It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hand guns are now banned in California.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Or that the people of California (the patchouli-loving, kumbaya-singing, granola heads of California) are equally retarded?

Old Corp, I usually see your posts and for the most part I agree with your point of views, but I am honestly disapointed to see such a broad stroked, ignorant remark like this from you.

I am a gun enthusiast and I live in California, and NO, I did not vote for Jerry Brown. I also know quite a few people, and not one of them likes, endorses, or supports Brown in any way. I really don't understand how he got back into office.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by eeks4
reply to post by OldCorp

Hey i own a 20 gauge single shot..Its a old Winchester and yes it has rust on it as well ...I haven't shot it since i got it almost a year ago..well i picked the gun up the other day and it fell apart...How will i know if the firing pin is still any good without shooting it..The gun is back together now..Any answers to how i can tell if the firing pin (trigger) is any good without shooting it..

Can anyone help??

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

If you feel the need to ask, you should probably take the firearm to a qualified gunsmith, for your own safety and the safety of others around you.

Also, the fact that it has rust can possibly indicate fatigue in the metal, which can lead to catastrophic failure.

Like I said, if you are unsure of your own abiliities and assesment of the weapon, taking it to a professional would be the most prudent route.

Good luck

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by eeks4

If you feel the need to ask, you should probably take the firearm to a qualified gunsmith, for your own safety and the safety of others around you.

Also, the fact that it has rust can possibly indicate fatigue in the metal, which can lead to catastrophic failure.

Like I said, if you are unsure of your own abiliities and assesment of the weapon, taking it to a professional would be the most prudent route.

Good luck

Yea your correct..Ah Have already thought about it..Thanks for your reply...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
see they keep taking and taking keep nibbling away and that second ammendment to the point your going to wake up and say "damn wish i had a gun".

thats the peoples republic of kalifornia if a zombie outbreak ever occurred your gonna have a few million people screaming DAMN WHY DID WE BALL ALL THOSE GUNS!!!

doh!

you have to laugh at this stupidity the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
edit on 12-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
All my fellow Americans over on the West coast need to fight this movement. No removal of your second amendment right should ever occur. You all need to fight this as hard as you can and nip the issue in the bud before they try to push the issue in neighboring states.

Good luck to everyone out there

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Vortiki

Eventually it will spread across the U.S...That will suck....then they will ban shot guns next..Then knifes..I dont even know if it is legal to have mase..If that's how you spell it...Freedom where did it go...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Based on the choices that Californians make about elected leaders proves the theory that this is the Granola state - Full of nuts and flakes

Los Angeles is long gone. Only the corrupted rich, gays and illegals live there. SF and the surrounding area is occupied by 99% cartoon characters. Sacramento is fully corrupted. To make things worse, if possible, the whole election process is extremely fraud based. Every election there is mass fraud that eventually is proven, but the process is too long and the results are already written in stone, so nothing is done or it's covered up. Democracy completely is dead in CA. Thanks to the leftist who aided in the flooding of CA with illegals that have destoyed the state at every level turning it into a Mexican suburb.(and every one of them get free lunch and food stamps paid by Taxes!). Disgusting!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by OldCorp

Christian, Gun-loving and conservative. You're as much as a stereotype as those Granola eating hippies like me just on the opposite end of things.

Why are your opinions any more valid than those who hold the opposite view?

Because they are backed by the Constitution. I think the Framers did an excellent job at limiting government and securing the God-given rights of their progeny. If they were alive today, I have no doubt they'd be leading a second American Revolution. They have to be rolling in their graves to see how this nation has squandered its greatness, and thrown away the freedoms they bled for.

reply to post by OldCorp

Hey i own a 20 gauge single shot..Its a old Winchester and yes it has rust on it as well ...I haven't shot it since i got it almost a year ago..well i picked the gun up the other day and it fell apart...How will i know if the firing pin is still any good without shooting it..The gun is back together now..Any answers to how i can tell if the firing pin (trigger) is any good without shooting it..

Hi eek. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have a terrible chest infection at the moment and I was up hacking and coughing all night. After I got the kids off to school this morning I drank a gallon of Nyquil and passed out. I JUST woke up.
Anyway...

Take a knife and cut the plastic end, not the brass end, off of a shell, emptying the contents into a place safe from heat (remember, gunpowder is extremely flammable. For God's sake, please don't smoke while you are doing this.)

Once you have emptied the shell of all of the shot and gunpowder, charge your weapon by inserting the shell into the barrel and closing the breech. You can now aim the weapon in a safe direction - NEVER looking down the barrel - pull the hammer back and pull the trigger without damaging anything. The firing pin WILL cause the primer to discharge when you pull the trigger (if it works, which is the purpose of this experiment,) but since there is no propellant in the shell, you won't hear anything louder than a lady finger firework and nothing will be projected through the barrel but a small bit of air.

And for the love of God man, don't let your weapons rust; you never know when you will need them. If you have any more questions, feel free to U2U me and I'll hook you up.

edit on 10/12/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

The Constitution gives you the right to a gun. I don't see how this change takes away your right to own a gun and I still fail to see how not wanting people to carry weapons makes you a moron and retard.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieJesus
reply to post by OldCorp

Or that the people of California (the patchouli-loving, kumbaya-singing, granola heads of California) are equally retarded?

Old Corp, I usually see your posts and for the most part I agree with your point of views, but I am honestly disapointed to see such a broad stroked, ignorant remark like this from you.

I am a gun enthusiast and I live in California, and NO, I did not vote for Jerry Brown. I also know quite a few people, and not one of them likes, endorses, or supports Brown in any way. I really don't understand how he got back into office.

Sorry ZJ, perhaps I should have been more clear. I put the "the patchouli-loving, kumbaya-singing, granola heads of California" in parenthesis specifically to separate those types of people from the minority of Cali residents - like you - that still have their heads on straight.

I hope that gets me back into your good graces.

Take care brother, you're surrounded by kooks.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by OldCorp

Christian, Gun-loving and conservative. You're as much as a stereotype as those Granola eating hippies like me just on the opposite end of things.

Why are your opinions any more valid than those who hold the opposite view?

Because they are backed by the Constitution. I think the Framers did an excellent job at limiting government and securing the God-given rights of their progeny. If they were alive today, I have no doubt they'd be leading a second American Revolution. They have to be rolling in their graves to see how this nation has squandered its greatness, and thrown away the freedoms they bled for.

reply to post by OldCorp

Hi eek. Sorry it took me so long to get back to you. I have a terrible chest infection at the moment and I was up hacking and coughing all night. After I got the kids off to school this morning I drank a gallon of Nyquil and passed out. I JUST woke up.
Anyway...

Take a knife and cut the plastic end, not the brass end, off of a shell, emptying the contents into a place safe from heat (remember, gunpowder is extremely flammable. For God's sake, please don't smoke while you are doing this.)

Once you have emptied the shell of all of the shot and gunpowder, charge your weapon by inserting the shell into the barrel and closing the breech. You can now aim the weapon in a safe direction - NEVER looking down the barrel - pull the hammer back and pull the trigger without damaging anything. The firing pin WILL cause the primer to discharge when you pull the trigger (if it works, which is the purpose of this experiment,) but since there is no propellant in the shell, you won't hear anything louder than a lady finger firework and nothing will be projected through the barrel but a small bit of air.

And for the love of God man, don't let your weapons rust; you never know when you will need them. If you have any more questions, feel free to U2U me and I'll hook you up.

edit on 10/12/2011 by OldCorp because: (no reason given)

Thank you so so much...Yea i bought it rusted...I hope its ok...Again thank you so much...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Buddha1098

The constitution seem like its fading away now..Soon to be no more...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eeks4

again thank you..and i hope you feel better...Oh just so that doesn't sound funny im a woman

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Anti-gunners are NOT dumb, they are ACTIVELY evil. They know that they CAN'T get the sort of world they want while their would be victims have guns. once the guns are gone, they can enslave or kill everyone that opposes them in any way. That is what they want, and they will get it one day, too, then WW3 starts, cause I will SEE to it that it does!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Although technically you can get a permit to carry concealed in California, effectively you cannot. That is because California is not a "shall issue" state. Police Departments have the final say and they normally say, "No" to applications for CCW permits. It is very very rare to find anyone with a CCW in California. Citizens in California are defenseless.

That actually varies a lot from jurisdiction to jurisdiction inside California. Some areas are definitely "no issue" and some have effectively become "shall issue' counties. For example, Sacramento County used to be a lost cause unless you had mitigating circumstances or connections. Now, however, the Sheriff has become much more lenient and you are much more likely to be granted a CC permit. It all stems from a budget battle - the controllers reduced the Department's budgets, forcing officers off the streets, and in response the Sheriff started "rubber stamping" applications as long as you used one of two acceptable reasons for applying for the permit:

"I wish to carry a firearm for self defense and the defense of my family."
"I wish to carry a firearm for self defense."

As of October 22, 2010, the Sacramento County Sheriff's Office is officially issuing to all non-prohibited persons with one of the above-stated good causes. Source: CalGuns.net

All that said, I'm much happier to carry without everyone knowing it. Open carry, IMHO, should remain legal but as long as I can still carry, it's all good.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

No worries OC, a bit of knee-jerk reaction from myself, no ill sentiments meant.

P.s. Your grace is good, lol

Take care

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
see they keep taking and taking keep nibbling away and that second ammendment to the point your going to wake up and say "damn wish i had a gun".

thats the peoples republic of kalifornia if a zombie outbreak ever occurred your gonna have a few million people screaming DAMN WHY DID WE BALL ALL THOSE GUNS!!!

doh!

you have to laugh at this stupidity the price of freedom is eternal vigilance.
edit on 12-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Ya i agree you know what reminds me off? These Koreans know how to kick ass and taking names

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Paulioetc15

BALL was suppose to be BAN thanks for not yelling about the typo

and thats some crazy stuff and i say police? didnt see any didnt prevent them from stealing from them.

messed up video there.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No this isn't messed up, it shows that when it comes to riot, then you should carry the guns all the way

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join