It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inspirational music and its effect on you personally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I am sitting here in my office, squaring a few things away, with my headphones on, listening to a random mix of music, when on came "Into the West" the closing music to Lord of the Rings - Return of the King. A very apt piece to hear, as I am about to quit my job in Germany and move West, back to France, my Family and home.

I must admit it has brought a happy tear to my eye, as this has been my goal for about 3 years now.

So, please share with us all what music has inspired you and what effect it had on you.

Kindest Regards

The Lone Archer

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Good thread idea.

Can't say I know of the exact music peice that you're reffering to but I know I like anything LOTR.

If we're talkin' Inspirational, I'd have to say Salmonella Dub - Dub Survivour is the best uplifting, thought-provoking song to chillax to. It's the sort of song that makes me think about life.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Realm52

I have never heard that before. It is the kind of music I would play in the background whilst I am preparing a meal.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
know what you mean.

Hans Zimmer, Steve Jablonsky, Audiomachine, Two steps from hell, and more... these composers/digital sound artist have inspired me to do this as well.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I don't even have to think about this. This song chills me out, calms me down and energises me all at the same time. Give it a listen if you are a bit worked up or stressed out, it will work.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ThorsBrother

Yay! Star for Oceanlab!

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Awesome idea for a thread! I actually have a playlist of songs that inspire me. Of course, there's different kind of "inspirational". Sometimes music inspires me to be more spiritual, sometimes to be more physically active. The following songs are under my "exercising" playlist (I've been in a Rock mood lately).

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I like listening to Korn when I'm down because I go through what the singer has and what we all go through in part so it's cool to have a favourite band to make you feel like you're not alone.

Samples (there may be some language and or imagery so you have been warned):

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
In fifth grade my teacher would play songs by Julie Andrews before every class, usually from Mary Poppins. She would always give out Jolly Ranchers when the class worked hard and did well and she was basically the best teacher ever. Years later I realized that she must have done that on purpose as a 'spoonful of sugar' to make learning seem a little less like medicine. But that wasn't the song that struck me, that's just the reason that something so simple has remained in my memory. 'Feed the Birds' is one of the most inspirational songs I've heard and a lot of times when I start listening to a lot of propaganda about how people should view the world, I feel like I have to go back and start from scratch about what type of person I want to be. So I listen to one of the songs that I heard over and over again as a young child in school, and I use it as my own personal propaganda to remind me that what seems like little things in life can be some of the biggest and most important.

edit on 11-10-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
From a young age this has always made the hairs stand up on the back of my neck. Nothing better than taking a walk in the english country side and have this come on the ipod.

edit on 12-10-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Elgar, now you are talking.

If I should die, think only this of me:
That there's some corner of a foreign field
That is forever England. There shall be
In that rich earth a richer dust concealed;
A dust whom England bore, shaped, made aware,
Gave, once, her flowers to love, her ways to roam,
A body of England's, breathing English air,
Washed by the rivers, blest by the suns of home.

And think, this heart, all evil shed away,
A pulse in the eternal mind, no less,
Gives somewhere back the thoughts by England given;
Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day;
And laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness,
In hearts of peace, under an English heaven.
edit on 12/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/10/2011 by TheLoneArcher because: Spelling

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I don't think this one needs any explanation...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Great Big Sea is pretty awesome for motivation.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My vote goes to music from Chopin's late period, mainly the peices he started touching impressionism
, but one of my all-time best is Chopin's nocturne op. 27, no. 1. It is from his younger period, but it is a peice that has everything in it and it is a world in itself.

edit on 23-10-2011 by shaulhadar because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

new topics

top topics

join