It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Protesters invade paliament and thrown out

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Protesters invade paliament and thrown out

www.news.com.au

About 80 protesters chanted "democracy is dead" and "no mandate".

They included Peter Madden, who helped organise the anti-carbon tax Convoy of No Confidence in August.

There were two teams of protesters, seated on each side of the lower house chamber.

They stood up one group at a time to disrupt Ms Gillard as she attempted to answer a question from a Liberal MP.

Read more: www.news.com.au... aXqSUDvH
(visit the link for the full news article)

Another link to other info on the matter of the carbon tax and stupid it is wattsupwiththat.com...

edit on 12-10-2011 by vkturbo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This just shows what is happening our country is being hijacked. She said no Carbon Tax and goes against her word we asked for a mandate we get told no Australia already did when they voted.

This is just wrong she has implemented this tax by first giving us the public the ones she is suppose to represent the big middle finger and shows she doesn't care what we think.

There is also speculation she may have left the lodge for now due to death threats she will be lucky if that is all she gets.

This government has shown who they work for and what they truly want and some how the public need to stop it. Hope fully a new party that is trying to form will get the push start they need to do so that part is the APA Australian Patriots Association or just a revolution against these crooks.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
What ever happened to Australia? I'd always thought fondly of the Land Down Under as a place with as much or more Freedom than the United States. Times have changed world wide, it seems. How sad.... There is no place left to run. I suppose Reagan was right when he said that would be the case if we lost freedom here.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Yes Democracy is dead when the Government doesn't do as 80 protesters have asked.

Were more blocked at the border by police again lol

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Yes, good luck protesters. Good try but it won't work. The country is going to s**t.
I'm worried that the often 'she'll be right' attitude is going to be the people's downfall. It doesn't seem to matter who I speak to, everyone has had the same attitude. 'Oh well, it's just typical of the government, what can you do? Just gotta get on with it....'. Something's gonna give soon I feel. People might just start waking up.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by aaron2209

Laugh it up mate we had how many out the front and were told they were extremists just to get you to think they are bad. If you like what is going to happen to this country because of this you obviously haven't thought anything out. Every country that has this implemented has an economy that is suffering inflation this whole thing is going to be manipulated once it hits the market then we are really screwed.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
The most shameful thing is 98% of Australian freehold land is now under mining exploratory leases.

Most of these license holders to plunder the pollution stored under the ground are foreign owned , so in effect Australia has no soverignty anymore.

The labour governement has signed a 180 billion gas supply deal with the Chinese Democratic freedom loving ....USA loving,Tibet loving, anti execution loving, live Dog Skinning (sic) government.

Yet we are supposed to get up in protest against the carbon tax?

We have no nation left get it?...its gone.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Australia is now unfortunately lost, we have been dumbed down through mindless entertainment, 90% of the population can tell you who is winning the latest reality TV show but not 1 of them know anything about politics.

our obsession with junk food is why we have the prime minister we have, people where voting Ronald Mc Donald for Prime minister and we got the closest thing to it, a red headed clown.
minorities such as teh greens have their own agenda to save every last cockroach and stop people standing on grass in case it hurts its feelings.

I give up on this country and except we are just a testing ground of what is to come for the rest of the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

with you there especially when they have Norfolk i think it is under a carbon idea where every citizen has so much carbon credits and once they are gone have to buy more or trade to turn us into a 3rd world and back before the industrial age.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by vkturbo
There is also speculation she may have left the lodge for now due to death threats she will be lucky if that is all she gets.

Gee, I cant imagine why things cant get done in government.

Its one thing to be pissed at your rep, its something else entirely to threaten to kill them. If the AU government released a lit of AU citizens who should be killed, you guys would be raising holy hell. They should take a long look in the mirror and ask themselves if its worth replacing a politician who did not represent the will of some of the people and replace them with a person who is ok with her death to get her out of that seat?

Vote her ass out.... If you want to kill, then they ned to pack it in and head to Tehran where that type of asshattery is practiced.

edit on 12-10-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

I am not going to support the idea of killing her.

But she was elected with the promise of no carbon tax.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Labor was elected because everyone was sick of lil Johhny, not a promise of no carbon tax by Julia.

I'm for the carbon tax. We have to start the transition sometime. Perhaps people here should stop listening to the likes of Alan Jones

If Australia wasn't a democracy those protestors would be dead.
edit on 12-10-2011 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Nice idea for carbon tax, but it's behind the scenes that count, and those in power that count, things such as this is always nice to hear and read about. The masses get the vote, but some of us really do leave almost no carbon foot print. So isn't that unfair? What happened to a free world with just? True law is flexible enough to be just anywhere. I'm not into these ideals of taxing us for nature.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifecitizen
Labor was elected because everyone was sick of lil Johhny, not a promise of no carbon tax by Julia.

I'm for the carbon tax. We have to start the transition sometime. Perhaps people here should stop listening to the likes of Alan Jones

If Australia wasn't a democracy those protestors would be dead.
edit on 12-10-2011 by lifecitizen because: (no reason given)

you are an election late
Kevin Rudd beat Howard and then Kevin was knifed by Julia Gillard, Julia then went to the election saying no carbon tax.

I don't listen to Alan Jones, because I have my own mind, the concept of a carbon tax is reasonable, but what you fail to see is that the carbon tax is only the start.
The carbon tax is introduced and prices rise only a bit, Australia is then looked at as the poster child, other countries then decide to jump on board, the scheme will be plagued with corruption and before you know it, the UN is now in control of carbon credits, the climate continues to change and now goverments impose a household credit scheme, before you know it, you need extra credit to have a child.

sound a little far fetched? we shall see within 50 years, I will more than likely have died of old age by then, but unfortunately my childrens children will never know a world without a carbon tax and someone telling them that it is our fault the climate is changing and we need to restrict peoples ability to reproduce.

far more involved than that, but as this is an Aussie post, we have a limited attention span so I will not go into it any more than this, I may start my own thread which people will be able to disagree with me all they want.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by aaron2209
Yes Democracy is dead when the Government doesn't do as 80 protesters have asked.

Were more blocked at the border by police again lol

In the UK we had over 1 million protesters on the streets of London to try and stop the rape and pillage of Iraq and we all know what happened. I don't think numbers matter but the reasons for the protest do!

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
When politicians go back on their promises it is perfectly reasonable to point it out, and see if the electorate thinks it is important enough to turf them out at the next election.

And if the electorate thinks it's not actually important then that's tough.

It is not democratic for 80 people who weren't elected at all (or any other likely number really) to invade parliament and insist that their will be done - t whether the politico's broke promises or not.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Munkey, we didnt elect Julia?
-she seems to think we did though.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by munkey66

Do you really think they will rise only a bit? you might be kidding yourself there wait till all food production is moved offshore because it's cheaper to make or our aussie businesses go broke then you will find we will be screwed. How about no we are going to hammer trying to get gas for our future and what that does to our environment.

Also wait till the whole system is on the market and the ones with the money will be able to manipulate it so then things will get really expensive and then we are screwed.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
Vote her ass out....

We never voted her ass in mate, she stole power by knifing the bloke we DID vote in (ie Kevin Rudd) in the back with the help of a few union thugs. As a result of this, many of us Aussies have realised that we don't actually have a say in who leads us.

Just to clarify also, I've always been a Labor supporter until now. Having said that it will also be a cold day in hell before I vote for Abbott or the Liberals. So where does that leave me? Most of the other parties that show up on the ballot end up giving their votes to Labor or Liberal.

I have an unpaid fine from the government for not voting in the last election sitting on my desk. I plan to write in saying that I will vote only when they provide me with a ballot ticket that wasnt heavily preferenced toward either of the main two - that and they can shove their fine up their collective........yes, that!

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
We elected Labor but we didnt elect Julia. I heard her say how proud she was to be the first female Australian PM and Im like 'well thats a bit rich seeing as noone really even voted you in'. I say its not counted Julia

The way it's going Abbott has a chance
Im scared of godboy!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join