It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NHS Privatisation Day?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
The House of Lords is discussing the Health Reform Bill which will transform the health care system in England. It is interesting that this major news is not considered major by The Daily Telegraph, The Guardian or BBC News. The articles regarding this news have been overshadowed by the Liam Fox affair.

This could be another example of those in power making us look at their right hand while their left hand is performing the trick.

Check out the UK leading newspaper and BBC News websites and see how they are underreporting this issue

www.bbc.co.uk...
www.telegraph.co.uk...
www.guardian.co.uk...

"The Royal College of General Practitioners published a survey yesterday in which more than 70% said they strongly agreed or agreed with proposals by some organisations and clinicians that the health and social care bill be withdrawn."

At least The Guardian is having a go:

Live coverage
www.parliamentlive.tv...
edit on 11-10-2011 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-10-2011 by dr treg because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dr treg

Privatise the NHS? Please tell me this is a very bad joke.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The BBC have done a Q&A page on their site for people who aren't sure what it really means which was handy because I didn't really know much about it, I'll provide the link below.

BBC Q&A

I think all of us in the UK can agree on one thing, as long as it stays free we will be happy. I wouldn't put anything past that floppy haired **** Cameron and his Tory cronies

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLoneArcher

I'm afraid creeping privatisation is here to stay..
Such a shame, tho as always we have replaced one set of crooks with another.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

You have that right. Presently, I work under a German contract, which means I pay German health insurance. It is so expensive due to the fact that the doctors over here charge a bloody fortune. And pepole wonder why the doctors all have flashy cars and expensive suits.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

That's the issue I see with the creeping privatisation of the NHS, bang goes economy of scale and we'll see a wholesale increase in costs which will in turn affect the quality of service..

I guess this cash cow is about to be really milked.. which is pretty sad really, but not surprising considering the path we as a species seem to be taking at the moment.
edit on 11/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

It is really sad. The NHS was such an inovative idea. Now it has died a death.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Yes, we have gone from the caring profession and angels to managing profit margins, what a sad way to go

I was discussing the Welfare System in Britain on another thread, and trying to explain to one ATSer that the whole System sprang not from Government ideals, but rather sprang from the compassion in hearts of people for their fellows during the Great Depression.

Where they added services (Doctors, Respite care and what not) to help everyone in need we are cutting those services away, which makes it all the more sad and kinda shows what type of society I now live in

edit on 11/10/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join