It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Work blows - alternative if you did not have to?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I would vote to reelect Obama so I could get a handout and reap the spoils of redistribution of wealth.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

We are born slaves and die slaves as to this system. Very sad if you ask me. By the time you might have enough in retirement (if even possible) you are too old to really enjoy yourself...

I have to say that often, we spend money on vacations and fun when we should be saving it, but really, it's because of what you mention... I mean, are we really going to feel like climbing the rocks of the pyramids of Mexico when we're senior citizens? Probably not...so we'll do it while we're young.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I would sooooo be an archaeologist and travel all the ancient sites esp Egypt, Machu Picchu and Puma Punku!

I would love to study Ancient Egypt in person!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Oh man, Egypt is such a dirty, hot place... More of a place to visit, than any place you'd want to spend a lot of time in. Granted, I could spend days in an Egyptian museum...but on a dig site? Ugh...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

me i would ROCK! it's not like i don't rock for a living but if you would be hiring i'm handy with a rake and compost heap.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

If you are really sick of city work -

Take a trip to some nice rural area that you could see yourself living.

Go around asking farmers if they were prepared to allow you a
small spot to sleep/live (corner of barn - abandoned shed)
and a small area to grow your own veg / chickens.
Maybe a meal or 2 for you as well.

All that in exchange for providing your labour to help out.

There are a few farmers who would be happy for free labour.

Plus you learn some new skills.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pityocamptes

So you would go back to do the hardest, lowest paying, most backbreaking job you can think of, yet call the modern job slavery?

You know what the alternative is? Find a job you love. I love my job. It doesnt pay well, but I have an eclectic group of coworkers i get along with, it is rewarding, and I can see the value of my work.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join