It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Work blows - alternative if you did not have to?

page: 1
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Work blows... We are all slaves. I would gladly go back 200 hundred years and be my own farmer, husbandry, etc, knowing its for ME only.

If you didn't have to work, what would you do? Whats your passion?




posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If I was rich enough not to work, I'd simply travel...all the time, and see as much of the world as I could.

Other than the Caribbean, my wife has never been out of the country, so I'd love to be able to take her all over.



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Fishing. Both Competitive and leisure. I am mostly into extreme weather fishing. Ice fishing that is, as well as very early spring wading and winter wading. Walleye's and Jumbo perch are my game. the nastier the weather the more I like it. I live in the upper midwest so it gets down right frigid.....yeah baby!



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zippidee
Fishing. Both Competitive and leisure. I am mostly into extreme weather fishing. Ice fishing that is, as well as very early spring wading and winter wading. Walleye's and Jumbo perch are my game. the nastier the weather the more I like it. I live in the upper midwest so it gets down right frigid.....yeah baby!



I love to fish!!! I think I would travel, fish, and just enjoy life.

We are born slaves and die slaves as to this system. Very sad if you ask me. By the time you might have enough in retirement (if even possible) you are too old to really enjoy yourself...



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Your right.

We are slaves to the system.

But what can you do apart for complain?



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
havnt worked for 2 years now almost. it has its ups and downs, and no i dont recieve any kind of funding from the goverment



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I would grow a variety of GREEN plants... and then sell the flowers.



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Your right.

We are slaves to the system.

But what can you do apart for complain?




Complaining makes me feel better...


I really don't know, except say to hell with the world, move into the mountains and start living life like Jeremiah Johnson...



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo
 


I'm with that guy.



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharterZZ
Your right.

We are slaves to the system.

But what can you do apart for complain?


Exactly what can you do?
I guess maybe work your life toward the goal of living off the land. But that takes many years to get everything you need to actually do it. And then when you reach old age then what? you will need the system eventually and the system only excepts legal tender. There is no way out

On topic: I would also like to travel and find out what life is like in other places around the world



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityocamptes
Work blows... We are all slaves. I would gladly go back 200 hundred years and be my own farmer, husbandry, etc, knowing its for ME only.

If you didn't have to work, what would you do? Whats your passion?


We all serve somebody, always have, always will. You can't escape it. I like my job, I wish I had more personal time for my hobbies, but I deal with it.



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I would grow a variety of GREEN plants... and then sell the flowers.


haha done it, but with the influx of others wanting to do same and the market being so blown up it aint really worth it. but yielded some pretty flowers. and worked in a warehouse for half a year



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
DP

edit on 11-10-2011 by InshaAllah because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Right now i serve no one other than my familia and myself. i have been here before i take it as a present from God. kinda a spiritual vacation.

what i mean is i take the time to get familiar with my spiritual side. but in modern society thats not looked upon with great favour.


nawhatimean



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I don't mind, it's just the type of work that you have to do these days. I wouldn't mind shucking corn and canning, being a traveling minstrel, something of that nature. I guess I'm just too old school.



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Browse ATS!! like i do every day when im at work pretending to...work.

Alternative to my job though? I work in telecom, but if i could do it again i think i would be a pilot.



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Bixxi3
 


When you used to reach old age your family was there for you, but now the "family system" has, through years of social engineering, been broken down.



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Get a nice sailboat that just me and me wife could handle and sail the world. That and plant marijuana in every country I stopped in, just for fun



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It actually isn't that hard to not have a JOB...

The biggest thing people have to get over is all the crap they use or buy which is directly dependent on their next paycheck... IE loans and recurring bills. Not owning things outright (vehicle, house) creates a harsh dependance.

Plus having a job is expensive... Commuting, eating out, child care, etc.

It all creates this personal little mini pyramid scheme Jenga tower... One wrong move, tragedy, accident, lay-off whatever, and the whole thing comes crashing down. Why not just start from the bottom up?

I haven't had a job in almost a year. I live semi-communally with friends and family. I grow fine WA state medical cannabis in full compliance with the law. I continue doing carpentry work, but get to pick the jobs I take and often do them as barter for things other people have to offer (Food, their skills/crafts, their crap that I can further barter with etc.)

Food, shelter, clothing and transportation isn't actually that expensive or hard to come by for one person...


"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
"Men have become the tools of their tools."
~Henry David Thoreau : Master of fulfilling, uncomplicated, joblessness
edit on 11-10-2011 by JRedBeard because: sp



posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by JRedBeard
It actually isn't that hard to not have a JOB...

The biggest thing people have to get over is all the crap they use or buy which is directly dependent on their next paycheck... IE loans and recurring bills. Not owning things outright (vehicle, house) creates a harsh dependance.

Plus having a job is expensive... Commuting, eating out, child care, etc.

It all creates this personal little mini pyramid scheme Jenga tower... One wrong move, tragedy, accident, lay-off whatever, and the whole thing comes crashing down. Why not just start from the bottom up?

I haven't had a job in almost a year. I live semi-communally with friends and family. I grow fine WA state medical cannabis in full compliance with the law. I continue doing carpentry work, but get to pick the jobs I take and often do them as barter for things other people have to offer (Food, their skills/crafts, their crap that I can further barter with etc.)

Food, shelter, clothing and transportation isn't actually that expensive or hard to come by for one person...


"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone."
"Men have become the tools of their tools."
~Henry David Thoreau : Master of fulfilling, uncomplicated, joblessness
edit on 11-10-2011 by JRedBeard because: sp




You actually make some great points. Its the recurring debt that plagues people!!!



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2 >>

log in

join