It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 WAR GAMES Allowed the Attacks to Happen - Video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Conveniently all this was going on that day! What's the chances eh?!

Sure was a great help to whoever planned this!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Cassius666

For the Continental 48 states, there were 14 fighters on alert on the morning of 9/11/01. Fourteen. For the entire continent. The 113th Fighter Wing at Andrews AFB, so often maligned by the truth movement, had just returned from a TDY. That day was the day that most of the airmen came back to work and as such, did not have a flight schedule for that day. And yet, going from a "cold start" managed to get a few jets in the air, of which, ONE had a half load of 20mm ammo for it's cannon.

The sad fact is the post Cold War drawdown left us woefully unprepared for the events of that day.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
reply to post by Cassius666

For the Continental 48 states, there were 14 fighters on alert on the morning of 9/11/01. Fourteen. For the entire continent. The 113th Fighter Wing at Andrews AFB, so often maligned by the truth movement, had just returned from a TDY. That day was the day that most of the airmen came back to work and as such, did not have a flight schedule for that day. And yet, going from a "cold start" managed to get a few jets in the air, of which, ONE had a half load of 20mm ammo for it's cannon.

The sad fact is the post Cold War drawdown left us woefully unprepared for the events of that day.

You talk like military personnel would!

In 1994, a small aircraft, (Cessna 150L), crash-landed on the White House lawn. Because of this two combat squadrons are permanently stationed at Andrews AFB 10 miles away from the pentagon. These are the USAF 113rd Fighter Wing and the USN 321st Fighter Attack Squadron. Respectively equipped with F-16 and F/A-18 aircraft, and instead of scrambling these closer aircraft to intercept the 757 that was supposedly on course for the pentagon, they instead scrambled jets from over 100 miles away?! The jets at Andrews AFB should never have let the '757' approach.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by kidtwist

You can post all your stupid assumptions you want. It doesn't change the fact that the 113th was not standing alert duty that day. Contrary to popular belief, the US Air Force does not keep it's aircraft loaded for war on a daily basis.

And you don't just call any base and say, "scramble". It doesn't work that way.
edit on 5-6-2012 by vipertech0596 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
In terms of these war games, IMO whoever executed this attack must have know about these drills. In an attempt to connect the dots
, what if the Israeli spy ring managed to gather this type of intelligence and provided it to the "terrorists"? I remember reading the Israeli art students managed to enter high level government buildings?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   

You can post all your stupid assumptions you want. It doesn't change the fact that the 113th was not standing alert duty that day. Contrary to popular belief, the US Air Force does not keep it's aircraft loaded for war on a daily basis.

Oh, so you're saying the USA/Washington/Pentagon does not always have a defence system?!

Pull the other one!

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

The simple answer is no. The only aerial defenses that DC had that day were the alert fighters at Langley.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

It didn't work that way was a flaw in the system, is that same flaw still in the system?

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

Sigh. At the time, there were 14 planes on alert at 7 bases. Andrews was not an alert base. Neither was my base, the guys at both bases had to start "cold". Forty five minutes after the word was given, we had pilots turning wheels with partial weapons loads. It wasn't a flaw in the system. It was the system. Today, there are quite a few more bases with alert aircraft.

posted on Jun, 5 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   

reply to post by loveguy

Sigh. At the time, there were 14 planes on alert at 7 bases. Andrews was not an alert base. Neither was my base, the guys at both bases had to start "cold". Forty five minutes after the word was given, we had pilots turning wheels with partial weapons loads. It wasn't a flaw in the system. It was the system. Today, there are quite a few more bases with alert aircraft.

This is what I remember. My dad used to be in the military and explained all about how you can't just scramble planes to intercept aircraft when you're not prepared in that area. We were prepared to take out foreign threats, not domestic threats.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by loveguy

Wasn't it a long time ago that you said something to the effect that you were working under Rumsfield at the Pentagon and the 2.3 trillion blah blah blah?

The post in question? I only have a grabber, I knew the post would find some dark corner...
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

So, where was your base again?

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by loveguy

reply to post by loveguy

Wasn't it a long time ago that you said something to the effect that you were working under Rumsfield at the Pentagon and the 2.3 trillion blah blah blah?

The post in question? I only have a grabber, I knew the post would find some dark corner...
" target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

So, where was your base again?

LMAO BUSTEDDDDDDDDDD

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia

reply to post by loveguy

This is what I remember. My dad used to be in the military and explained all about how you can't just scramble planes to intercept aircraft when you're not prepared in that area. We were prepared to take out foreign threats, not domestic threats.

It was supposed to be a foreign threat! 'Hijackings' are rarely done by your own citizens!

I take it you do not know about the plane from 1994 and because of that they had 2 permenant fighters on standby 10 miles away? Your dad must have forgotten to tell you that!

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You need to reread what he wrote. It does not say what you paraphrased.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidtwist

Originally posted by Varemia

reply to post by loveguy

It was supposed to be a foreign threat! 'Hijackings' are rarely done by your own citizens!

I take it you do not know about the plane from 1994 and because of that they had 2 permenant fighters on standby 10 miles away? Your dad must have forgotten to tell you that!

You don't have a clue! The 113 Fighter Wing was and is not USAF it's ANG. It was also NOT dedicated to NORAD, which is responsible for Air Deference in the US. Not only that it was NOT an Air-to-Air unit either. It belonged to Air Combat Command with an Air-to-ground mission.. Navy F/FA-18's defend ships not the US mainland. NONE of those units had aircraft on alert. The configuration of the bases was a direct result of the draw down and reduction in forces following the Cold War (Peace Dividend).

Second misstatement you've made is that those unit were assigned there as a result of the 1994 incident. That is false, they had been there for several years.

You have been given correct information by vipertech and I'm simply adding to it.. I don't have the time nor inclination to argue with the likes of your ilk, so you can just stuff any further questions or argument.

You're Welcome.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
So the greatest military in the world were doing war games involving every servise they had. Yet on the day of these war games. They had no flights available to defend the country? or even to defend the military HQ of the USA?
Why did them evil commies waste all thier money, making nukes ect. When all they had to do, was to hire a few cave men, give them basic flight lessons. Arm the cave men with box cutters and send them over.
What a waste of time money and energy. Perhaps if they hadnt lost those trillions of dollars, then they might have been able to afford a decent defensive servise.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

No, i did not say I worked under Rumsfeld at the Pentagon, blah blah blah. I said we ( my reserve command) received messages telling us to ensure we submitted the right numbers to the right offices.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

You need to reread what he wrote. It does not say what you paraphrased.

Hey, thanks for the heads-up.
He wasn't on a base/post, he was in the pentagon, that's the headquarters. One little white lie? When does the conscience kick-in? Is there one in there?

Sorry, I realize you can't answer that.

I come here for leisurely discussion without any kind of ulterior motive, why do I find myself engaging in rhetorical arguments? Am I the bad guy? Yes, because I disagree with those who are stealing my government from me.

Don't bother with any history lesson, I'll find my own source. Maybe.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

On the morning of 9/11/01, I was a full time employee of Fawn Engineering in Clive, Iowa and a Naval Reservist drilling at the Naval Air Reserve Center in Minneapolis, MN (since reorganized into Naval Reserve/Marine Corps Reserve Center). Our August drill weekend we were doing end of fiscal year reports. Directives were issued from DC in regards to the proper offices for the different reports.

For those with longer than normal memories about my posts, in 2004, I transferred to an Air National Guard unit that flies F-16s.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

reply to post by loveguy

On the morning of 9/11/01, I was a full time employee of Fawn Engineering in Clive, Iowa and a Naval Reservist drilling at the Naval Air Reserve Center in Minneapolis, MN (since reorganized into Naval Reserve/Marine Corps Reserve Center). Our August drill weekend we were doing end of fiscal year reports. Directives were issued from DC in regards to the proper offices for the different reports.

For those with longer than normal memories about my posts, in 2004, I transferred to an Air National Guard unit that flies F-16s.

I appreciate the input, but it is a little off-topic. I bet it sucks having to defend yourself for supporting the very people keeping you from being my friend.

I had a best friend once. His name is Marty, we grew-up together. He joined the USAF and I ain't heard from him since. You strike me like he did. So, I like you.
edit on (6/6/1212 by loveguy because:

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join