It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All You Need is Love

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
There are so many things wrong with the world today - wars, sickness, sadness. It's hard sometimes to beleive that love really does exist at all.

I have decided to put together a few videos that proves to me that love does still exist.

These are all videos of soldiers returning home to their famlies. The videos really sparked an emotional response inside of me.

Even if you aren't American, a patriot, or a supporter of any other military - these videos show a love that is rooted deeper than any political, or other can run.

I hope you enjoy, and they bring as much warmth to you as they did to me.

This is the video that got me the most.

This one really got to me as well - these dogs almost sound like they are crying out in true pain.

I'm sure you can all find more videos as well.

I would like to invite you to share a link, or a video if you know of one, that shows kindness and love does exist.

In the world we live in today - I think we could all use a dose of happiness.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this, even though it got me a little teary eyed!

You're definitely definitely right, people need to be reminded every single day how much love is in the world. There is sososo much love, an abundance of love, just waiting to be embraced by, and spilled out from, every single heart. We just need to remember it is there.

I hope people start more posts about love.

Also, on a side-note, I do not 'support' the war, especially our current wars, because I support human life and peace too much. I mean, I really do not understand the difference between 'murder' and 'killing somebody because your corrupt government told you to.' But lots of times when I bring this up people try to accuse me of being anti-american or anti-soldiers or anything else along those lines, and they seem to think that I am angry at the soldiers for doing what they are doing. I am not angry at them. We are all here playing out a purpose in this World, and the soldiers are doing theirs at the moment. So when people ask what I say we should do to/with our soldiers (they seem to think I am in support of prosecuting them or something) I just say, "Bring them home. Let their families be happy, let them be happy to see their families. Let them love. Let them live their life. And let those we are killing abroad do the same....and then prosecute our government 'leaders.'"
These videos are terrific examples of why these soldiers need to come home.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I do not think you are un-american at all.

I think the problem is the terminology people get confused on.

I do not support war at all - but I do support people defending theirselves.

I think war is just the term we have for "Legal Murder".

The war we are currently fighting in both Afgan. and Iraq are very strange things.

I listen to the media, and I can't understand why we are even over there. But when I talk to soldiers about it, they tell me stories of the people that live there wanting them there - because their own governments will not protect them.

There is a very different side to Afganistan and Iraq than we are allowed to know.

My friends have told me how children run up to them on the streets and give them hugs, and how older people love them.

I don't like death, and I will never hate a soldier for their actions in this war - so I guess you could say I'm in support of the soldiers, and not our government actions.

It could be argued that the soldiers have a choice - but it's either do what our goverrnment says or go to jail.

And - I cried my eyes out after watching the first one.
edit on 11-10-2011 by MentorsRiddle because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

THAT is what its all about!
We are not made for war IMO-that is why soldiers get PTSD,we are simply not supposed to be killing one another.
We are supposed to be with our loved ones,nothing else comes close.
Nice vids-shame they had to do what the rulers tell them in the first place though.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

What is most sad to me is the fact that the majority want peace, while the power hungry few make war.

I think we just need more love injected into our lives.

People have become so used to having hate around them that they are dull to it.

But if people's norms were love, they would fight to keep it that way.

People don't want to fight to keep hate, because that's still more of the same thing they don't like.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MentorsRiddle

That's the eternal problem of our species it seems-being controlled by a small elite-If we could figure out how to get honorable people into the top jobs it would be a start.
But that's the other problem,top jobs seem to corrupt people,or rather the power corrupts them.

Most people don't want to hate,they have been trained to do so by the rulers sadly.
Why do the rulers want,no NEED us to hate?
Simple,the same reason they want us to consume/work/have medications-Money.

Its a screwed up world we live in,but it need not be this way.
It should not.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

I once read that we like rulers, because it feeds some insecurity to be taken care of - which we carry on from our childhood years. That we all have some sort of need to have an authority figure, and that the powers that be play on that for their own ends and means.

It makes since in a way - sometimes cruel parents will play children against each other to manipulate them.

Democrats and Republicans

Christians and Muslims

You get the point....

Perhaps we will have to evolve socially, and mentally to break free from these subconcious bonds that hold our shackles to our ankles and wrists.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I'd really like this thread to turn into an uplifting thread that people continually post on - a thread to go to when you want to feel happy.

I'd like people to post pictures, videos, music, etc. that makes them feel uplifted and have hope.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

All You Need is Love

Having been there, I know that youth breeds a positive ideology. It sticks to some of us throughout life but, for the most part, age destroys it... and not because of age itself, but from life experience.

If one could generate a true, deep desire for a homogeneous world where greed and envy and jealousy and bigotry and a hundred of their offspring subdivisions were set aside, you might reach a kind of human utopia. But the world is not that easy to change because those who hold the power are also those who revel in those worst traits of the species.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely... and so we should understand that those who hold even a little power, hold at least some margin of those evils and they are nursed along with their desires, for more of the same.

The anarchists are not so much wrong in their wish for a world without governments and authority. They simply miss the mark in their understanding of the human condition.

The human race desperately needs salvation from some quarter... but if we don't do it ourselves, we will be subservient to whoever, or whatever does.

Love is best applied to those closest to you and then, when the chance arises, extended to those who deserve it. That's really about all that one can do in this modern world of the 21st century.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I suppose time does perhaps degrade the love in the heart - but maybe that's only because of so much outside influence that hardes the heart.

There is passage in the Holy Bible that says, "Without Hope the heart is sick. But when the desire (for hope) comes, it is a well of life."

Now even if you aren't Christian, that quote has to ring true.

I hope for love, and think everyone is capable of love. Although with some it might take a miricle to bring it out.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Furthering the "feel good' aspect of this post - this is one of my favorite versions of this song.

Stand by me

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentorsRiddle

I once read that we like rulers, because it feeds some insecurity to be taken care of - which we carry on from our childhood years. That we all have some sort of need to have an authority figure, and that the powers that be play on that for their own ends and means.

It makes since in a way - sometimes cruel parents will play children against each other to manipulate them.

Democrats and Republicans

Christians and Muslims

You get the point....

Perhaps we will have to evolve socially, and mentally to break free from these subconcious bonds that hold our shackles to our ankles and wrists.

Be your own leader-That's my philosophy.
We need leaders/kings/ruling elites as much as we need thing's like fox news/x factor IMO.

We are told and even coerced into behaving in a certain manner because our "leaders"make it so.
Today they have the mother of all technological control grids working 24/7 to dumb down and pervert our true potential.
They are the enemy of freedom and progress,they say:
"Who needs another Ghandi/Tesla these days-better they are all just subdued by drugs,TV and idiotic celebrity crap.
We don't want to have people challenging the powers do we?
Take your Soma and drift off into mindless oblivion-you know you want to."

What we should be doing is following our dreams,and our hearts.
Why take orders from goons who wish to milk every last bit of our life energy for their profit?
WHY?

posted on Oct, 16 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I agree so strongly. all we need is love.
Who needs fear when you can love?

edit on 16-10-2011 by RA777 because: THE LAW IS ONE

top topics

join