It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Republican Presidential Debate, Tonight at 8P ET - Your Comments/Insight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Tonight’s event will be hosted by the Washington Post and Bloomberg TV. If you don’t have BloombergTV, here’s the live stream of the event from Bloomberg.

www.bloomberg.com...

Who Will Win Tonight’s GOP Debate? Vote here!

conservativedailynews.com...

edit on 11-10-2011 by RowdyAmerican1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'll be checking it out, no way to know who will actually win though.
Little to early for that,.

Lets hope Ron Paul does good..

I see Romney coming out ahead tonight.
Perry is going to drop the stupid stuff I think
that has made him look crazy and un-electable.
He has too or it is over for him.
Cain is going to go all out I think and shoot himself
in the foot. Lets see what happens.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
cain i am projecting cain hes pulled with in a few percentage points of romney

if he makes another strong showing second prediction is that Ron Paul will get little time and get make the most sense and get the most applauses.

but thats not really a prediction its a given.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I believe Ron Paul will continue to tell it how it is. This could potentially be a big one for him, and for the people.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I knew there was a Rep. debate tonight, but wasnt sure where. I never knew there was something called "Bloomberg TV'. I hope it dosent turn into a Romney vs Perry debate again.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yup, Ron Paul will make the most sense and yet Cain will come out ahead.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Considering the media eating crow of Paul's latest straw poll win, I'm looking forward to see what happens tonight.

He wins and they want to "look further down the list???"

Point of Fact ... EVERY CANDIDATE busses in people to the straw polls... that is how they are run. Interesting that he accuses Paul of subterfuge when that is the very process of these elections.

Paul has a loyal and large support base. The other candidates have corporations pushing them, but small support bases. The MSM is totally rigged.

TY John Stewart:

ETA... link above does not work for me. I found a link that works for a live internet stream: live stream.

edit on 11-10-2011 by pianopraze because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
"I think his 999 plan is catchy. I though it was the price of a pizza when I first heard it"

Herman Cain took that a little too personally
edit on 11-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edt my post

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
ah man Ron Paul just killed everybody in the housing bubble question

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
So far its all been hogwash and sidestepping. RP made some very good points, but the rest has just continued to use the typical, as expected response.

If this circus continues I'm afraid Obama will be easily re elected.

ETA Cains 999 plan just got exposed as a tax hike.
edit on 11-10-2011 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Turned the debate on at 8:30 est. Ron Paul was speaking at that time. Haven't heard a peep out of him in the past 30 minutes. Have heard multiple times from basically everyone else. Same old same old.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
1 housing bubble question and asked a question? Typical, and Cain DID say the federal reserve doesn't need an audit, its on youtube.

edit on 11-10-2011 by MrRamblinRose because: add video

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ron Paul just talked about how the Republican party has caused lots of problems, and the idea that all of the issues occured in the past 2 years is nonsense. That was great, that's the kind of honesty we need in a politician. I mean it's a no-brainer, obviously Republicans and Democrats have made poor decisions, but it seems to me that many of the Republican candidates have been blaming Obama and only Obama for problems.

Exhibit A: Herman Cain just said that Occupy Wall Street protesters should be protesting the policies of the Obama Administration.
edit on 11-10-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Same regurgitated lines, same painted on smiles, same super romney bias, business as usual. It makes me laugh thinking that these people really think they can make a change, any of these "tea partiers" will do the same things as clintonbushobama. Ron Paul 2012 or full-scale revolution.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
What I see is all of the candidates (but RP, of course) address the symptom of the disease... create jobs, create jobs... basically the promise every one of them made. Dr. Paul addresses the illness, lack of liberty. He understands that the best way to create jobs is to make government smaller and get out of the way of a true free market.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I tried to watch the debate as impartially as I could, pretending I had no special knowledge, and just seeing who seemed poised and ready.

My first observation is Romney did really well. For every time he was asked something, he had a crisp and coherent answer. Moreover, where the other Republicans looked like they were trying to win the nomination of their party, his answer on healthcare and what MA did as opposed to TX was designed to reach to moderates. His answer on China will also play well with the left.

Rick Perry continues to look lost. His answer to every question might as well have been "Drill, Baby, Drill."

Hermain Cain was calm and confident, but he took a big hit tonight. Santorum and Bachmann both took a piece of him. What is going to resonate is not that he was a Fed member. What will resonate is the lack of confidence Republicans have in the Congress, and their belief (which I think is justified) that giving Congress a national sales tax would only be opening a future disaster.

Michelle Bachmann had a decent night, neither hitting anything out of the park nor hurting herself.

Huntsman just feels like an also ran. Look for him soon in a Secretary of the Interior office near you.

Rick Santorum. I live in Pennsylvania, and knowing how he is a real moron, I have to say he's pushing his strategy hard. He's playing to be Huckabee redux, and as much as I hate to see policy based around this, I think he's right that children growing up in two parent homes have an advantage. If you're going to argue for limited government, you need communities, and other institutions such as families to pick up the slack. But he's too nasty to win, in the end.

Newt continues to grow on me. He says things that are snappy, seems aware on every issue, and isn't afraid to take a shot. It's just that he never seems to sell himself. He seems to like playing statesman, but it may work in the end if all Romney's competition implodes.

And Ron Paul. I agree with everything he says about the Fed, but he seriously and desperately needs to expand his message. Until he does that, and until he makes crystal clear in a debate, in thirty second soundbytes, the tangible benefits of his economics, he's going to have a ceiling.

So, at the end of the day, the race dynamic is fundamentally Romney vs. whomever emerges as the conservative voice. It won't be Bachmann, won't be Perry, and I don't think it will be Cain in the end. Who that leaves is hard to say. If no one does, however, Mitt wins.

A thought I had all night while watching Romney, and especially after he lobbed a softball to Michelle for her question is he would do himself a lot of good to invite her to be his VP. Why you ask? Mitt can appeal to independents and fiscal conservatives in a campaign against Obama. He's not their first choice, but he isn't at risk of losing those votes. However, the evangelicals will be loath to trust him, and she's a great choice to go pick up those voters. While he runs the campaign he wants, she can go to all the functions and build herself a network that will be able to mobilize the religious right, forming a strong enough coalition to win. Having a woman would also be an asset to him, obviously.

Just my observations. I'll tell you one thing I don't agree with, however. I hate how they all think deregulation at all costs is the answer. I used to be with the LP, spent a lot of time studying what industries and especially banking does, and I think if you give them invitation to take free reign, they do. It's an important enough issue to me that I'd probably vote on it as first priority.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
How many questions did Ron get? I didn't evne watch, given he really hasn't been included in the previous debates.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Not very many questions asked to Paul. It revolved around Cain, Perry and Romney, with small interjections by Bachmann, and Santorum.

It's amazing that they even let Romney have the last word, which IMO completed the propaganda technique.

Paul did draw a lot of applause from his remarks and he is as consistent as ever.

new topics

top topics

join