learn more

Canary Islands, El Hierro probably is going to erupt today

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Update from canariesnews

07/11/2011 @ 07:38 – So far this morning there have been 11 earthquakes above 1.5 degrees Richter, all located to the north west of El Hierro, off the coast of Frontera. One of them above 3 degrees.

07/11/2011 @ 06:45 - There has been an earthquake registering 3.8 on the Richter scale further away from the Canary Islands, to the north west

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
and a further update....and sounds like uptick in on going events

Important Update 07/11 – 08:52 UTC :
Raymond Matabosch just reported that he had earthquakes all night in his current position at the Las Calmas sea. Raymond is thinking that the earthquakes he is feeling are rather submarine explosions and NOT the regular earthquakes we can see on the seismograph.

From earthquake report
Doesn't sound good.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Update from earthquake-report.com

This is amazing, just go and have a look at the images.

Very Important Update 07/11 – 11:12 UTC :
Involcan Canary Islands has released a very important picture showing the water temperature at the Jacuzzi spot. It only confirms our expectations, but we are really happy that this picture was released to the public (we had been talking internally about the lack of this heat picture since a couple of days). The difference in temperature in between the normal sea water and the jacuzzi spot is 11 degrees C

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Keep up the good work - with the combined info here - maybe this is the thread the Islanders should be looking at
anyway to get it to them ?
edit on 7-11-2011 by slidingdoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by slidingdoor
Keep up the good work - with the combined info here - maybe this is the thread the Islanders should be looking at
anyway to get it to them ?
edit on 7-11-2011 by slidingdoor because: (no reason given)

Working fine for me.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Nidwin

Hi Nidwin - you got in before my reply
Yes, perseverance paid off it worked second time I clicked on it !

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I am being sent info but can't get to the website to read more.
Here is what I have so far.

07/11/2011 @ 12:49 – Residents of La Restinga have been urgently evacuated after the ‘bubbling’ and ‘steaming’ effect increases in intensity and what was described by residents as a ‘huge rock or stone’ was expelled from the epicentre.

20 minutes ago La Restinga (El Hierro) urgently evacuated after bubbling & steaming effect increases in intensity.
1hour ago
After little activity yesterday, the underwater volcano eruption has today started to spew out lava and steam off the coast of La Restinga.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
@TZ

I'm not surprised about this evacuation and I think that's the right thing to do.

There's effectively an increase in volcanic activity that can be seen on the IGN CHIE graphs since 00:30 today.
As it seems the activity's getting closer to the island itself (the part above the sea level) making the danger for the people there increasing too. Better getting everyone safe now.

I only hope that an entire fissure isn't unzipping and the actual volcanic activity can vent out through the already existing vents under the sea. Last thing we need are vents opening up on El Hierro island. (part above the sea)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Nidwin

Thanks for that info. This one is a very stiff learning curve for me and so interesting.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
This was M 3.8 today ..

Pressure and tremors are still at high level ..

Witness the fact they describe as a "huge stone"-a pyroclastic-that was thrown. The Civil Guard urgently evacuated neighbors who had come to La Restinga to collect belongings.

www.canarias7.es...
edit on 7-11-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
There is now a webcam ish. el-hierro
Apparantly the webcam they have installed at El Pinar is of little use as only big eruption may be seen with it. They need an HD webcam which can eventually be directed by skilled people.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Tzavros because: added a line

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Mega-Tsuanmi link

reply to post by muzzleflash

Volcano activity link

The danger from this volcano doesn't come from an eruption but from a "mega-tsuanmi" which is caused by a giant landslide or rock slide of material. There is a giant wall of rock that is miles long and it has a long fault type crevices indicating a giant rock slide is slowly happening. if the rock slide happpens fast it will create mega-tsuanmi. They start talking about the Canary Island Mega Tusanmi at about the 29 minute mark.La Palma Island is just another one of the Canary Islands just like El Herro. If there is a major eruption at El Heirro volcano the entire area will be affected.

edit on 7-11-2011 by fnpmitchreturns because: video
edit on 7-11-2011 by fnpmitchreturns because: spelling

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dalke07
I think probably will erupt very soon, today ..

No earthquake in last 10 hours, don't looks good on this graph ....

No releases, pressure grows ..

We cant know how this eruption be strong, I think if don't erupt very soon it be more and more pressure collected for stronger eruption or stronger earthquakes ..

We can learn a lot at similar threads like this one, hope they put alarm for locals there ..

www.ign.es...

www.01.ign.es...

www.01.ign.es...

earthquake-report.com...

edit on 10-10-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

Hello from the joiner of dotts, very entresting data dose this then also include Mt Tiedy the one that gets Snow some times, was caught up there in huge blizzard with only cottin clothing Christmas 1987 this is all to do with primordial gravity and the loss of it and can be seen within Nostradarmus the Rose crypitic and also its the Mayan prophersy and is connected to Giza and all are connected by the flower of life, the Rose,

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Latest update from earthquake-report.

Joke reports that big stones are being ejected out of the water. This is currently visible from here garden in El Pinar, even without binoculars! This is the first time that such activity occurred. It also seems that there is much stronger jacuzzi action this morning

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Update from earthquake-report.

There is now another webcam
If you do not see the jacuzzi, it may be down for a while, but the image will refresh every minute or so and when new burst is sending the geyser-like column to the sea level, the jacuzzi can be well seen.
How to see the webcam image ? Click HERE and id asked for a userid and password, type : telefonica and restinga.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
You did a nice job collecting those data

I searched google for webcams and this is what i found

www.globale-evolution.de...
Page contains the ustream vid, earthquake map, weather map and another webcam that is temporary offline due overload

I also found out that the provider Telefonica was asked to give unlimited bandwith to the webcame because thousands want to view it

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
UPDATE

We report that the president does not want a webcam because it would hurt tourism as it would give the feeling of insecurity and danger

View it here

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Some newest videos and latest satellite image high resolution (1.5 MB) ..

You can see how pressure grow and when was releasing or submarine eruption ..

From start at 10-10-2011 ..

edit on 8-11-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Latest from earthquake-report

Update 08/11 – 17:28 UTC :
Raymond writes :
A new column of ash and magma and pyroclasts and gas rises 30 to 35 meters above the jacuzzi. The explosion generated a strong smell of sulfur and an early form of a cypressoid jet a few meters high appeared column

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
08/11/2011 @ 20:58 – So far today there have been 57 earthquakes over 1.5 degrees Richter around the island of Hierro. Four of them have been felt by the population. Two of them over 3 degrees

I do love this bit. Anyone want a rock?
police is checking all luggage on the airport very carefully from people leaving the island. The action has been decided to avoid smuggling of volcano stones. Some islanders have started an online business in selling the magmatic stones for more than 300 € /piece !
edit on 8-11-2011 by Tzavros because: added a line

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join