It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canary Islands, El Hierro probably is going to erupt today

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

Psychologists use the term Cognitive Dissonance,,,

isnt that a funny coinky-dink,, Daily Shoe,, tonight used that very same termmm,,,,

Cognitive Dissonance,,,,

we being socialy enginered here,,

Cognitive Dissonance,,

two opposing idea's in the same head at once,,,hmmm,, u mean like should i be good?/or bad?,,
hmmm a Concience u mean? or is that what kicks in after your,,Cognitive Dissonance,,
???? hmm linear thought,,or may vulcan logic?,,hmm, or Greek Philo-sophia,, or

ya just wheels in wheels,,

Me.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

Canary Islands, El Hierro probably is going to erupt today,,sorry did it??

Me.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Is this bad??

I have seen reports that the volcano is getting very active.. Harmonic tremors et al...

What do the ATS experts thinks???

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Is El Hierro the Volcano with the crumbling wall which may slide into the ocean or am i thinking about another Volcano in the canary islands??

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy
Is El Hierro the Volcano with the crumbling wall which may slide into the ocean or am i thinking about another Volcano in the canary islands??

Yeah, its in the canaries

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvanB

I'm pretty sure i was thinking of la palma as someone stated in another reply... Never the less some of those pictures look awesome.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
Is this bad??

I have seen reports that the volcano is getting very active.. Harmonic tremors et al...

What do the ATS experts thinks???

Not an expert on volcanic activity, but I have read some papers and have some knowledge on the subject. I would say it depends on how shallow the quakes are, continue to be, and how long the tremors continue to last.

Sometimes it is good for a volcanoe to release some pressure, but at other times it is an indication of a future eruption.

I will take a look and see what Spanish scientists are saying about it.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:44 AM
link   
It seems that the quakes are migrating to the surface, and are migrating to the southeast.

The fact that the quakes are migrating to the surface suggests that magma is also traveling to the surface which is indeed bad, more so for this area.

How bad it will be depends on the pressure that remains down there.

Even if the magma surfaces slowly this could cause at least part of the mountain to crash down...

This could indeed be very bad. We will have to monitor the quakes, but for now we can only wait and see.

Here is a current picture of where the quakes are migrating to.
www.avcan.org...

The quakes have moved more to the center of the island, and they cover much of the mountain in a wide area from top to bottom.

edit on 25-6-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: edited to add comments.

posted on Jun, 25 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
It seems that the quakes are migrating to the surface, and are migrating to the southeast.

The fact that the quakes are migrating to the surface suggests that magma is also traveling to the surface which is indeed bad, more so for this area.

Even if the magma surfaces slowly this could cause at least part of the mountain to crash down...

This could indeed be very bad. We will have to monitor the quakes, but for now we can only wait and see.

Oh boy... Thanks for digging..

Gonna keep close watch..

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join