It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wall St. Protesters Plan to March on the Homes of NYC Billionaires

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

soros is using his jedi mind tricks on his puppets

may the force be with you jedi master

edit on 11-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
The addresses were likely found in the free "news" paper Soros passed out down there....

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I just don't get this whole OWS distraction. There was one report of Rep Lewis not be given the opportunity to speak at a rally because the crowd had to give consensus and couldn't do it ( they were claiming the OWS crowd acts as one with one voice). This will never work because people are different no matter how alike they like to portray themselves to be.

For those that believe in the Bible, even Jesus stated that there will always be the poor. With the banishment from Eden story and Jesus's statement (for those that believe) the garden of Eden cannot be recreated by man. We just can't make a perfect world out of an imperfect species.

No system is perfect. I have never been given a job by a poor or homeless person. Those that used their ingenuity, sweat, and money to create products and services should not have to give their profits away to bubba in the basement just because he isn't motivated to learn and earn.

Our system (flawed as it is) has worked for over 200 years. Why tear it down and play the Greece card? Why watch the world implode from greed on both sides? Yes even the OWS are greedy with the" give me what you got" attitude and a lot of the super rich for flaunting their wealth and abusing power.

We need to get the job machine running again for new small business's to prosper and grow while we also need to tighten down the screws on the super rich that uses ever loophole created for them and thumb their noses at us.

It won't be Eden, but it has worked in the past for generations without a meltdown like today is becoming.
edit on 11-10-2011 by dcmb1409 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dcmb1409
No system is perfect. I have never been given a job by a poor or homeless person. Those that used their ingenuity, sweat, and money to create products and services should not have to give their profits away to bubba in the basement just because he isn't motivated to learn and earn.

That's the thing.
The OWS people doesn't get it.
Without rich people, with lots of extra money to take a risk with...
...there will be No New Jobs!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by tomten

Not quite sure if that was sarcasm?

The more money these people have, the less money there is to go around to the rest of the population. There is less to work for, when deals go bad they do not take a pay cut, they sack someone. No argument exists to justify the amassing of millions and billions in wealth. No bugger works that hard!!!!!

The '1%' take opportunities away from the young, talented of the '99%' and give it to their mates, family and business partners mates and family. You can work hard all your life and never quite reach comfortable or certain security (99%) Hard work does not guarantee success if you are part of the 99%.

You are arguing for hard working people to continue working longer, harder for less and less whilst the manipulators reap the benefits. All I hear on bloomberg is how there is so much money to be made during a recession, yeah maybe but not for us because we are the 99%.

Why do some people just not understand? Are you the 'hard working' 1% who really do not get the reality of economics? Only idiots are capable of being so callous, get someone to go through the math with you.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by PosterNutbag
Yeah, not sure I "get" this march. Why march to millionaires homes to protest. We all do realize that not all of the wealthy in this country are dishonest greed mongers right? Some of them actually worked hard to get where they are in life, granted they may be few and far between.

I have to differ with you on how their wealth was acquired. While it may be legal to do business the way it's done it is not necessarily ethical.

I challenge you to list one person who has billions of dollars who have not broken a law acquiring the money or at least been unethical at some point. Of the 1% I would expect 90% have broken a law or been unethical. That leaves .10% who MIGHT have earned it honestly.

The system has been manipulated to serve the ultra-rich by the ultra-rich lobbyists. I say no more lobbying to government entities. If public money pays for the program it should not be lobbied. Votes should replace money in govt related policies, especially those that regulate corporations and banking.

This movement looks ragged and undefined, but it will grow into a bigger movement encompassing all of the major issues. This first stage will seek to identify the culprits. The next stage will be retribution. That will be followed by martial law and the loss of the constitutional rights of citizens. What happens after that is a toss up.

If the people are triumphant and the politicians fold there will be years of turmoil followed by a stronger society better able to cope with its problems.

If the government remains intact the rule of law will change to suit the rulers and our democratic system will be replaced by something resembling communism. Those in charge now will be rejuvenated by a victory over the masses.

This is my opinion and subject to much retaliation, but I try to make it clear what I think so we can all discuss.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That's the problem with this movement. It has no friggin clue what to do about it! It's a recipe for the disaster TPTB want from the universities on down...

The tea party had a plan, a solution...the Constitution. Without it, follow the mob to the slaughter house.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by onecraftydude

That being said how many of the 99% have broken laws to game the system? You know cheated on their taxes or received monies or services they were not eligible for? See there is the next step, once the billionaires have been dealt with who is next? So far this ows has been selective on who they are going after! It's not like the money thrown to Solyandra was favoritism. The WH has too many wall street types advising the potus on economic issues. Maybe it's time to start taking a good look around and not be used by the establishment. Because so far this has been very one sided as to who is being protested. The fox's have been in the hen house for a long time and through multiple administrations! Who best to help write the laws, but people from the inside and we all know politics is about quid pro quo.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
A faux demonstration for a faux revolution.

A real revolutionary would recoginize that challenging the money power requires a voluntary lowering of their standards of living. It takes an empire subjugating the planet to provide the standard of living Americans have become accustomed to, so anything short of demanding a complete withdrawal from 700 plus military bases is transparently hogwash.

These "spontaneous" protests are simply the American version of the various color revolutions that have replaced the old boss with the new boss the world over. They've got "CIA" written all over them.

To fight greed, one must simply no longer be greedy. The only way to stop the beast is to stop feeding it. Stop buying the corporations' crap, earn as little taxable income as possible, grow your own food, trade when possible.

Throwing a fit in the street will only undermine the message of the alleged movement...whatever that is.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Why worry about their homes when you can go to the root of the problem, the federal reserve, Pennsylvania ave, and k street?

This movement has been compromised beyond all belief.
edit on 11-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by TreadUpon

The tea party had a plan, a solution...

How did that work out for them, after being taken over by the GOP?

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by TreadUpon

I agree they shouldn't be doing this in the middle of the day, they should wait till 5 pm, while these thugs are sitting down to dinner, IMO.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by tomten

Originally posted by dcmb1409

That's the thing.
The OWS people doesn't get it.
Without rich people, with lots of extra money to take a risk with...
...there will be No New Jobs!

Because those same rich people that you are protecting have paid the government to help them to ship American jobs overseas. Lets be honest here, because clearly some of us are either naive or they are shilling.

I for one do not subscribe to the Robin Hood nonsense, the tax system needs to be overhauled, but taking all of their money will do nothing to solve the problem. End the corruption, and make those with money become wary of the fact that they will face severe punishment if they even dare to buy off the government that is supposed to serve the people.
edit on 11-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
reply to post by TreadUpon

I agree they shouldn't be doing this in the middle of the day, they should wait till 5 pm, while these thugs are sitting down to dinner, IMO.

Yes they should be scaring the hell out of these peoples families because they deserve it right?

Well, there was one part of that poll that might just be correct, it might end in tragic violence....

Because i tell you one thing, if i had a mob outside my house and things start getting out of hand im protecting my family, I dont care if youre carrying a "Peace" sign while youre threatening my family and my home.........

You have an issue with rich people thats fine, STAY AWAY from their homes, wives, and kids...........

IF they decide to do this , then they get what they deserve.....

I am now convinced this movement isnt about ending corruption, its about ending the rich and redistribution of wealth

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Where are they making threats?
That's so ludicrous I am liable to think you must be in first grade.
They should have justice served up to them, I will put it this way, we picketed a woman's house who was a drunk driver that killed a teen a few years ago...to work on her guilty concience that is the whole reason for the OWS to picket these places, maybe the wrongdoers will grow a concience it certainly worked in the case of that drunk driver.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Ahh so you take to insulting me because you dont agree with me???

Really , how is this out of the realm of accuracy?

Youre telling me a massive mob of people outside your house wouldnt scare the wife in kids?

Please.............

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I gave you an example of what it could do, and also how it was proven to work, you insulted me first... so expect it back and then don't cry about it.
The point is if even one of them grows a concience than it was well worth it.
So that's what MY Point is.
BTW I am the wife and no it wouldn't scare me...
I am not chicken little.
edit on 11-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

I gave you an example of what it could do, and also how it was proven to work, you insulted me first... so expect it back and then don't cry about it.
The point is if even one of them grows a concience than it was well worth it.
So that's what MY Point is.
BTW I am the wife and no it wouldn't scare me...
I am not chicken little.
edit on 11-10-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

1. Would you please point out in my post where I insulted you please? Ill hold my breath....

2. Just because you dont like my viewpoint doesnt make it any less true........

3. Theres lots of things "proven to work" , that doesnt mean they should be a valid option.......

You can deny it all you want, I really dont care, You dont make the families pay because of "perceived" transgressions by the money earner of the family......

I love how the OWSers have NO issue advocating things like this, but when the shoe is on the other foot the OTHER guy is the one in the wrong.......

Hypocrisy at its best

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Yea and in legal terms that was harassment. Accomplishing good by doing bad, way to set a precedent. Slippery slopes if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by hangedman13

Yea and in legal terms that was harassment. Accomplishing good by doing bad, way to set a precedent. Slippery slopes if you ask me.

"The end justifies the means"

Remember that, this is the philosophy quickly becoming the mantra for this movement........mark my words....

sad indeed

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join