It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Our Future Technology Be Like 100 Years From Now?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Would a person riding in a horse drawn carriage in the year 1900.Have been able to visualize a 1500hp,250mph race car?...I don't think so...

Would a person watching a triple winged,propellar driven aircraft flying in the year 1915.Have been able to visualize a 2,200 mph,SR-71 Blackbird?...I don't think so...

Would a person launching a foot long bottle rocket from their backyard,on the 4th of july in the year 1890.Have been able to visualize a Saturn-5,three stage rocket,363 feet tall,with millions of lbs of thrust?...I don't think so...

Would a person in america,sending a letter on a two week journey,to reach it's final destination in france in the year 1910.Have been able to visualize being able to instantly communicate with someone 10,000 miles away in japan?...I don't think so...

Would a person looking up into the star filled night sky in the year 1880.Have been able to visualize orbiting satellites beaming down radio and movies all over the world?...I don't think so...

Going by those examples that i gave above and how those people,around100 years ago,most likely would not have been able to visualize those and many other future inventions,that soon would become reality.Are we even able to comprehend what our future inventions will be like?

Assuming we continue to advance.What types of fantastic and amazing technologies and inventions will our future contain 100 years from now?
edit on 9-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Assuming we continue to advance.

Now there is the big question. At the rate things are going we may in fact be less advanced 100 years form now than we are today. We we keep up as we are I see a big fall in our future.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Sticks and Stones, my good chap. Sticks and Stones.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Whenever i watch movies like star wars i always kind of laugh at how primitive it is. Even though it is different than what we know that doesn't mean its futuristic.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
i think that virtual holograms will play a big part in our technology and our entertainment.movies might be 3-d holographic projections,that we will be able to interact in with our five senses...we will be able to become a character in the movie.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FugitiveSoul
Sticks and Stones, my good chap. Sticks and Stones.

That reminds me of a famous quote.

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein (1947)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
our passenger airliners will become single and multiple passenger spaceships.taking people back and forth from bases on the moon.vehicles that will be able to make the journey both ways,without the use of staged rockets and without the need for a piggyback jumpstart ride on a modified 747 like the space shuttle...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I'd say within in 50 years there'll be alot of cyborgs walking around, Braingate has already done some impressive reasarch including getting a monkey to control a robotic arm using his brain en.wikipedia.org...
There's also this www.aolnews.com...

I think that once we and if we get through the current economic and social angst going on in the world the future will look pretty bright...until the andorids arrive and enslave us all. That's probably going to happen with in the next 500 hundred years though. So nothing to really worry about there for you or I.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i was'nt asking what kind of "doom and gloom and destruction" our 100 years from now future will bring...although i anticipated those types of responses.but what "positive" inventions the 100 years from now future will bring...what will our technology be like then?

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Would a person riding in a horse drawn carriage in the year 1900.Have been able to visualize a 1500hp,250mph race car?...I don't think so...

The overwhelming vast majority of new inventions came about (or were thought of) in the first 50 years.
By 1950 the idea of the television, radio, racing car, satellite, telephone, jet aircraft, electric light, washing machines, computer, helicopter, telex machine, recorded music to be played back in the comfort of your home at any moment you please, ...and many more were well established.

A citizen of 1900 walking into a living room of 1950 would be completely blown away.
A citizen of 1950 walking into a modern living room wouldnt really be stunned. Sure, theres a bigger color TV and the computer is quite interesting... but I doubt that there's much else.
Edit - actually, I'm going to take away the TV from that - the 1950 person could easily imagine a big color TV.

edit on 9-10-2011 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
I'd say within in 50 years there'll be alot of cyborgs walking around, Braingate has already done some impressive reasarch including getting a monkey to control a robotic arm using his brain en.wikipedia.org...
There's also this www.aolnews.com...

I think that once we and if we get through the current economic and social angst going on in the world the future will look pretty bright...until the andorids arrive and enslave us all. That's probably going to happen with in the next 500 hundred years though. So nothing to really worry about there for you or I.
i suppose in the far off distant future,humans and machines will literally merge as one...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

The overwhelming vast majority of new inventions came about (or were thought of) in the first 50 years.
By 1950 the idea of the television, radio, racing car, satellite, telephone, jet aircraft, electric light, washing machines, computer, helicopter, telex machine, recorded music to be played back in the comfort of your home at any moment you please, ...and many more were well established.

A citizen of 1900 walking into a living room of 1950 would be completely blown away.
A citizen of 1950 walking into a modern living room wouldnt really be stunned. Sure, theres a bigger color TV and the computer is quite interesting... but I doubt that there's much else.

Eh..The President's mixed race , the USSR has fallen , Test Tube Babies. Not to mention video games like Xbox 360 and PS3 and Iphones. Not to mention the roomba , more then what? Five hundred channels?My mom was born in '63 and she talks about how many cable channels we have all the time.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
A citizen of 1950 walking into a modern living room wouldnt really be stunned. Sure, theres a bigger color TV and the computer is quite interesting... but I doubt that there's much else

thats why i said 100 years from now and not 50.

land a SR-71 Black bird on a street in boston in 1880...what! would people think and say? and thats less then 100 years difference...

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I feel there will be many positive changes. First people will have dropped their Ego's. The world will be at peace. We will no longer use Gas or Oil. Free Energy will be available at this time. The human Ego must be gone because any person with a negative agenda could do some damage with free energy.

I also see a complete new heath care system. The one I visualize will be some type of energy healing that can create the same vibrational rate as a healthy individual. If one can increase the vibration the illness would not survive. I also feel lights, colors, sounds will also be used in medicine. Prescription pills will be a thing of the past. I feel money will be gone as well. We are learning it is much easier to get along than to kill. After people drop their negative ways they will start working together to truly educate each other instead of the enslavement we are currently in. Maybe I am a dreamer but that is what I see for the future. Doom is gone as soon as the Ego is banished. People will also learn they can guide their own lives if they pay attention to what occurs around them.

Peace to all.
edit on 9-10-2011 by Buford2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I'll be dead so who cares.

Hopefully governments are spending money to advance the human race (space travel) and not destroy it (wars). Highly doubt it though.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by fixer1967

A star for you. You know your quotes.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
We would have beaten our swords in to plows,,we will comunicate through thought we will play music make love,we will have clean energy we will have a over whelming desire to love and help our neighbours.

We will explore our solar system and beyond,we will have that moon camp,space bases.

We will have peace no money no greed we will seek knowledge,have children.

We will be respected members of the universe.

We may find God or God may find us.

Thats what i recon and hope for the next 100 years

We Can Do This.

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MinMin

That is the same type vision as mine. What do you think our health care will be like?

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by anthbes
I'll be dead so who cares.

Hopefully governments are spending money to advance the human race (space travel) and not destroy it (wars). Highly doubt it though.
there will be a future thats not so far away and that future will be filled with our children and their children and what we do now,will effect the kind of world they will have to live in.so we all shoud care...

and the "i me mine" people who don't care about the future, are the prominent reasons why we are in a financial and ecological downslide...the "all for me,none for everyone else" additude is wrecking our social structure
edit on 10-10-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

Maybe something akin to Star Trek,,,,,The Mind,,,,Herbs,,,,thought,,,
We will have great health so maybe NO health care no Age Care

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join