CCW permit around here, you have to pass 16 hours of training and then re-certify with four more hours every two years - for each permitted weapon. The weak minded won't get through that and the training drills into you what acceptable levels of force mean. A fender bender does not qualify as a life-threatening situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by OldCorp

Christian, Gun-loving and conservative. You're as much as a stereotype as those Granola eating hippies like me just on the opposite end of things.

Why are your opinions any more valid than those who hold the opposite view?

You are welcome to hold the opposite view, but his isn't opinion.

He is supported by the Second Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, and him stating his view is gauranteed by the First Amendment, the same as it gaurantees you stating yours.
edit on 15-10-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-10-2011 by gamesmaster63 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was just recently looking at the laws in my state and found an interesting and frightening comment made by the ATF concerning states rights.

"ATF response
On July 16, 2009, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives published an open letter to Montana Federal Firearms Licensees, clarifying the bureau's position on the Montana Firearms Freedom Act. According to this letter, "...because the Act conflicts with Federal firearms laws and regulations, Federal law supersedes the Act, and all provisions of the Gun Control Act and the National Firearms Act, and their corresponding regulations, continue to apply." The letter then summarizes ATF requirements for FFL holders.[6]"

The entire article can be found here. Source

Other than the Second Amendment, granting the right to keep and bear arms. Firearms control was not specifically granted to the Federal Government in the Constitution, therefore the Tenth Amendment applies and the States have the exclusive right to make laws concerning firearms within their borders, as long as the Second Amendment is not abrogated.

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Anybody who wants Civil Rights or values their life will just stay out of California.

It's not a place where you have a right to defend your own life.

Get out of that STATE. Even the gays in San Francisco already fled to Texas.

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

edit on 19-10-2011 by Tripnman because: Posted in wrong thread

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripnman

It will soon spread..Then where will we go

posted on Oct, 19 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Do we need any more proof that Jerry Brown is a moron? Or that the people of California (the patchouli-loving, kumbaya-singing, granola heads of California) are equally retarded

Ouuuuch! I resemble that remark.
One of these days they're gonna go to far. And everyone who owns a gun will be a criminal. Instantly.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join