It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3.... I choose battlefield.. here me out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blu82

remember bro .. it's a beta it is a very small file so everything is not "polished" and the audio is compressed as it can... TRUST ME.... Dice knows what they are doing...

You can always Email Activision and ask them why they Never try to fix the bugs before their game comes oout.. cause they don't give a fecal matter

posted on Oct, 9 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nutzmctaffy

Never played Battlefield but I agree with your points on the Call of Duty games, I've been saying they suck for years.

Hell, when Black Ops came out, my brother and his entire group of college friends (plus a cousin and his, a sizable number of people lets put it this way) bought it on release, hated it and within 2 days, most had gone back to Modern Warfare 2 and sold Black Ops while others kept it but haven't played it since.

They also hated World At War and will get MW3 but aren't holding out much hope for it being any good.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Thanks for the reply, I actually went into gamestop and spoke with one of the employees and again spoke of my displeasure but he ensured me that its going to be awesome and may include a second bonus disc but he may be trying to push sales, I know i need to get on a new game, Black Ops is getting old and Medal Honor doesnt have enough maps...

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sorry the BF3 beta is crap! I can't see me buying it unless it gets a big tune up from the beta..... Too many things wrong with it right now, I think it could be great if they fix it up..... Oh to top everything off it seems as if all the COD players migrated to the beta, it was very frustrating playing.... The prone has brought the camping up to a whole new level in the battlefield series, everywhere you go someone is laying prone next to a corner of a wall or in a doorway, it's just terrible..........

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I seriously hope this game delivers as advertised, I seriously need a change of scenery from COD. Any reports on MW4?

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Does BF3 or any other BF have a single player campaign?

I may consider getting BF3, but the teamwork has to be right.
For teamwork games I am playing Brink at the moment.
I know COD never got teamwork right but they do have a good single player campiagn, especially Black Ops, the best SP campaign of any COD IMO.
But yeah I want good teamwork games, if BF3 can provide this then I will get it, but from BF2 demo and BF3 Beta it seems just as much of a cluster# as COD when it comes to multiplayer.

They should release a proper demo when the beta goes down.

posted on Oct, 12 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I have played both franchises COD since the first MW and both of the BF Bad company games that have came out.

COD4 MW was alright

hated WAW

MW2 was pretty cool but felt like I was playing MW all over agian

I enjoy playing black ops

have watched trailers on MW3 and I am not feeling it in the least. I actually double checked one trailer to make sure it said MW 3 and not MW2 it was the exact same graphics and everything

Bad company was a classic I mean whats not to like about bein able to blow to hell anything you like with any means that you choose? And the goofy comentary throughout the game just adds to it.

Bac Co 2 was an improvement on the first but I miss the level of goofyness. also the online can get frustrating at times.

the new one im not fealing eaither. I mean it looks perty good but I think I will stick to black ops for now.

in answer to the arkham city or assassins creed question my answer is BOTH!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

i like both games for different reasons, in my experiance COD is always the best for campaign mode and the single player experiance, but if you want a truely brilliant online multiplayerexperiance then battlefield wins hands down

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Honestly, I love BOTH games for different reasons like the above posted stated, but not for the same reasons. Let me break it down;

When it comes to realism, Battlefield #s ALL OVER Modern Warfare 3. When you play the game, campaign or multiplayer, you feel like you're in the war, not just handling some controller going through the movements. The graphics are simply amazing, the sound is great, the character's movements are just jaw-dropping, it's truly the closest you can get to the actual experience. After playing some online matches on BF3 then switching immediately after to MW3 I felt like I was on crack the way the soldier runs around the maps like he's got rocket boots or something. Battlefield is where it's at for realism.

When it comes to online play they both have their advantages and disadvantages. The not being able to back out of lobbies and no split-screen for Battlefield is a HUGEEEEE let down, almost unacceptable but I learned to get over it because of the amazing features this game has. If you want to play online with your friends then Call Of Duty is the way to go, it's more user-friendly by a long shot. However if you want to play online at home by yourself then go with Battlefield because you can't beat the experience. Like I said, you feel like you're in the war (well I do at least). Would you rather know you're playing a game or feel like the bullets are whizzing by your head without it actually happening?

Now onto the campaign's; I really loved both. Modern Warfare 3 was great because it tied up the whole story that started with the previous games, although it was a bit of the same thing there were new additions that made it really enjoyable. The missions aren't too long so it's a fairly easy campaign to beat in a reasonable amount of time. Battlefield 3's campaign mode was awesome too. The story was (kinda) fresh to me, and the way they executed it was just perfect. The scenes in between missions are sweet, it gives it a real personal feel as they want you to relate to the main character. The missions are long in this campaign and sometimes can be tedious but worth every minute of it. You should install the game to your hard drive so it runs smoother otherwise the HD loading can be annoying and audio can be delayed which will ruin the experience. The ending was great, leaving it upon for a possible sequel was a smart decision because if they make another game I'll DEFINITELY be buying a copy.

Hope you gamers found that constructive, I did this run down for you because I just love both games so much!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join